I get it, just annoyed.. Dude just text me a picture out of no where and it was him in a sweater. I was like oh throw back. He was like no yesterday. It was 80 degrees in tri-state area, Lol... Then hit me with a send picture message... I just feel like it is starting off like before... Just a bunch of text messages... :sad:

i hate this! we could be messaging about global warming, next thing its a photo. I just pretend I don't notice. Then comes the "send a pic"
ermmm why
because i want to see you...come on i sent you one
didn't ask. but if it makes you more comfortable i can delete it

When I talk relationships I speak in committed tones. That doesn’t mean I’m obsessed with being in a committed relationship. I’m not looking for casual things so when I ask your advice I phrase it in the way I look at serious relationships.

You may lie to yourself but I know you want someone to be there for you at the end of the day. Regardless if he’s paying a bill here or there , he’s not your man and nor does he respect you.

We have all made mistakes we wished we didn’t but don’t knock someone speaking what they want in existence.

Smh. Family.

Last edited:
I need a rotation of guys to keep my mind busy when I’m bored. I online dated a while ago, tried again and didn’t really care for it about 3 years ago, is it better out there ladies?

Ugh, who am I kidding. I need to get out more. Any ideas for things I can do alone for my bday on Sunday that might involve running into some eligible bachelors? Or just ideas in general? I’ve only ever spent one bday alone and I treated myself to a spa day. Wasn’t planning to be alone this year so I’m stuck trying to plan something last minute.

Meanwhile, the only person trying to do something with me for my bday is my ex. I was entertaining taking him up in it but I don’t want to lead him on.

Mr. Coffee Date vanished on me. It's reminding me of the article someone posted here about the reasons why men ghost you. He was 38, living with roommates and doing construction. He wasn't established at all, and I'm sure that he knew that he needed to work on himself. He was entertaining, but I'm not sorry for the loss.

The doctor may have some competition! I talked on the phone to a newish guy (I'll call him DJ), and we had a really good conversation. He's in the music industry. He does A&R and sets up tours. It was cool listening to some of the music of his artist, and talking to him while they were working in the studio. He sent me a pic of what they were up to. He's very funny and super energetic. He kept saying that he liked my vibe and my energy. We're going to plan a time to meet up hopefully this week.

Back from Paris. It was cool but it went by in a blink.

We had a great time. He is fine with nice pockets but I realize I could never date him. He is super judgmental and loud about it. I’m like bro, I know we are speaking English but they can hear you and I am sure someone understands.

And he was super sweet and generous with me but he is kind of a butt. He was ready to fight some man over something super small.

Between my weekend with him and a close male friend needing to stay with for 4 weeks last month, I am wondering how worth it is to have man in my life.

Last edited:
-At first, I was all about "drafting season" and "having a roster", but I'm realizing that for my rotation, 3 men at a time is my absolute limit. Men can take up a lot of time and I think any more than 3 is too much for me.
-The Libra guy I started talking to last month is my favorite right now. We went out a couple of days ago and I really like his vibe and how easy our conversations are.

I get it, just annoyed.. Dude just text me a picture out of no where and it was him in a sweater. I was like oh throw back. He was like no yesterday. It was 80 degrees in tri-state area, Lol... Then hit me with a send picture message... I just feel like it is starting off like before... Just a bunch of text messages... :sad:
A guy sent me an unsolicited picture and a few messages later asked “where’s my pic?” and I said “right where you left it” and that ended that. :lol:

Congrats! Are you happy to be off the East Coast?
Yes! I love/d living in DC but I was ready for a change and the energy in Austin matches mine so well. I feel fun, carefree and powerful down here.
I really like Austin. I only met white boys but I had a blast.

Good Luck!
Yes Austin is a fun city! I need to find the black men on my next visit. I matched with a cute guy on an app but didn't see his message until after I left.
Thank you! I’ve seen some cuties at my work so I joined the Black chat group and signed up to volunteer with them for Juneteenth this weekend lol.

Last edited:
Something interesting happened last night. I knew I was powerful but that was fast. I ain’t even been here a whole week. :look:

At work I made a list of qualities I wanted in a man and then tore up the list. Couple hours later this man told me he wanted to date me. Nice enough guy but he reminds me of someone I specifically wanted to leave behind in DC. I’m taking the fact that I shredded the list as a sign he’s not “the one.”

View attachment 448021
I don’t even talk to dude that often. Color me surprised when I saw this. So to answer your question, girl I don’t even know :lachen:

But what I meant to say was I was always okay with being single, but you can’t edit in Messenger lol

Ew.Why do people seem to be so against being single? As soon as you say you're happy and having fun being single, they want to argue with you:confused:

Ew.Why do people seem to be so against being single? As soon as you say you're happy and having fun being single, they want to argue with you:confused:
Because people have been conditioned to believe they have to be attached to someone else. They are filled with void, and were raised to think only another person could fulfill that void. Most people feel that way. Something is wrong with you if you are single, something is wrong with you if you don’t have any children. Deep down people envy others that are childless, or are single.

Back