This guy is great on paper. Hes even a nice person but hes never been in a healthy relationship.

I think I want to friendzone him but I keep wondering if I'm giving up security for the neck tingling feeling when I look at you. We dated in the past and wasted a bunch of years. I'm not too keen to jump back into that boat.
He told you about all of his failed relationships? Did he tell you what he learned from them and about himself? How did he frame himself in those failed relationships?
That will give you some food for thought on if you even can be his friend.

He told you about all of his failed relationships? Did he tell you what he learned from them and about himself? How did he frame himself in those failed relationships?
That will give you some food for thought on if you even can be his friend.

Yes, we talked about it. Hes a great friend. He just doesnt know how to have a healthy relationship. Hes wondering if hes now damaged due to all of the failed things that happened.

Hes so easy going but hes low key stubborn and because hes never been in a really healthy relationship, it doesnt seem as if he is open to trying something new. I would love to go to couples therapy with him just to talk things out but we arent dating.

He also is very vanilla and proud that hes vanilla @Evolving78

Active on the board in general, or in this thread?

I live in Dallas, but I travel a lot for work so I really just pay rent here lol.
The board in general! I searched some old threads about Dallas and most of the poster haven’t been on in years.

I’m reading that Dallas is huge so I’d love to know where all the young, single professionals are.

Yes, we talked about it. Hes a great friend. He just doesnt know how to have a healthy relationship. Hes wondering if hes now damaged due to all of the failed things that happened.

Hes so easy going but hes low key stubborn and because hes never been in a really healthy relationship, it doesnt seem as if he is open to trying something new. I would love to go to couples therapy with him just to talk things out but we arent dating.

I wouldn't advise suggesting couples therapy. You aren't a couple. He has individual issues that need to be addressed. If he is interested in having a relationship with you and you with him a condition of said relationship could be that he goes to therapy.
Couples therapy involves you in a process that should solely be his. Go on dates with other folks and when he gets his stuff together maybe you all can get together.

Why is he your friend? He clearly doesn’t want to be and sounds like he is looking for a fixer, and you sound like you wanna go into fix it mode. Leave that dude where he is. Men ain’t trying to be your friend and will tolerate the friend zone for so long to see how long it will take for you to show weakness and break. If this was Sparta, he would get kicked off the cliff with all of that unhealthy talk.

I wouldn't advise suggesting couples therapy. You aren't a couple. He has individual issues that need to be addressed. If he is interested in having a relationship with you and you with him a condition of said relationship could be that he goes to therapy.
Couples therapy involves you in a process that should solely be his. Go on dates with other folks and when he gets his stuff together maybe you all can get together.

What I mean is if we were dating Id like to go to couples counseling. @BrownBetty

Why is he your friend? He clearly doesn’t want to be and sounds like he is looking for a fixer, and you sound like you wanna go into fix it mode. Leave that dude where he is. Men ain’t trying to be your friend and will tolerate the friend zone for so long to see how long it will take for you to show weakness and break. If this was Sparta, he would get kicked off the cliff with all of that unhealthy talk.

Hes my friend because he always has my best interests at heart. Whatever I need I can go to him for. Family, business, or legal.

We arent dating because I dont want to deal with someone who knows his issues but is scared to work on them. Hes not looking for a fixer because he would come right out and tell or ask me to help him.

I am keeping him at arms length because of it as well as the vanilla . @Evolving78

ETA , Im seeing someone already.

This guy has great potential, just not emotionally in regardless to a relationship.

The board in general! I searched some old threads about Dallas and most of the poster haven’t been on in years.

I’m reading that Dallas is huge so I’d love to know where all the young, single professionals are.
I was going to mention her too but she hasn't been posting lately so I wasn't sure if she was on LHCF sabbatical lol

So I have a special friend that comes around cleans the pipes and keeps it moving. That is all I need him for. I am happy with the situation. Yesterday he came around trying to change things up and I'm annoyed. He texted me talking about is it ok to bring his laptop so he could do a little bit of work? Umm bro you are not going to be doing any work because you are leaving after. He said ok but then still brought his laptop talking about he brought it just in case. Then later he was all like I'm just going to set up right here and work for a few minutes and maybe we can talk if you wanna order food? Nah son. I politely said, I'm sorry but I'm really tired and have to get to work early tomorrow, I hope you understand. He said he did and then texted me the whole time he was on his way home about how good it was to see me. Might have to cut this one loose.

