Upon asking a guy the simple question, "why are you single"

"I'm single because the explosion of dating apps has killed romance.

Ten years ago, having a relationship was easy, and normal. Now....

I've been single for nearly 6 years... I can't remember what intimacy feels like. I'm good-looking, funny, fit etc... No woman is coming off a dating site for any man...

Welcome to 2019, a world of people who will always be alone. As a man, rejection is just the way it is.."

I wish I hadn't bothered :lol:

We stayed up late last night talking, and it was so good. We've been close friends for years, and I have been a *fill in the blank* to him quite a few times. We talked about that, the feelings he went through and how we got here. I said that I was a mess, and he said, "I know. I have a soft spot for you" :laugh: . It so freeing to not have to duck and dodge, and keep up a facade.

I've been single for nearly 6 years... I can't remember what intimacy feels like. I'm good-looking, funny, fit etc... No woman is coming off a dating site for any man...

Welcome to 2019, a world of people who will always be alone. As a man, rejection is just the way it is.."

I feel like somehow that was a lie from the pit of hell and script that he has written up so he can copy and paste in reaction to question.

My date stood me up today. Another one blocked.

He is a dummyo_O damn force ripe men.
That's why I don't make a move until you let me know your breathing on the day of date.

Wait what?! Its like he talked you and himself out of ANYTHING possibly jumping off... Lol... :perplexed:

I feel like somehow that was a lie from the pit of hell and script that he has written up so he can copy and paste in reaction to question.

He is a dummyo_O damn force ripe men.
That's why I don't make a move until you let me know your breathing on the day of date.
Wait what?! Its like he talked you and himself out of ANYTHING possibly jumping off... Lol... :perplexed:

He sounds like a typical bitter “nice guy.”

He’ll never find someone with that negative attitude.

Dang, it sounds like these dating stories are getting worse and worse. I’m beginning to question if I’ll ever get back out there.
I’m not getting back out there. My time is valuable! I don’t have an ounce of time to entertain a man. All I get is 24 hours a day and I have children.
There is nothing wrong with having the desire to be connected to someone romantically, but with all of the things I want to do now, having a relationship doesn’t fit into that.

As soon as I hear what your job is I lose all interest.

Potential is nice but umm er, sir What can I do with Panera???

I do love their soup though. My oldest son makes more money than you..... ( I feel petty)

I'm really not into this online dating. Lemme stop talking to these weird people. o_O
Panera? Is he in college? Is that his part time job to pay off his car faster? Is he trying to become a franchise owner?

It should be fun why are you nervous?

Try not to let your nerves get the better of you. As LovingLady said it should be a fun experience.

Hopefully you aren't doing anything too heavy (like dinner) as personally I always find that difficult with first dates.

Hope you have a great time :)

Thanks ladies. The nerves faded after about 10 minutes. The convo was effortless and we have a lot in common. However, I wasn't too thrilled about his style (kinda plain). I feel bad for judging that but everything else is cool so far.

He referred to himself as a blerd (blk nerd). Ok :cool:

Back