I know and I love the attention. Love bombing doesn't effect me like that. I can and have strolled right out of a "relationship" when I'm over it, and I get there quick :lachen::lachen:
So you know that it isn’t real. It’s just to get you hooked. Like keeping you on the phone until 2am, then contacting you again in the morning.
I used to replace a man so fast, that I felt the same way you did, but the bad part was it was the same man, just in a different package.

The high from all of that attention feels good, until it wears off and reality kicks in. Be careful.

DON'T have the 'what are we' convo. Just fall back. Don't be as available. You are there too much, especially as someone who hasn't heard the gf title yet.

Don't act cold or mean. Be just as you always are but find something else to do for a bit. Be very sweet when you say you can't.

Otherwise, he will take it for granted that you will just be there and won't be motivated to define your relationship.

If he doesn't respond, no worries. Start rotating fresh ones into your sched.
I had a mental deadline of April but was wondering if I was being too impatient. Thanks for the advice:bighug:

Y’all should never have to ask a man that. Stop sleeping over should be the first thing you start doing. The second should be to get you some plans to keep you interested and unavailable.

Eta: And I wouldn’t give the key back either. I would just stop using it and if he asks say I lost it. A key and no title does not compute.

My DC boo met me in Cali when I was there for work. :blondboob: Three times in a 12 hour period... :giveup: I finally had to tell him I needed a break. I met some of his friends and he met my dad’s side of the family. He’s a quiet guy who takes charge, if that makes sense. I mentioned the house party where we met, and I asked him if he remembered it, and he said “yes, I was in the basement standing by the fireplace and you just walked out of the bathroom. You had on a Black shirt and a Black skirt...” etc.. I was like, damn son, I don’t remember all the specifics. He must like me :giggle:

I miss him. He takes care of me and he’s fun to be around. I can be completely myself with him, no need to play a role. Le sigh.

My DC boo met me in Cali when I was there for work. :blondboob: Three times in a 12 hour period... :giveup: I finally had to tell him I needed a break. I met some of his friends and he met my dad’s side of the family. He’s a quiet guy who takes charge, if that makes sense. I mentioned the house party where we met, and I asked him if he remembered it, and he said “yes, I was in the basement standing by the fireplace and you just walked out of the bathroom. You had on a Black shirt and a Black skirt...” etc.. I was like, damn son, I don’t remember all the specifics. He must like me :giggle:

I miss him. He takes care of me and he’s fun to be around. I can be completely myself with him, no need to play a role. Le sigh.

Sounds like a good guy! So what is keeping you from making it a committed relationship? The distance?

Sounds like a good guy! So what is keeping you from making it a committed relationship? The distance?
Yep it’s the distance. He is firmly rooted in the area because of his family, and I never know where my career will take me. I wouldn’t mind sacrificing upward mobility for the real thing, but we haven’t had that convo, and I’m not going to bring it up. I’ll be on a job hunt soon and I may end up back in DC. We’ll see

Yep it’s the distance. He is firmly rooted in the area because of his family, and I never know where my career will take me. I wouldn’t mind sacrificing upward mobility for the real thing, but we haven’t had that convo, and I’m not going to bring it up. I’ll be on a job hunt soon and I may end up back in DC. We’ll see

If it is meant to be it will be. :up: Enjoy the ride!! Literally and figuratively :lachen:

I’m celebrating my birthday tomorrow and I’m super excited. I usually have a get together in my apt with food/drinks and a dj because I’m extra...but this year I’m meeting folks at a bar.

It’s going to be a lowkey afterwork vibe and I’m happy to see friends that I don’t get to see often. I’m interested to see how bae in training is going to feel/act around my ppls. I’m also interested in seeing how all my different groups of friends interact. I’m hoping it will a good mix!

I’m celebrating my birthday tomorrow and I’m super excited. I usually have a get together in my apt with food/drinks and a dj because I’m extra...but this year I’m meeting folks at a bar.

It’s going to be a lowkey afterwork vibe and I’m happy to see friends that I don’t get to see often. I’m interested to see how bae in training is going to feel/act around my ppls. I’m also interested in seeing how all my different groups of friends interact. I’m hoping it will a good mix!

Happy birthday! You and my dad are birthday twins:)

Last night was fun but some of my friends are stank. I have a lot of friends from high school that I’m still cool with but most of them are not cool with each other. I really can’t understand it... maybe they were all humping the same dude or something.

The good reverend came early to pick me up so we could spend sometime before the chaos. Some of my friends knew him already because they were there when we first met and because he crashed my New Years plans. Everybody kept saying how fine and nice he was.

I thought he was going to have to leave early because he had “work” early today but he stayed the entire time. He brought me home and ordered me food before he went home himself. This man is going to make me love him.

The fact that his family is celebrating his niece's 1st birthday a week early, so that he could be there, says a lot about Mr. C. He's shared pics of his nephews and niece with me, and they're adorable!! I really wasn't expecting to hear from him at all this weekend, but he's still been so consistent even when out of town.

Is this for April Fools Day? Either way, I am amused

They been needed too. I tried tinder once didn't stay got tired of men approaching that where short and didn't have much fight in them to deal with the fact I'm a 5'10" Amazon. I still have people trying to change my mind daily online about my height requirement. These guys have all these guidelines but the minute I say I want a tall man I'm discriminating. Sir please....

I hope this is real!! I don’t see myself online dating for several months, but as a woman who is 5’11” I appreciate it
You feel my pain as tall women.
I have had guys lie about their height or just not list it.

Back