I meant to ask yesterday. How do you ladies feel about men wanting to meet you after roughly a day or few hours of [text] conversation? It kinda raises a flag for me.

I'm very much like this. When I meet them fairly quickly, it's easy for me to walk away without feeling bad. It's usually spontaneous and I have little to no expectations. When I spend time getting to know them for weeks, then meet and there's no chemistry, I feel like I've wasted my time and then feel bad because I now have to continue talking to them out of guilt.

With that said, be cautious and go with whatever makes you comfortable.

Why does a person feel that they need to know if you’re “dating” or if their even being “considered” if you’ve expressed many times to that person their actions don’t meet up with their words “I want you”? It’s funny: when you don’t press an issue, the issue begins to get pressed.

I read that if you are thinking about a person and distract yourself to lessen thinking about them for 10 days, it will help you to push them out of your mind. Tomorrow is day 10 and I hate to say it worked for me.

I have had this convo with Mr "I want a future with you" . Your actions don't match your words. He wants relationship treatment with minimal to no effort. I will allow him to wine and dine me but I am not getting caught up in his mess.
I am not interested in having circular conversations that define what we are doing. We are dating. Nothing more nothing less.

I'm very much like this. When I meet them fairly quickly, it's easy for me to walk away without feeling bad. It's usually spontaneous and I have little to no expectations. When I spend time getting to know them for weeks, then meet and there's no chemistry, I feel like I've wasted my time and then feel bad because I now have to continue talking to them out of guilt.

With that said, be cautious and go with whatever makes you comfortable.

Thank you. I feel the exact same way.

DMV ladies, which one of yall wants to sign up for WaPo date lab?? These things are pitiful...
I want to know how they match these couples. What about her says "Beyonce-type", and I'm not talking about just looks?
---

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...65d92a3585d_story.html?utm_term=.8714ce4b7186

His first reaction to his blind date: ‘I did not feel worthy’

NQP64IFV5UI6RJ5VVWVKLMVFP4.jpg

Robert Morin is a 32-year-old wine director and sommelier. He’s looking for a “Beyoncé-type” who is not rude to restaurant staff and knows how to have fun. Ursula Wright is a 30-year-old data analyst for federal transit systems. She likes outdoorsy mountain men who know how to get down on the dance floor and in the board room.

(Daniele Seiss/For The Washington Post)
By Neil Drumming
October 4

Ursula Wright is a 30-year-old data analyst originally from Seattle who likes to talk and doesn’t shy away from difficult or complicated topics. She told me that, going into her Date Lab date, she was worried about being matched with a white supremacist, a closet Republican or a “black dude that thinks Black Men are subversive.”

She also said this thing about life in D.C. that may sound controversial to some, but I’ve heard it enough that it wasn’t surprising. “To be a young, single black woman,” she said, “it’s hard to date in this city. A lot of dudes date white women. A lot of white men — if they date me, it’s only to date me. They would never marry me.”

When I asked Ursula if she actually wanted to get married, she took a practical view. “I don’t want to die alone,” she responded. “I could be splitting the rent. I could be boo’ed up. That’s smart.”

We sent Ursula to meet Rob Morin, 32, at San Lorenzo, an Italian restaurant in Shaw. She got there first. Rob arrived decked out in nice charcoal-colored pants and his favorite red Nikes, but his denim shirt was a little damp by the time he walked in the door. He was embarrassed and lied about where he’d just come from. “I told her it was raining,” he said. “But I was sweating. It’s funny unless you’re me.”

Rob is a sommelier, originally from New Hampshire, who sounds remarkably like the actor Josh Gad … if Josh Gad had already had a couple of glasses of wine. Rob is affable and painfully self-deprecating and was immediately taken with Ursula, who showed up to the restaurant in wedges and a wrap dress from Urban Outfitters. “She’s gorgeous,” Rob told me when I asked him to describe seeing her for the first time. “I did not feel worthy.”

Ursula said she thought that Rob was cute but that he looked like an old manager of hers that she didn’t like.

At dinner, Rob, naturally, selected the wine — something easily drinkable he thought Ursula might like because she’s typically more of a tequila or whiskey consumer — and they happily talked about politics, other cities they have lived in, and Ursula’s Peace Corps stint. Ursula couldn’t tell me what they ate (“a bunch of noodles I can’t remember”), but she did recall that the “conversation was flowing.” She too had worked in the service industry for a time, so they found kinship over that.

Ursula, who wants to go back to school to study urban planning, said she also mentioned she was reading a book about the history of the subject. But for some reason, Rob did not mention his interest in design or, as he wrote in his application, that he likes to “geek out on Frank Lloyd Wright.” Instead, she said, “he kept mentioning it was awkward that we were on the Date Lab and how people kept looking.”

