I refuse to join bumble because of the whole feminist thing. Hustling backwards. Too much energy. Also, from lurking on reddit, bumble is an excuse for *certain* men who don’t have luck with women to have luck with women and give them a boost by having the women come to them. Between the founder and the men, the app turned me off.

I haven't read what they say on reddit, but with Bumble, the men still do the chasing/choosing, anyway. After a match and the initial conversation, the men take the lead like normal. Some swipe right on everyone, and then immediately unmatch with the women they don't like. It's a game to them. The main benefit for women is not getting a bunch of annoying, gross messages from unwanted men.

I haven't read what they say on reddit, but with Bumble, the men still do the chasing/choosing, anyway. After a match and the initial conversation, the men take the lead like normal. Some swipe right on everyone, and then immediately unmatch with the women they don't like. It's a game to them. The main benefit for women is not getting a bunch of annoying, gross messages from unwanted men.

I know they do the choosing but from what they’ve said and I’ve read, the woman has to initiate contact. I guess that’s my gripe with it. Like, irl, if a man shows he’s interested and you are too and approach, how does that work? Like I said, “certain” men, but from experience :look: I don’t want to :look:

The man I trusted broke my heart again, so I signed up for OKC. :lachen:

This man discloses he has a 3 year old. His profile says no kids. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

No thanks. #No kids ‘19

Then that’s his problem. If you say you don’t have any, then wanna drop in you have one or more, that’s grounds for “see ya, wouldn’t want to be ya”. And if having kids is no big deal, they wouldn’t feel the need to hide this info, want to get to know you by being nice and sweet and then acting fake hurt when they drop little bombs and not expect it to explode. They know what they are doing.

As another poster said, there are women willing to date them. Go find them and stop blaming your problem on “Black Women” who simply refuse to have a standard and stick with it.

PS: Not on a soap box :lachen:

So Mr Intense is jealous, and I mean really jealous. I’ve been talking to him since Monday, not even a week but he seems to want my complete and undivided attention.

We had quite a long call this morning and after I wished him a good day on WhatsApp and he responded. He saw that I was online and he said, “I see you’re online and chatting away” (I wasn’t actually but that is beside the point). But I mean are you serious? Does he think I’m going to stop talking to other people? I told him how ridiculous he was being and he apologised and said he just wants my attention.

But it’s more than that.

It’s a shame I really liked him but it’s too much, if he’s like this now and we haven’t even met what’s he going to be like if we’re in a relationship?

It’s so tiring ....

LushLox, this sounds a little scary. If he's already acting like this and tiring you out and it hasn't even been a week of talking to him... maybe you should back out.

^^^Not maybe. @LushLox I've seen this type of crazy before. Run:cowgirl::auto::roadrunner: and block. Please say he does not have ANY of your personal info?

He is not ready for a healthy relationship.

I should have read the warning signals a bit better; single for 8 years, admittedly he was ill during some of that time but prior to that he had difficult unhealthy previous relationships. He made it sound like the women were all to blame but you have to remember that there are always two sides to every story.

He was intense from the start of the communication exchange when I think about it lol. When he said that he removed his pics he expected me to do the same and was upset when I didn't. He also went on POF just to see if I was online, and then got upset once again when he saw me there. I mean it's just crazy lol.

He told his family about me, his mother, cousin and uncle plus he apparently has my picture on his phone as a screensaver. [I only found this bit out yesterday].

No I didn't give him my proper phone number; he doesn't know anything about me (well not personal info), I didn't even give him my real name fortunately.

Another crazy bites the dust lol.

Last edited:
I should have read the warning signals a bit better; single for 8 years, admittedly he was ill during some of that time but prior to that he had difficult unhealthy previous relationships. He made it sound like the women were all to blame but you have to remember that there are always two sides to every story.

He was intense from the start of the communication exchange when I think about it lol. When he said that he removed his pics he expected me to do the same and was upset when I didn't. He also went on POF just to see if I was online, and then got upset once again when he saw me there. I mean it's just crazy lol.

He told his family about me, his mother, cousin and uncle plus he apparently has my picture on his phone as a screensaver. [I only found this bit out yesterday].

No I didn't give him my proper phone number; he doesn't know anything about me (well not personal info), I didn't even give him my real name fortunately.

Another crazy bites the dust lol.

Yikes. He sounds scary. Please watch your back because I suspect he won't go away quietly.

Man, I haven’t been in here for a long time so I had to play catch up. My neighbors inspired me to come here after their Ike and Tina performance.

So I was flirting with this little cutie at my job and the :censored: got 7 kids:lachen:

Another cute guy that works at my job..well I just found out that I know his child’s mother in a roundabout way.

This tew much and that’s why I don’t date people at my job. I just flirt with them :angeldevil:

Man, I haven’t been in here for a long time so I had to play catch up. My neighbors inspired me to come here after their Ike and Tina performance.

