I don't get them but I wouldn't do them. To me this is along the lines of "What is your [insert social media account]. I just say "I don't feel comfortable sharing that with you." Men walk around thinking they have access to women at all levels of life.

Thank you, it just feels far too intrusive. If you want to see me then we can go on a date and take it from there.

One of my guy friends asked me to lunch last week, and I canceled on him because I just wasn't in the mood for what would come up. We had lunch today, and it was great. Like really great. We shared some really deep and vulnerable things. I've stepped away from church for personal reasons, and he was so understanding and really heard me out. He offered to fast with me (he told me that he will keep offering if I say no :laugh:) and he bought me a new Bible!

My not love life has been so interesting lately LOL!! I've had a hardcore crush on this guy for the past year and a half, but I let it go. I don't know if he likes me or not, but he keeps telling me how important I am to him :spinning:

I just had to say goodbye to a man I’m in love with, but could not be with. Trying to just be his friend was incredibly hard. I’m not into self pity. I’m not. But I’ve been feeling incredibly hopeless lately. It’s the second time I’ve ever felt this way about a man and I just can. Not. Get. A. Break.

I’m distraught. Putting this all in God’s hands and having faith he can help me heal.

I just had to say goodbye to a man I’m in love with, but could not be with. Trying to just be his friend was incredibly hard. I’m not into self pity. I’m not. But I’ve been feeling incredibly hopeless lately. It’s the second time I’ve ever felt this way about a man and I just can. Not. Get. A. Break.

I’m distraught. Putting this all in God’s hands and having faith he can help me heal.

I keep missing out on the love that I don’t think was meant for me. We are never single at the same time. I couldnt go into 2019 with half of what I wanted. I can’t. As much as it hurt me to let him go, I pray and continue to pray , that God sends me what I need.

Hugs @outspokenwallflower

I always think my dating experiences are over the top until I read elsewhere women have the same struggles as I do.

I have associates making less money, expecting less from men , less educated... happily coupled up... on the outside.

girlfriend told me she married her HS sweetheart but umm he cheated on his first wife with you when you were 16 and during your whole marriage yawl have cheated mentally and emotionally on each other. Yes, you're married, have property, raising your two children together and HIS BUT deep down inside, yall aint happy. Is that what marriage is??

Then you look at me and tell me to ACCEPT a piece of man because its better than any man and all men cheat anyways.

SIGH!!!

@LushLox I got so scared reading that text, I stared clutching pearls I don't have. You need to show him that you really want him but submitting to his requests . . .

giphy.gif

@LushLox Sheesh, he is crazy.
are these men you are meeting online? Have you tried some of the sites where quality might be slightly better, like Match, eharmony, Bumble, etc.?

I'm going to give online dating a break. I'm tired of men turning into something different after a few exchanges. Yes there is that risk with any man you come across but the odds seem higher somehow with online dating.

My acupuncturist whom I see monthly for years now is always asking about my dating life at my appointments. :lol: Not offended at all when he asked since I have ran my mouth about my dating saga whenever I see him for years (he's turned into a therapist :lol:)

Anyway he asked yesterday and I realized I haven't given that part of my life any attention. No dating apps, no swiping left or right, no occasional texting, no go out to Meetups or events to meet men organically. :look: Guess I am on a real break for the first time ever. And I'm ok with that. For now. :lol:

My acupuncturist whom I see monthly for years now is always asking about my dating life at my appointments. :lol: Not offended at all when he asked since I have ran my mouth about my dating saga whenever I see him for years (he's turned into a therapist :lol:)

Anyway he asked yesterday and I realized I haven't given that part of my life any attention. No dating apps, no swiping left or right, no occasional texting, no go out to Meetups or events to meet men organically. :look: Guess I am on a real break for the first time ever. And I'm ok with that. For now. :lol:
Me too i'm on a break, cleared out old messages and phones numbers plus i deleted all dating apps.
Not worth my energy at all. Just focusing on school. If your behind is not macro or mirco economics I'm not studying you. When it gets nicer and my degree is coming to an end I will get back on the dating horse, but not online. Online is not worth my time and feel like the worst of the worst is online.

He referred to himself as a blerd (blk nerd). Ok :cool:
I can't stand this word. Just say you're a freaking nerd. We can already see you're black :rolleyes:
"Knoebody"

Somebody actually spelt "nobody" like that! :lol: Shame because he was hot, but nah that kind of denseness is too much.
Ugh. Can't even blame this on spell check because it had to have started with a k :lol: And the fact that he didn't change it means he doesn't know any better or he uses it so much it auto corrected to it :spinning:

Me too i'm on a break, cleared out old messages and phones numbers plus i deleted all dating apps.
Not worth my energy at all. Just focusing on school. If your behind is not macro or mirco economics I'm not studying you. When it gets nicer and my degree is coming to an end I will get back on the dating horse, but not online. Online is not worth my time and feel like the worst of the worst is online.
I dig you!

Back