Do you feel safe meeting up after literally one conversation?

Do men really ask that of women? Maybe Im dating myself but Umm, Im not meeting you after 5 minute conversation typing.

totally random but maybe not. Back in like 2005, I spoke to someone on the phone after e-knowing them for years online ( AOL chatrooms) and I hung the phone up so fast. He sounded like he murdered people in his spare time. The creepiest voice ever.
This is funny, but not funny. Glad you didn’t ignore your spidey senses.

Hell NO, we’ll be talking for a while first before I even consider it.

The guys that ask for your WhatsApp details after five minutes make me laugh then they go all silent when you say no lol.

Speaking of meeting I have a coffee date this afternoon so will see how that goes.

No, just no. The guy looked totally different to his profile pic. Then talking about “you looked disappointed.” Well duh. He sent me about 20 sad messages afterwards lol *sigh*

Hell NO, we’ll be talking for a while first before I even consider it.

The guys that ask for your WhatsApp details after five minutes make me laugh then they go all silent when you say no lol.

Speaking of meeting I have a coffee date this afternoon so will see how that goes.

I don’t get this.
The only way I know how to give out my Whats App is by giving out my number, and if that’s the csse then why not just ask me for my number?

Am I missing something?

Well I do that too but not to the guys who ask almost immediately after you start talking. Some of them ask before they’ve even told you their name lol, I’m not into it.
I get that but isn’t the only way to get someone’s WA is by having their number?

It just sounds like a slick way of getting someone’s number, which sounds so dumb to me.

This guy just gets worse. I casually mentioned that I was watching Greenleaf on Netflix, I didn't recommend it, or give a review or anything just that I was watching it. He replied that he didn't have Netflix. Imagine my surprise the next day when he says he not only looked up Greenleaf (okay not so bad I guess) but then he actually gets Netflix now so he can watch Greenleaf just like me.

The behaviour is just weird. I'm morbidly fascinated about what he's going to do or say next. But maybe I'm being mean, I should probably just do the right thing and either block the guy or tell him bye as he seems to be getting his hopes up that we're going to meet and get married or something.

Red flag.

When I read your first post the first thing that came to mind was the book "How to Spot a Dangerous Man Before You Get Involved" by Sandra Brown. There was a book club thread we did here a couple of years ago (I couldn't find it). I had to pull up the book on my Kindle to find out which one he was. He is an emotional predator (discussed in Ch 10). They are chameleons and try to be what you want them to be. They are charming and are good at reading/finding women who are vulnerable (it could be boredom, loneliness, needy, emotionally wounded). Because there are some women who would love that their man likes everything that they do. Makes things easy right? :nono:

Not to say that you have any of any of those vulnerabilities OP but you being weirded out by his behavior early on is good!! It is your internal clock telling you to run.

ETA: I see you blocked him. Thank goodness and good riddance!

I went out the other night, holiday party. I looked like a meal. While there this guy tries to holla. I'm not really paying attention until he stated that "he wasn't trying to be my man" ... I took a good look at him and this man was missing his front teeth. He had on normal going out attire and no damn teeth. I was taken aback and mad. You out here buying drinks in the party but not teeth!? You really trying too holla with no teeth!?
I picked up and walked away as he was talking. I was so mad. My friend says maybe he was waiting on his teeth. I said he should of waited at home!

I went out the other night, holiday party. I looked like a meal. While there this guy tries to holla. I'm not really paying attention until he stated that "he wasn't trying to be my man" ... I took a good look at him and this man was missing his front teeth. He had on normal going out attire and no damn teeth. I was taken aback and mad. You out here buying drinks in the party but not teeth!? You really trying too holla with no teeth!?
I picked up and walked away as he was talking. I was so mad. My friend says maybe he was waiting on his teeth. I said he should of waited at home!

:rofl::rofl:

Girl, that man was a catch. How could you let him go? He could've been the one, you could help him find a dental plan and get some new teef. Shame on you. How could you miss out on that free drink?

I agree :lachen:.

I can picture the lisp and spitting at you right now. :cry3:

:dighole:

I don't like making anyone go out of the way to help me, however I keep hearing my married GFs voice in my head. If that man offers to go out of his way to do something , LET him!

It may seem old fashioned but men want to feel needed. I struggle with that.

I'm sick. He offered to bring me whatever I needed after he got off work which is in the total opposite of where he lives. :look:

I don't like making anyone go out of the way to help me, however I keep hearing my married GFs voice in my head. If that man offers to go out of his way to do something , LET him!

It may seem old fashioned but men want to feel needed. I struggle with that.

I'm sick. He offered to bring me whatever I needed after he got off work which is in the total opposite of where he lives. :look:
Get you some soup and some drugs and say thank you :look:

It was my first weekend in BK and it was pretty dope. I hope it’s not just beginners luck. I was walking from one event to another last night and I hear someone call my name. It was a lil cutie who I met through his cousin (she and I don’t speak anymore.) His eyes nearly popped out his head when he asked me what I was doing in BK and I told him I moved here the day before.

I went on a date with an ig boo today. We had lunch and went to the Met. It was good old fashioned fun.

Dealing with him made me realize how raggedy most other dudes are. He contacts me regularly without overdoing it. He isn’t playing games and makes it clear that he is interested in seriously dating me. It’s like wow, this is how it feels when a man puts in consistent effort.

Instagram has been the BEST app when it comes to dating. I just have to post a decent picture every once in a while.
As far as IG being good for dating..... how does that work? Please share.

As far as IG being good for dating..... how does that work? Please share.

Just post cute pics in stories and the feed. The dm’s will come.

I’ve made friends this way too. Not necessarily from cute pics just by being responsive and commenting lil things on folks I find interesting.

I really only do this with people who I have mutual connections with. A lot of the times I run into them in person and that’s always fun.

giphy.gif

Hi ladies I hope you don't mind me joining. I'm gaining a lot of male attention recently and I want to share it with you ladies. A few guys that have expressed interest in taking me out but no concrete plans have been made by any of them. I am currently on vacation and (JC) want to meet up because we are both in town. I'll tell you about the reset of them as they become more present.

Just post cute pics in stories and the feed. The dm’s will come.

I’ve made friends this way too. Not necessarily from cute pics just by being responsive and commenting lil things on folks I find interesting.

I really only do this with people who I have mutual connections with. A lot of the times I run into them in person and that’s always fun.
My page is private because I had a lot of odd people trying to follow me.

I don't understand tinder and OKC. They have a would like to meet/date system based on pictures; that being the case why I am still seeing the same busted faces again and again? Admittedly this happens more on OKC. But I've rejected the dude once I don't need to keep seeing his face again!

I don't understand tinder and OKC. They have a would like to meet/date system based on pictures; that being the case why I am still seeing the same busted faces again and again? Admittedly this happens more on OKC. But I've rejected the dude once I don't need to keep seeing his face again!
Have you tried the paid sites? I've heard people get better result from them.

Have you tried the paid sites? I've heard people get better result from them.
This is just my opinion, but the paid sites are no better. I have been on match.com but still had OKC and POF open and i just got rid of the match. Its the same people doing the same mess. I did e-harmony for a few and that was interesting. I'm about 5'10" and there were literally no tall people. 3 months dry city....nothing. OKC sends you a loop of the same people, not sure what happens when you pay. POF if you reject someone or block them, they can message you again in couple of weeks. Bumble and Tinder were weird, you would match with people but the guys never said anything 9 times out of 10. I'm almost convinced online dating is not where I want to be right now all it yields is bull. I got several stories and none of them end good.

Back