So I was flirting with this little cutie at my job and the :censored: got 7 kids:lachen:

Another cute guy that works at my job..well I just found out that I know his child’s mother in a roundabout way.

This tew much and that’s why I don’t date people at my job. I just flirt with them :angeldevil:
:dead: :nono:

@LushLox

I am so glad you did not give him any traceable info.

Be clear you are not interested and do not engage at all.

This type of attention is not fun or flattering.

Out of curiosity tho: What kind of illness did he claim to have?

He had prostate cancer.

I had one more conversation with him before I blocked him (yeah I know, I know) here are some of the more bizarre comments.

Responding to the fact that I went out to a club the night before:-

Me: So are you saying that you don’t like me going out with my friends
Him: I don’t know your friends. I don’t want you to be in a situation where you get approached by men.

Him: I blocked you on POF because I don’t want to see you online, it kills me
I don’t want you on POF, I want your undivided attention. I would delete my account just for you.

Him: I know we just started talking but you put a spell on me.
As crazy as it sounds I’m starting to fall in love with you.

Added to the fact that he gets upset when he sees I’m online on WhatsApp if I’m not talking to him. And he wonders why he’s been single for 8 years smh.

Yeah he’s dangerous, I’ve blocked him now, but I don’t think that will be the last I hear of him.

Last edited:
This man who I’ve been curving for months just asked me for my cash app.

Let’s see how this goes.

He asked to see my arse. That’s what I get for wanting something for nothin. I obviously said no and he sent me a dollar. Lmao.

I’m in here, cleaning my apt and listening to gospel. And here come this devil. I can’t make this ish up.

Last edited:
He had prostate cancer.

I had one more conversation with him before I blocked him (yeah I know, I know) here are some of the more bizarre comments.

Him: I don’t know your friends. I don’t want you to be in a situation where you get approached by men.

I don’t want you on POF, I want your undivided attention. I would delete my account just for you.

Added to the fact that he gets upset when he sees I’m online on WhatsApp if I’m not talking to him. And he wonders why he’s been single for 8 years smh.

Yeah he’s dangerous, I’ve blocked him now, but I don’t think that will be the last I hear of him.
In the words of Martin “crazy, deranged”

I clicked on the wrong thread.
Well. First date of 2019. :lachen:

1. He looked older than his pictures. It wasn’t far off but he definitely isn’t 33
  2. He had a mass sticking out on the side of his neck. He didn’t try and hide it but he didn’t try and explain either.
  3. He’s an obvious smoker who lied when I asked him initially if he smoked. I had to break out my inhaler. Seriously, I almost had an asthma attack and was ready to walk out. That’s how strong the scent was.
  4. Dinner was nice :look:

CJ and I eventually met up. It wasn't a bad experience but I could tell he's not ready (mentally and emotionally) to be in a relationship. I've placed him in the friend zone.

I received a text from Ed earlier in the week. I have to let him know when we could get together . . . for some reason I'm not in a rush to meet with him.

John texted me this morning with a super sweet message. He wants to meet up as soon as he's back in town. Based on my schedule this might be towards the end of the month. Not is a rush to see him either . . . to be honest a kind of forgot about him.

He had prostate cancer.

oh lawd...you met him on POF.
You could've found a more normal guy at walmart. I don't mess with that site lol

oh lawd...you met him on POF.
You could've found a more normal guy at walmart. I don't mess with that site lol
I met one on of my ex's working at bubba gumps. He was the craziest **** I ever came across and that was in real life.
The only thing is he tried to hit me once and then he saw what crazy really was. Plus my friends was waiting for him to make a move. I look quiet I'm not, and I have crazier friends and fam waiting on you with a cutlass.... we West Indian crazy over here so don't even try it. I didn't tell my brother until years later cause he would have probably killed the idiot. Crazy people exist on and off line. This happened when I was 24 and I'm now 39, I sniff out crazy like a bloodhound early on.

Indeed, I’ve had better luck on tinder and that’s primarily a hook up site.
POF is with out a doubt were the creepiest creeps are. I got stories for days. This site full of force ripe men. And when a guy gets intense so fast, or wants me to give them my all so fast, you got 2 choices. I'm going to carry on dating several people and let it burn a hole in your soul or I'm gonna block and still do it. Either way I don't care. We are on a dating website so I'm pretty sure your approaching are being approacehed by other women. That's not a problem. It becomes a problem if we decide to become exclusive and you or I are still talking to other people.

Whenever a guy asks for my WhatsApp details it’s going to be on the understanding that I won’t be sending any more pictures.

I have 8 pictures up, be happy with it or move on....
Please........take me on date so you can see what I look like in real life you don't need my picture gallery, that crap is annoying.
Pictures tell a lie sometimes.......I know i went on date once where the guy looked about 15 years older than his pic.

Back