I was supposed to call this guy last night, I should have said no because I wasn't feeling it, was very tired. I said I would, but in the end I didn't, I fell asleep.

He posted a sad face emoji and said "guess I got blown out then," I just said that I fell asleep simply.

"Okay then, so why don't we speak now" - this is at 7:15am lol

I find that over eagerness so off-putting.

My friend was telling me about a guy she was talking to online, she asks him for his height, this was the convo:-

Her: How tall are you
Him: I don't know around 5'3
Her: What do you mean you don't know
Him: I don't know, I am a little short I haven't measured myself
Her: How is that possible, I'm 5'9 you're a midget!
Her: You need to measure yourself

Poor chap lol

I had a nice sabbatical from dating but I think it’s time for me to put my hat back in the ring. (Sigh) I honestly liked my me time, but my husband is not going to come knocking on my door. I need to put myself out there emotionally and physically. I want to try a mixture of things this time not only dating apps, but going out more and finding group activities to do.

So I have a special friend that comes around cleans the pipes and keeps it moving. That is all I need him for. I am happy with the situation. Yesterday he came around trying to change things up and I'm annoyed. He texted me talking about is it ok to bring his laptop so he could do a little bit of work? Umm bro you are not going to be doing any work because you are leaving after. He said ok but then still brought his laptop talking about he brought it just in case. Then later he was all like I'm just going to set up right here and work for a few minutes and maybe we can talk if you wanna order food? Nah son. I politely said, I'm sorry but I'm really tired and have to get to work early tomorrow, I hope you understand. He said he did and then texted me the whole time he was on his way home about how good it was to see me. Might have to cut this one loose.

Yeah, he's getting too comfortable. It's like this ain't Starbucks bro :lachen:

For living or hanging out? Lots of young professionals in the Uptown area. Also in The Bishop Arts District, Design District, Deep Ellum, Knox-Henderson and Lower Greenville. Let me go respond to your PM :lol:

I'm getting this creeping feeling that God blocked me from a major bullet. Everything kept going wrong. It's looking too much like divine intervention. . . .

I will never let a man waste my time ever again.
This is just another life lesson.

Yup, a lesson learned. Got to take from it and keep it pushing. No need to kick yourself over it.

Delete and block. He deserves not one more second of your time. On to the next!!

Saw this thread posted and was like let me update... I haven't thought about dating in some time... Been living life, every so often I think about a guy but then it subsides because my focus turns to other things... :perplexed:

Oh yea freaking Match.com hit me with another charge although I thought I cancelled, so I have to use it now... Definitely goign to explore the events...

I had a nice sabbatical from dating but I think it’s time for me to put my hat back in the ring. (Sigh) I honestly liked my me time, but my husband is not going to come knocking on my door. I need to put myself out there emotionally and physically. I want to try a mixture of things this time not only dating apps, but going out more and finding group activities to do.
I could've written this. But I'm don't feel like going out. :cry4:

I know girl, the struggle is real. I’m happy and comfortable alone. I feel like I’m mentally preparing myself to get on the emotional roller coaster that is dating.
I feel you. I mean I have 4 guys in rotation now :look: Well 3 1/2--one is long distance. But I don't really see myself with any of them long term. I just go on dates and have fun. But when I date someone seriously, it's so stressful and I just don't feel like it :(

I feel you. I mean I have 4 guys in rotation now :look: Well 3 1/2--one is long distance. But I don't really see myself with any of them long term. I just go on dates and have fun. But when I date someone seriously, it's so stressful and I just don't feel like it :(

Lol, oh you dating dating. I’m trying to be like you. Yeah, same here. Dating can be fun until you start really liking someone and they start stressing you out.

Back