Do you only go out in BK?
Nope! I spend a fair amount of time in Harlem. I used to be everywhere but I’m getting old and am more concerned about my savings than the streets. Maybe my feeling will change when the weather is better.

I actually know him from Harlem. We have a long, stupid history. We both live in Bk now. I was annoyed because we actually see each other fairly regularly. I was just salty because he didn’take plans or hit me up for Valentine’s Day but I see him with his ashy, dry head friend in the bar. I kind of get why he didn’t ask me out but it still made me mad.

Last edited:
The good reverend is so stinking cute. Texting ideas for what we should do tomorrow (after service of course) and letting me know he’s excited to see me.

I’ve only been around him twice and we were both with groups each time. I was laughing to myself today because I always leave him abruptly on some Cinderella stuff.

Iono if anything can come of this because I’m not exactly “Christian.” I’m still going to go and have fun. It won’t hurt to have an extra mouth praying for me.

On Friday I met up with a guy at a bar. It wasn't until I received an "I'm on my way" text that I realized its a date. Towards the end he asks again if I wanted anything to eat and we could share, I said I wanted french fries. He has trouble ordering from the tablet so a staff comes over to help. He chooses nachos (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, the place is loud and maybe he didn't hear me) and then makes a comment to the staff to excuse us as we work out how to pay the bill.

giphy.gif

$18. He wants to discuss how to split $18. I told him "I'm not interested in eating". I said to myself this can't be a date and I'm ready to go. I didn't want to be rude so I waited until he finished his food to motion that I'm ready to leave. He wasn't my type before I met up with him and this erased any possibility of there being a chance.

Today he sent a text asking if he could call me. I replied back and said tomorrow. I wish I could ignore him but we're apart of the same volunteer organization.

Yesterday I went out with a guy that I've known for years. The conversation was light and flowed smoothly. There was no discussion about us being a couple, just a couple getting to know each other on a different level. He was very respectful of my space but still engaging. Before the date was over he made several suggestions on things we could do together in the future. As we were departing he gave me a long hug goodbye.

Back