Rob told me he had signed up for Date Lab because a previous Washington Post-sponsored date had gone down where he worked, and his bartender had encouraged him to put his name in the hat. It didn’t take much pushing; Rob is a fan of this column.

“It’s the best,” he gushed to me. “Put two strangers together and then you learn about them. It’s like the mind’s eye into the human psyche. That’s a fun idea.”

I’ll spare you the suspense: Ursula and Rob did not end up boo’ed up, betrothed and barreling down a path toward splitting the rent on a one-bedroom in Columbia Heights. Their date went the way that so many of these do: mystifyingly nowhere. And no amount of peering into the human psyche can produce a suitable logic behind the fizzle.

“I think she hated me,” he told me. “I know when I have another hour with someone. I just didn’t feel like she was thinking about the next hour.”

That said, they ended the night with a hug and exchanged numbers. And at least Rob and Ursula’s date did not reaffirm Ursula’s disheartening feelings about the racial divide in the Washington dating scene, or reinforce the idea that white men don’t like black women. Rob is white but not a white supremacist and not a closet Republican. And he liked her. A lot.

“I could talk with Ursula over a cup of coffee every Sunday for the next 50 Sundays,” he said. “I liked talking to her.” He just wishes he had made a better impression at the outset. “If I was a little drier, it might have gone a different way.”

Rate the date
Ursula: 3.5 [out of 5]. “I think it was automatic friend zone.”

Rob: 4. “Maybe she didn’t super hate me.”

Update
No further contact.

DMV ladies, which one of yall wants to sign up for WaPo date lab?? These things are pitiful...
I want to know how they match these couples. What about her says "Beyonce-type", and I'm not talking about just looks?
---

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...65d92a3585d_story.html?utm_term=.8714ce4b7186

Robert Morin is a 32-year-old wine director and sommelier. He’s looking for a “Beyoncé-type” who is not rude to restaurant staff and knows how to have fun. Ursula Wright is a 30-year-old data analyst for federal transit systems. She likes outdoorsy mountain men who know how to get down on the dance floor and in the board room.

By Neil Drumming
October 4

Ursula Wright is a 30-year-old data analyst originally from Seattle who likes to talk and doesn’t shy away from difficult or complicated topics. She told me that, going into her Date Lab date, she was worried about being matched with a white supremacist, a closet Republican or a “black dude that thinks Black Men are subversive.”

She also said this thing about life in D.C. that may sound controversial to some, but I’ve heard it enough that it wasn’t surprising. “To be a young, single black woman,” she said, “it’s hard to date in this city. A lot of dudes date white women. A lot of white men — if they date me, it’s only to date me. They would never marry me.”

When I asked Ursula if she actually wanted to get married, she took a practical view. “I don’t want to die alone,” she responded. “I could be splitting the rent. I could be boo’ed up. That’s smart.”

We sent Ursula to meet Rob Morin, 32, at San Lorenzo, an Italian restaurant in Shaw. She got there first. Rob arrived decked out in nice charcoal-colored pants and his favorite red Nikes, but his denim shirt was a little damp by the time he walked in the door. He was embarrassed and lied about where he’d just come from. “I told her it was raining,” he said. “But I was sweating. It’s funny unless you’re me.”

Rob is a sommelier, originally from New Hampshire, who sounds remarkably like the actor Josh Gad … if Josh Gad had already had a couple of glasses of wine. Rob is affable and painfully self-deprecating and was immediately taken with Ursula, who showed up to the restaurant in wedges and a wrap dress from Urban Outfitters. “She’s gorgeous,” Rob told me when I asked him to describe seeing her for the first time. “I did not feel worthy.”

Ursula said she thought that Rob was cute but that he looked like an old manager of hers that she didn’t like.

At dinner, Rob, naturally, selected the wine — something easily drinkable he thought Ursula might like because she’s typically more of a tequila or whiskey consumer — and they happily talked about politics, other cities they have lived in, and Ursula’s Peace Corps stint. Ursula couldn’t tell me what they ate (“a bunch of noodles I can’t remember”), but she did recall that the “conversation was flowing.” She too had worked in the service industry for a time, so they found kinship over that.

Ursula, who wants to go back to school to study urban planning, said she also mentioned she was reading a book about the history of the subject. But for some reason, Rob did not mention his interest in design or, as he wrote in his application, that he likes to “geek out on Frank Lloyd Wright.” Instead, she said, “he kept mentioning it was awkward that we were on the Date Lab and how people kept looking.”

Rob told me he had signed up for Date Lab because a previous Washington Post-sponsored date had gone down where he worked, and his bartender had encouraged him to put his name in the hat. It didn’t take much pushing; Rob is a fan of this column.

“It’s the best,” he gushed to me. “Put two strangers together and then you learn about them. It’s like the mind’s eye into the human psyche. That’s a fun idea.”

