This man has been calling me more often and while I really enjoy talking to him, his voice throws me off. I don’t really notice it in person but on the phone he sounds like THE whitest man ever and kind of zesty on top of it.

I’ve noticed this same phenomenon among other black male “intellectuals” especially those who’ve went to lily white prep schools. Trying not to over think it but it definitely throws me off.

It feels especially petty because my phone voice is Becky adjacent as well. But errr, we can’t both sound like becky.

I'm feeling really overwhelmed today and a cuddle would do wonders. Since getting the new job last week, its dawned on me im going to have to move again, learn a new industry, make new friends etc and the energy of a reassuring man that i love would be nice right now.

I'm hoping moving to the new region will bring about a new chapter with someone special.

This man has been calling me more often and while I really enjoy talking to him, his voice throws me off. I don’t really notice it in person but on the phone he sounds like THE whitest man ever and kind of zesty on top of it.

I’ve noticed this same phenomenon among other black male “intellectuals” especially those who’ve went to lily white prep schools. Trying not to over think it but it definitely throws me off.

It feels especially petty because my phone voice is Becky adjacent as well. But errr, we can’t both sound like becky.
:lachen: this gave me a nice chuckle! :grin:

Let me get this out real quick, because I'm at work and have a day full of meetings and too much to get done...

My ex got married this weekend. I completely forgot about it, but I remembered this morning and went on social media...bad idea. He looks nice and I don't know her so I won't judge, she's probably a lovely person. I only found out after I found him looking at all my IG stories and decided to look him up. He was the last guy I dated before I moved from the US and we tried to figure things out, but I was moving and he's not really ambitious like that to get up and move across the world.

We had some fun times for a few years but it was on and off and I was always away, he was always working.

I don't even know why I'm trippin now, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be married and I'm still not sure. I just feel like he "won" because I'm still single, even if it's by choice. Can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess.

Okay, back to work since it's too early and inappropriate to have a drink right now :drunk: I just need to breath through this, I'm surprised I'm so affected by this, ughhhh

Let me get this out real quick, because I'm at work and have a day full of meetings and too much to get done...

My ex got married this weekend. I completely forgot about it, but I remembered this morning and went on social media...bad idea. He looks nice and I don't know her so I won't judge, she's probably a lovely person. I only found out after I found him looking at all my IG stories and decided to look him up. He was the last guy I dated before I moved from the US and we tried to figure things out, but I was moving and he's not really ambitious like that to get up and move across the world.

We had some fun times for a few years but it was on and off and I was always away, he was always working.

I don't even know why I'm trippin now, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be married and I'm still not sure. I just feel like he "won" because I'm still single, even if it's by choice. Can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess.

Okay, back to work since it's too early and inappropriate to have a drink right now :drunk: I just need to breath through this, I'm surprised I'm so affected by this, ughhhh
Girl that was a set up. Just because of that little slick move he played, you dodged a bullet. You are single and can make moves without having to answer to anyone. Enjoy life! He is somebody’s husband that will be sliding into somebody’s dm soon. You need to remove him from your following list and block if possible. Don’t think for one minute he didn’t do that mess on purpose. He wanted you to see that.

Girl that was a set up. Just because of that little slick move he played, you dodged a bullet. You are single and can make moves without having to answer to anyone. Enjoy life! He is somebody’s husband that will be sliding into somebody’s dm soon. You need to remove him from your following list and block if possible. Don’t think for one minute he didn’t do that mess on purpose. He wanted you to see that.

What's crazy is that he DOES NOT follow me and I DO NOT follow him. He finds my profile and looks at my stuff.

Thank you for this, though. I'm trifling because a guy I used to date was FaceTiming me over the weekend and I completely forgot about the ex's wedding, so I have no reason to be sad.

The ex knows that I don't really think about him like that, which is why he was looking at my stories. I never took him for the petty type, but you never know with these men. When we dated I mentioned that I was deciding between two cars and ended up with one that was the smaller of the two, don't you know when we broke up he bought the other one that I mentioned and called me like "let's go for a ride" and showed up with the car. :mad: I was so annoyed.

What's crazy is that he DOES NOT follow me and I DO NOT follow him. He finds my profile and looks at my stuff.

Thank you for this, though. I'm trifling because a guy I used to date was FaceTiming me over the weekend and I completely forgot about the ex's wedding, so I have no reason to be sad.

The ex knows that I don't really think about him like that, which is why he was looking at my stories. I never took him for the petty type, but you never know with these men. When we dated I mentioned that I was deciding between two cars and ended up with one that was the smaller of the two, don't you know when we broke up he bought the other one that I mentioned and called me like "let's go for a ride" and showed up with the car. :mad: I was so annoyed.
I have had the car thing happen to me too! Lol it’s amazing that a significant other will secretly compete with you.

