I’ve been talking to a guy on pof, great sounding guy, hardworking, attractive, intelligent but my god the guy is so intense.

We chatted quite a lot through pof and then we had a phone chat through the pof call facility. By the end of the call he removed his pictures because he wants to show me how serious he is. I didn’t want or ask him to do that, but now he’s going to expect me to do the same. But I’m not, I don’t put all of my eggs in one basket where online dating is concerned. I doubt he’ll understand that though.

Our next conversation is going to be interesting.

NYE was a lil crazy.

I was supposed to be on a list to get in for free because I don’t believe in paying for anything anymore. I wasn’t so my friend sent the organizer to come get me at the door. I’ve met him before so when I saw him come over I waved. He hugged me and then his phone rang. He started looking around and I realized it was my friend on the phone and he was looking for me. I was like dang, I got the juice. I met him once a year ago and he was ready to let me slide in for free just for showing up. He even asked me if I was waiting for anyone else. If I had known I would have gotten my crew together.

When I walk in the first person I see is my trainer. He’s cool but last night made it obvious that he likes me.

Rev Run came right around the time that I did. That man is something else. He took my plate when I was done eating, he got me a drink every time he got himself one. He was serving me all night which was nice but awkward because we were both there with friends. That and I literally just met him on Wednesday.

One of my baes was performing so he was there too. I introduced them all to each other. They are all pretty cool so it wasn’t a big deal but I felt like Nola Darling and not in a good way.

My homegirl came through and I do not know what I would have done if she hadn’t. At certain points they were all kind of crowding me and I had to ignore them because otherwise it would have been overwhelming.

It could have been a hot mess but I had a great time. None of these dudes are even close to being my man so I didn’t let the situation get to me.

I purged my phone of unwanted men and I even let go of a FWB that just wasn't working for me anymore. Going into 2019 with the cleanest man slate ever and I'm OK with that. :yep:

Here's to a new year having fun dating and finding quality prospects!

giphy.gif

I thought that I knew what I was doing, but I'm not so sure anymore :cry3:. Instant gratification is my kryptonite. My friend maybe holding out on me in certain ways because he knows what my dream life is, and he won't be able to give it to me. It may also be because I have up and left (distancing myself emotionally, dating other people, not speaking to him at all) multiple times. He's forgiven me but he's not stupid.

I had phone convos with 2 guys from bumble and they both sound overly feminine to me. The first one even said he spoke with another woman who mentioned that he sounded gay and he got offended :look: The other one even made lip smacking noises. Nah. Abort abort abort
I refuse to join bumble because of the whole feminist thing. Hustling backwards. Too much energy. Also, from lurking on reddit, bumble is an excuse for *certain* men who don’t have luck with women to have luck with women and give them a boost by having the women come to them. Between the founder and the men, the app turned me off.

It took another guy to knock the rose colored glasses right off my face SMH!! Of course he's the one I've had a crush on for the past year and could actually have a future with. Did a pro/con list and the pro side is real short.

So this is guy Ive been seeing he comes to me with any personal matters were early in the relationship and most guys have dont really bring any personal matters they are having even further along in the relationship. But him he lets it be known to me. He had car troubles and he called me to pick him up so he can get to work ...his car is fine now. He even asked me to schedule his dentist appointment :look: . Or if he's being challenged at work he'll text me how he's feeling. And he still has his masculine energy when doing this. But for some reason all this is forming a bond for me that I seemed to lack with guys before.

Last edited:
So this is guy Ive been seeing he comes to me with any personal matters were early in the relationship and most guys have dont really bring any personal matters they are having even further along in the relationship. But him he lets it be known to me. He had car troubles and he called me to pick him up so he can get to work ...his car is fine now. He even asked me to schedule his dentist appointment :look: . Or if he's being challenged at work he'll text me how he's feeling. But for some reason this is forming a bond for me that I seemed to lack with guys before.

He's looking for an assistant not a partner.

If you were further along in your relationship, that behaviour may be deemed as acceptable but if you're still in the getting to know each other phase then he's taking liberties. Probably trying to test you to see what he can get away with.

Put him in his place.

If you were further along in your relationship, that behaviour may be deemed as acceptable but if you're still in the getting to know each other phase then he's taking liberties. Probably trying to test you to see what he can get away with.

Put him in his place.

Thanks for this. He's Nigerian by the way and his excuse is its his "culture."

Put him in his place.
Thanks for this. He's Nigerian by the way and his excuse is its his "culture."

Or wife without the effort.

View attachment 440913 View attachment 440915 The man I trusted broke my heart again, so I signed up for OKC. :lachen:

This man discloses he has a 3 year old. His profile says no kids. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

No thanks. #No kids ‘19

This happens often so I usually ask them do they have kids and if so how many.
I had one person that did the same then turned around and said he didn't date anyone who had kids, but you have a kid so how does that work?
For some it's a deal breaker, If so then move on it's not that serious.
That dude sounds salty as hell how are you telling me what I should check on and off my list it's my list.
He should also proof read before he texted that or maybe I should drink more coffee either way not love lost.

Feeling myself post: I have dated some fineeeeeeeeeee men daaammmn!
:badgirl:
Some straight 10's! I am belly laughing to myself right now just running through their faces. I've got really good taste!

I'm still annoyed that I didn't go aall the way with the one that looked like jason momoa.

I think I'm ovulating.

Hoe post complete.

View attachment 440913 View attachment 440915 The man I trusted broke my heart again, so I signed up for OKC. :lachen:

This man discloses he has a 3 year old. His profile says no kids. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

No thanks. #No kids ‘19
"Men get punished for being fathers" :violin:Sir there are plenty of other women that will date you, esp women who also have kids.

One of the feminine-voiced guys I spoke about earlier, he casually mentioned he just dropped off his son and I was like oh you have a kid? He tried to play it off and make it seem like I was aware and just forgot about it. Nope...not on your profile nor did you tell me. A few minutes later he says "Full disclosure, I have 3 kids" 3 kids by 3 different women. Then he goes off on a rant about how women go ghost after they learn he has 3 kids. Ah well

Back