I’ll spare you the suspense: Ursula and Rob did not end up boo’ed up, betrothed and barreling down a path toward splitting the rent on a one-bedroom in Columbia Heights. Their date went the way that so many of these do: mystifyingly nowhere. And no amount of peering into the human psyche can produce a suitable logic behind the fizzle.

“I think she hated me,” he told me. “I know when I have another hour with someone. I just didn’t feel like she was thinking about the next hour.”

That said, they ended the night with a hug and exchanged numbers. And at least Rob and Ursula’s date did not reaffirm Ursula’s disheartening feelings about the racial divide in the Washington dating scene, or reinforce the idea that white men don’t like black women. Rob is white but not a white supremacist and not a closet Republican. And he liked her. A lot.

“I could talk with Ursula over a cup of coffee every Sunday for the next 50 Sundays,” he said. “I liked talking to her.” He just wishes he had made a better impression at the outset. “If I was a little drier, it might have gone a different way.”

Rate the date

Update
No further contact.
Interesting. I don't think I would sign up for this though. Not sure why since I could probably
use a matchmaker.

Not at all, he was smitten! But she reminds me of this meme

me-on-the-first-date-getting-ready-to-ask-him-18853552.png

:lol:

:rofl:

---

By Neil Drumming
October 4

Rate the date

Update
No further contact.

I wouldn't mind giving this method a try. Would be fun! But I wouldn't want the article to have my real name and picture. :lol: So guess I can't be a candidate.

I didn’t want to derail the RR or KP threads. I, personally, think that feelings are ok, but it’s the way they are expressed. It’s ok to disagree with me on this. Two questions I’ve asked the same guy (I’ve mentioned him before) on two separate occasions was “what’s important to you” and “what’s your biggest fear”. By getting him to admit his feelings on this first, it makes him open to receiving mine.

I made him watch a couple of makeup videos afterwards. I have no shame ladies.

I’m confused y’all.....

So I’ve been chatting with this guy for about 3 weeks now, when we first started talking he immediately asked when I was free for drinks. I told him but then he just kind of moved on to the next subject, we’ve gotten to the point where we are talking everyday now and I got so tired of it that I invited him out.

All he did when I invited him was laugh at a joke I told but he pretty much ignored my date suggestion, I figure he’s either married, booed up or ugly as hell and I’m being catfished.

I’m confused y’all.....

So I’ve been chatting with this guy for about 3 weeks now, when we first started talking he immediately asked when I was free for drinks. I told him but then he just kind of moved on to the next subject, we’ve gotten to the point where we are talking everyday now and I got so tired of it that I invited him out.

All he did when I invited him was laugh at a joke I told but he pretty much ignored my date suggestion, I figure he’s either married, booed up or ugly as hell and I’m being catfished.
I would go with married or catfished. Saying enough to keep you interested. Have you seen a picture?

I didn’t want to derail the RR or KP threads. I, personally, think that feelings are ok, but it’s the way they are expressed. It’s ok to disagree with me on this. Two questions I’ve asked the same guy (I’ve mentioned him before) on two separate occasions was “what’s important to you” and “what’s your biggest fear”. By getting him to admit his feelings on this first, it makes him open to receiving mine.

I made him watch a couple of makeup videos afterwards. I have no shame ladies.
:lol: How did this go? What did he say when the makeup videos were over? I remember making an ex watch hair videos all the time. Well I wouldn't make him I would just use the tv in the living room to run youtube so he couldn't watch anything else. He used to be rolling his eyes the whole time but he never said a word lol

:lol: How did this go? What did he say when the makeup videos were over? I remember making an ex watch hair videos all the time. Well I wouldn't make him I would just use the tv in the living room to run youtube so he couldn't watch anything else. He used to be rolling his eyes the whole time but he never said a word lol
He just watched quietly. And he was very still :giggle:Then said I should try it. He might have had a commentary here and there, but said the skull look would look nice on me.

I would go with married or catfished. Saying enough to keep you interested. Have you seen a picture?

Yep! He followed me on IG so I’ve seen his entire profile & he seems like a real person judging from the interactions & comments under his pics but I’m still super suspicious, it just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Last night he asked what I was up to and I said I was out with a friend and his response was “No invite? Selfish”. I busted him out and said “Well you could invite me but you haven’t so, what’s a girl to do?”.

His response was “Lolol” :rolleyes:

He’s about to just be blocked.

@UniquelyDivine he seems like a time waster.

Ish or get off the pot.

Next!

@UniquelyDivine

Blockedt! ASAP. He’s playing.

@UniquelyDivine Sounds like one of those dudes that just wants someone to text when they're bored. Keep it moving
@UniquelyDivine blockedt!

Also, been meaning to text you...