:lol: Yes! yessss! I posted something on here maybe two months ago about the same thing. I met three guys who sounded like white women. Just the pronunciation of certain words and stretching of the vowels....nothing wrong with it per se, but still caught me off guard

:lol: Yes! yessss! I posted something on here maybe two months ago about the same thing. I met three guys who sounded like white women. Just the pronunciation of certain words and stretching of the vowels....nothing wrong with it per se, but still caught me off guard

Goodness!! Well, at least I know Im not making it up.

In person, when the say "come here", its like cauum meeere. It is not sexy and all I can do is giggle to myself.

Voices are verrrry important to me. I remember back in my 20's I had a huge crush on some dancer boy. When he finally noticed me after months, homie sounded like Mikey Mouse. That crush was canceled!

I heard that voice from a bm yesterday watching a tv show review. It was a total turn off. He was big with a full beard as well.

I'm feeling really overwhelmed today and a cuddle would do wonders. Since getting the new job last week, its dawned on me im going to have to move again, learn a new industry, make new friends etc and the energy of a reassuring man that i love would be nice right now.

I'm hoping moving to the new region will bring about a new chapter with someone special.

I was thinking about mr x when i wrote this. Although we were long distance he really helped me mentally when i first moved abroad 3 years ago and when i was with him he had a way of making me feel safe and like " I got this". I'm guessing the universe heard coz:

Nobody:
Linkedin via email: Mr x is celebrating 4 years at his job! say congrats!

:whyme:

I was thinking about mr x when i wrote this. Although we were long distance he really helped me mentally when i first moved abroad 3 years ago and when i was with him he had a way of making me feel safe and like " I got this". I'm guessing the universe heard coz:

Nobody:
Linkedin via email: Mr x is celebrating 4 years at his job! say congrats!

:whyme:
Chile mercury in retrograde don't do it, don't do it.

* I have a dating rant:drunk: *

So I decided to get my feet wet again. Someone told me to try coffee meets bagel.
I try it and meet a guy who wanted to go out Saturday, picked a place, asked for my number and everything. Only thing we didn't pick was a definitive time which was to be for brunch. He asked for my number I gave it to him right after that ............radio silence from Friday afternoon to Monday. He went from gung ho to crickets in matter of hours (strange little man someone else can have him) In true fashion on Saturday morning I got up made a smoothie, studied, then went to lunch and shopping with my friend. I have better things to do with my life.

Here come this force ripe piece of man on Monday afternoon stating he left his phone at work all weekend and is just getting back now. Yes I know this happens but my intuition telling me he is lying!!! First off...CMB closes your chat after 1 week and I blocked his behind so I'm like how is he coming back from the dating afterlife to haunt me with his lies:dead: I didn't respond to that I asked how the chat open back up?? He said he didn't do anything it was still there. You can open it back up if you pay and I told him I would not open back a chat for a person who stood me up( I deleted the messages after that he wasting my good 30 seconds i cant get back). I told my sister and she immediately said that bastard is lying . Tuesday afternoon he responds and he said he didn't stand me up :rolleyes:and I delete and block him again for a 2nd time. I think he got the message. Oh and a guy I meet months ago ( I have known him for a couple of years but was in a relationship) texted me asked to meet for drinks, I didn't answer....you just now fixing your hand to text me.

This is the reason why when guys ask why I'm single its because of crap like this :swearing:
I'm sorry that I love myself and will not accept the bull you swing my way, I rather be single because I can't live my life in stress. You would think as guys get older the bull would stop. But it don't. I'm T-I-R-E-D- already.

:thankyou: for letting me vent think I'm done for today :theteam:

TL;DR

I’m single, not desperate. I got my post deleted and almost banned from a subreddit because somehow I’m fat shaming and picked a man to pieces. :look: There seems to be a double standard that a man can show up looking like “I don’t know” to “oh heck no” and that’s ok, and we’re supposed to accept that, but we are the ones who are supposed show up looking like “yes” to being accepted and show up to be claimed and make someone else happy. Why can’t I like what I see across from the table?

I’m not asking for you to lift 2x your weight at the gym, stunt in some Prada’s and front like you don’t like lemon pepper wings with a freeze cup. But I do need effort.

It’s totally ok to be selfish and look for what you want. When you settle for what you don’t want, you wind up with less than you settled for. You want to spend the rest of your life with this person?

Date on ladies.

TL;DR

I’m single, not desperate. I got my post deleted and almost banned from a subreddit because somehow I’m fat shaming and picked a man to pieces. :look: There seems to be a double standard that a man can show up looking like “I don’t know” to “oh heck no” and that’s ok, and we’re supposed to accept that, but we are the ones who are supposed show up looking like “yes” to being accepted and show up to be claimed and make someone else happy. Why can’t I like what I see across from the table?

I’m not asking for you to lift 2x your weight at the gym, stunt in some Prada’s and front like you don’t like lemon pepper wings with a freeze cup. But I do need effort.

It’s totally ok to be selfish and look for what you want. When you settle for what you don’t want, you wind up with less than you settled for. You want to spend the rest of your life with this person?

Date on ladies.
I'm dying to know which sub this was although you probably won't tell... :lol:

Back