FWB seems to get irritated when I don't give more than just the intimacy eg phone calls, text messages and the going out. Then complains when other women have got too attached to him in the past. I've told him point blank that is not going to be happening with me.

I'm not sure whether he appreciated that; he probably loves women falling in love with him secretly lol.

I literally don't leave the house in attempt to avoid anything with a Y chromosome and yet....

Ugh. I don't even know how to tell this story. I guess I got two new neighbors around last year (best friends), one I had a crush on but he had a gf. He broke up with his gf, so with me being so suave and debonair, the only sensible thing to do was get stupid drunk and smash his homie instead.

He (the one I had at one point had a crush on) came over and gave me a belated Christmas present today.

I suck, so much.

Thank you Lady. :) Yes, that's me. :) I'm a little older, but still look pretty much the same. :lachen:

Ion know . . .I used to do temp work on Wall Street and never got hollered at. :lachen: You know who loves to holler at me . . .airplane cleaners and hotel workers (the ones who put out the beach chairs :look: ). No shade towards them, but they're not my target income demographic. :look: :D
Thanks again for the compliment. :)
These men are trying to level up. I had a man that picks up trash for a parking lot tell he at least I knew he had a job. :look:

1. The way he treats me, I would guess yes.
2. He has a decent job and the ability to make more money but he is a creative soo that’s a money drain.

Edited because I talk too much.
Your post reminded me that the men you (general) have the most carefree fun with are the ones that are typically broke. I initially wonder if you could nudge him in the direction to make more money but then I remembered a women is not suppose to motivate a man, she helps a motivated man. Sorry for prying.

These men are trying to level up. I had a man that picks up trash for a parking lot tell he at least I knew he had a job. :look:

Chile, I won't even tell you about the 60-something year old man who appeared to be missing his upper teeth :look: who said he was going to steal me from my "husband" (that I said I had :look:) because he "gets what he wants" . . .wait, I guess i just did. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

It will be fine. Was the sex good? Did you practice safe sex? If yes, I wouldn't worry about the rest
I would tell ol boy thanks for the gift, shrug. You don't owe anyone anything in this situation. I would continue with business as usual. You don't suck.

I literally don't leave the house in attempt to avoid anything with a Y chromosome and yet....

Ugh. I don't even know how to tell this story. I guess I got two new neighbors around last year (best friends), one I had a crush on but he had a gf. He broke up with his gf, so with me being so suave and debonair, the only sensible thing to do was get stupid drunk and smash his homie instead.

He (the one I had at one point had a crush on) came over and gave me a belated Christmas present today.

I suck, so much.

FWB seems to get irritated when I don't give more than just the intimacy eg phone calls, text messages and the going out. Then complains when other women have got too attached to him in the past. I've told him point blank that is not going to be happening with me.

I'm not sure whether he appreciated that; he probably loves women falling in love with him secretly lol.

I believe their ego wants you to fall in love with them. I told one dude that it wasn't ever going to happen. He would do things to try and get a rise out of me . I would just disappear till he got over himself.

So I’m talking to a Nigerian man. He’s only been in the USA for 3 years. I think he’s here on a work visa. He claims that he has a PHD in engineering back home. However, he works in a warehouse in the US.

He wanted me to download the “WhatsApp”. Im like why if you live in the state as me?!?!

Overall nice guy, but I need him to be a citizen and get a better paying job.

I believe their ego wants you to fall in love with them. I told one dude that it wasn't ever going to happen. He would do things to try and get a rise out of me . I would just disappear till he got over himself.

Definitely, I saw him last night and I just gently reminded him that he’ll get no drama from me, no demands none of that. He commented that he isn’t used to it, he is used to the attachments and dealing with the fallout. The problem with him is he tries to treat FWB arrangements as he does a partner situation, with the texting and phone calls and going out. I’ll always be perfectly pleasant and say hello and engage in light conversation but that’s it.

But I keep him at a distance and detached, that is the way you deal with FWB.

So I’m talking to a Nigerian man. He’s only been in the USA for 3 years. I think he’s here on a work visa. He claims that he has a PHD in engineering back home. However, he works in a warehouse in the US.

He wanted me to download the “WhatsApp”. Im like why if you live in the state as me?!?!

Overall nice guy, but I need him to be a citizen and get a better paying job.
A PhD “back home” is a PhD anywhere in the world tho? I’d think long and hard about this one, especially a very recently immigrated Nigerian. :lol:

Definitely, I saw him last night and I just gently reminded him that he’ll get no drama from me, no demands none of that. He commented that he isn’t used to it, he is used to the attachments and dealing with the fallout. The problem with him is he tries to treat FWB arrangements as he does a partner situation, with the texting and phone calls and going out. I’ll always be perfectly pleasant and say hello and engage in light conversation but that’s it.

But I keep him at a distance and detached, that is the way you deal with FWB.
So he treats women like they are in a relationship, and then gets mad when they become attached :rolleyes: I hate men like this, they want all the benefits of an actual relationship with no commitment. It’s borderline emotionally abusive IMO

Anywho, I have experienced the same challenge with a FWB or two. They expect...or want...me to develop feelings for them, but I don’t :look: then I’m called cold-hearted. I have a pretty clear understanding of the qualities I want in a partner, and if I’ve chosen you as a FWB, chances are you don’t meet them, and I’ve developed the ability to keep an emotional distance. I also am intentional about not doing relationship things with these guys.

So he treats women like they are in a relationship, and then gets mad when they become attached :rolleyes: I hate men like this, they want all the benefits of an actual relationship with no commitment. It’s borderline emotionally abusive IMO

Anywho, I have experienced the same challenge with a FWB or two. They expect...or want...me to develop feelings for them, but I don’t :look: then I’m called cold-hearted. I have a pretty clear understanding of the qualities I want in a partner, and if I’ve chosen you as a FWB, chances are you don’t meet them, and I’ve developed the ability to keep an emotional distance. I also am intentional about not doing relationship things with these guys.

I couldn't agree more. I too have developed the ability to keep my distance - I never thought I would be able to but it's not as difficult as I thought.

I've told him that I'm keeping him around until I find proper relationship material. It's so funny watching his reactions though because I give it to him straight with no chaser. He is very handsome and uhhh accomplished, so it's easy to see why women would fall for him. The other problem with him is the p is entirely too small anyway, but he makes up for it in other ways lol. :look:

I couldn't agree more. I too have developed the ability to keep my distance - I never thought I would be able to but it's not as difficult as I thought.

I've told him that I'm keeping him around until I find proper relationship material. It's so funny watching his reactions though because I give it to him straight with no chaser. He is very handsome and uhhh accomplished, so it's easy to see why women would fall for him. The other problem with him is the p is entirely too small anyway, but he makes up for it in other ways lol. :look:
:rofl:

Bless his heart.

Same re: didn’t think you’d be able to keep emotional distance. I also thought it wasn’t possible for me, but it is much easier than I expected. For me the shift happened when I stopped desiring male validation (took me a while to get here).

Back