I have a long story if yall wanna hear it:

I wonder what this guy that I used to semi-date is thinking. We were good friends in college and right after we graduated we lived in different states. We "dated" whenever we found ourselves in the same city which was only around holidays etc, but that eventually faded with no issues; we simply went in different directions. From the time we met though, he always called me to say happy birthday and I got used to speaking to him once, maybe twice a year.

One year (maybe 7 years ago) he called me to say happy bday and I was like hey, how have you been? He said "yeah, my divorce is finally done". I was like wtf? You got married and divorced since my last birthday? So he married someone... had a wedding and everything and then filed for divorce 2 months later, talkin bout I didn't love her. I was in my feelings. I wasn't still dating him but I at least thought we were cool enough for him to tell me he was getting married. Any chance of us getting together were over after that, but we remained platonic friends. Every time we’re in the same town we still go out but there’s no affection or anything. It’s just homies chillin. He has even taken me to parties where he has girlfriends and other people he’s dating. All good right? What’s better than a dude taking you out, feeding and spending money on you with no expectations or strings attached? Nothing lol.

One day we were out to dinner and he was telling me about how he loves his bachelor life. He said he never wanted to get married, never wanted kids, just wanted to kick it and date chicks who weren’t too needy. Then he asked me what I wanted. I told him that we would be friends forever because I want everything that he doesn’t want and I don’t have to ever worry about him coming at me the way everyone else does. :)

Fast forward a few years, he starts making big money through real estate and no longer has a day job. So he decided he's just going to play poker. Every time he wins, he sends me a text. Last year he won big in some tournament and texted me "i was thinking about you the whole time." Ummmm okay. :look: Now he just sent me a text from South Africa talking about “Doing more in 19” Ummm okay again, but why are you texting me from capetown? Why aren’t you kickin it with whoever took this picture of you? And if you’re thinking about me like that then where the heck is my ticket? And where the heck is my cut form all the money you won in 18 since you wouldn’t have won if I wasn’t on your mind? IJS

Last edited:
Why are these guys popping back up in text messages.. Leaning back and it seems like the dudes want me to hit them up... Ladies, would you send message like why did you hit me back up or BLOCK numbers...

Why are these guys popping back up in text messages.. Leaning back and it seems like the dudes want me to hit them up... Ladies, would you send message like why did you hit me back up or BLOCK numbers...
I usually block numbers but if i delete and you pop up your liable to get who the who the hec is this??? And then get blocked once I find out who you are.

I wonder what this guy that I used to semi-date is thinking. We were good friends in college and right after we graduated we lived in different states. We "dated" whenever we found ourselves in the same city which was only around holidays etc, but that eventually faded with no issues; we simply went in different directions. From the time we met though, he always called me to say happy birthday and I got used to speaking to him once, maybe twice a year.

One year (maybe 7 years ago) he called me to say happy bday and I was like hey, how have you been? He said "yeah, my divorce is finally done". I was like wtf? You got married and divorced since my last birthday? So he married someone... had a wedding and everything and then filed for divorce 2 months later, talkin bout I didn't love her. I was in my feelings. I wasn't still dating him but I at least thought we were cool enough for him to tell me he was getting married. Any chance of us getting together were over after that, but we remained platonic friends. Every time we’re in the same town we still go out but there’s no affection or anything. It’s just homies chillin. He has even taken me to parties where he has girlfriends and other people he’s dating. All good right? What’s better than a dude taking you out, feeding and spending money on you with no expectations or strings attached? Nothing lol.

One day we were out to dinner and he was telling me about how he loves his bachelor life. He said he never wanted to get married, never wanted kids, just wanted to kick it and date chicks who weren’t too needy. Then he asked me what I wanted. I told him that we would be friends forever because I want everything that he doesn’t want and I don’t have to ever worry about him coming at me the way everyone else does. :)

Fast forward a few years, he starts making big money through real estate and no longer has a day job. So he decided he's just going to play poker. Every time he wins, he sends me a text. Last year he won big in some tournament and texted me "i was thinking about you the whole time." Ummmm okay. :look: Now he just sent me a text from South Africa talking about “Doing more in 19” Ummm okay again, but why are you texting me from capetown? Why aren’t you kickin it with whoever took this picture of you? And if you’re thinking about me like that then where the heck is my ticket? And where the heck is my cut form all the money you won in 18 since you wouldn’t have won if I wasn’t on your mind? IJS
You are the girl that doesn’t expect anything from him. You aren’t chasing him down. So he sees it as a challenge. He thinks telling you about how he is living it up, and winning all of this money is suppose to get you interested.

But let you start catching feelings... smh he will treat you just like the rest.

treat him the way you have been treating him. Don’t ever take him serious. That man already showed you who he is, so don’t question it. Have your fun, keep it moving, and open for what you really want.

The old me would ask.. the new me would block. It’s cold outside, men are bored and scrolling through their phones.
Say THAT! I am correspnding with dudes and realizing why stopped communicating, BLOCKT it is! I want new things for 2019...

RT: As the new year started to approach, I started to make this alliance with self, through prayer and affirmations, like I need something new.... Over time, new things started to transpire, then bam 2-3 guys from past hit me up within a week... My initial thoughts, am I ready to and/or want to visit the past! One of guys I thought about frequently, before 2019, just because he was best suitor of the year 2018/2017. I was thinking about the what if's.. After this weeks communication, about 2 weeks now, I am so over it.... :lachen:

Match.com guy, after going back and forth on app, reveals the number of kids he actually has! Asks location and says he wants to come over! BLOCKT

Others more of same, online is not for me and I am going to be getting out already. :perplexed:

Last edited:

Your stories always crack me up. Thanks for sharing another zinger.

You are the girl that doesn’t expect anything from him. You aren’t chasing him down. So he sees it as a challenge. He thinks telling you about how he is living it up, and winning all of this money is suppose to get you interested.

But let you start catching feelings... smh he will treat you just like the rest.

treat him the way you have been treating him. Don’t ever take him serious. That man already showed you who he is, so don’t question it. Have your fun, keep it moving, and open for what you really want.

So true, guys like this like to be challenged, they like the chase and they like to finally conquer. Once you give in, his interest diminishes.

When youre first exchanging words with someone online and they mention they would love it if you were there with them , that’s a big indicator for me. It’s very telling.

You don’t know anything about me yet you’re wishing that I was in an intimate setting with you based off a hello?

My dood. Either you’re desperate or you jump into everything.

When youre first exchanging words with someone online and they mention they would love it if you were there with them , that’s a big indicator for me. It’s very telling.

You don’t know anything about me yet you’re wishing that I was in an intimate setting with you based off a hello?

My dood. Either you’re desperate or you jump into everything.
We need to get you some sage.

started chatting to a guy who then asks me on a date: concert with drinks. I agree to which he replies " great is it fine for you to get your ticket? I will get mine later today" and sends me the link.

I proceeded to say " just checked the time and likely wont finish work in time but can meet for drinks slightly later or on weds :)"

kinda turned off by that. if you're not gonna front the bill dont suggest the activity - keep it simple.

Back