I def think he has someone. You can't go by his profile (can be a lie)

WELP :laugh: Guess that settles it :laugh:

Hey ladies...
I had an interaction that kept me awake all night...which is weird.

So I am terrible about social media. I have a FB and IG but neither are popping like that... I post on both from time to time and I have a good amount of followers. Well, yesterday I posted a bday shoutout on FB for a friend that's in an org I'm in. One of my followers that I've briefly chatted with sometimes via posts (his and mine) asked if I knew someone else in the org so I told him to reach out to me on messenger. (I accepted the guy because thought that I knew him from my old neighborhood -- a guy I grew up with has the same nickname that the guy uses as his username on FB and they also favor).

So we chatted about the org a bit on messenger, then I asked him about the old neighborhood...he was like, "Huh? It's me!" I was like "me who?" He was like "remember me from the old job?" Turns out that he's an ex. We dated back when we were about 25. He said, all this time we been following each other you didn't know it was me? :lachen:. I was so embarrassed that I thought he was someone else...He cut his dreads, and in pics he always has on hats and shades/glasses.

Our relationship wasn't bad but we were young and both of us did foolish things back then. We enjoyed each other's company though...I told him we should have stuck things out and he agreed. We chatted via messenger for a few hours and talked about old memories. The conversation really stuck with me and I couldn't shake it off afterward. He didn't ask for my number and I didn't offer it or ask for his. He did ask for my IG and this morning I see that he's liked a bunch of my pics. I know nothing will probably come of it, but I am shocked about how it made me feel. :cry3:

ETA: So, besides y'all...I told my coworker and my sister. Coworker says to give him my number which I absolutely REFUSE to do. She's trying to have me out here on some masculine energy...I think not. My sister said I did the right thing by falling back. My thing is twofold: 1. Men go for what they want 2. He's been following me for a while, and KNEW it was me....so again, men go for what they want.

Last edited:
So yea, those that are on my IG, I had a lame dud of a date! Funny thing is, I recently made an pledge to give facially challenged men more of a try, Boom someone of this caliber hits me up, I wrote about it on last page, which we ended up not linking up for that date...

Synopsis of meetup: We link at a local restaurant, I arrived about 5 minutes late. First glance, he looks older than pictures online. ok whateva, I walk over to him, thinking we are going to get a table, nope we at bar, ok :perplexed:. He begins to tell me that he is on like a food break or something, I still want to look at menu though... I proceed to get a sangaria, cause I already know where this is going, no where... He compliments me out the wazooo, I tell him he smells good, until we start talking... Lol... I could tell that he may have not got to many hit backs from online, well let me not presume... But, he seemed like he won jackpot... I started to take him in and noticed how it really didnt look like he was putting his best foot forward, cause of the way he dressed. Dirty white low top sneakers, oversized blazer, yadda yadda.

I was a lil put off that he kept saying how smart I was and observant, I was looking at him like do you mess with people from G building or something... :perplexed: I definitely messed up cause I was working in a masculine energy and could have used the time as a way to practice femininity, but it wasnt worth it...

I entertained him for about 2 drinks and fries! yes fries! The dude didnt know about the Ketchup/Ranch combo! I hate when peps be like not hungry but whe the fries hit table ot hands all in basket!!! Ugghhh... :angry2: :lachen: I really thought I was going to get a meal, I was starved... Luckily, it was around corner from home... Yea so not worth posting, but the trails are the trails, Lol

Oh yea, I posted because after knowing not interested, was finding it difficult to part ways...

IMG_4010.jpg

Last edited:
Hey ladies...
I had an interaction that kept me awake all night...which is weird.

So I am terrible about social media. I have a FB and IG but neither are popping like that... I post on both from time to time and I have a good amount of followers. Well, yesterday I posted a bday shoutout on FB for a friend that's in an org I'm in. One of my followers that I've briefly chatted with sometimes via posts (his and mine) asked if I knew someone else in the org so I told him to reach out to me on messenger. (I accepted the guy because thought that I knew him from my old neighborhood -- a guy I grew up with has the same nickname that the guy uses as his username on FB and they also favor).

So we chatted about the org a bit on messenger, then I asked him about the old neighborhood...he was like, "Huh? It's me!" I was like "me who?" He was like "remember me from the old job?" Turns out that he's an ex. We dated back when we were about 25. He said, all this time we been following each other you didn't know it was me? :lachen:. I was so embarrassed that I thought he was someone else...He cut his dreads, and in pics he always has on hats and shades/glasses.

Our relationship wasn't bad but we were young and both of us did foolish things back then. We enjoyed each other's company though...I told him we should have stuck things out and he agreed. We chatted via messenger for a few hours and talked about old memories. The conversation really stuck with me and I couldn't shake it off afterward. He didn't ask for my number and I didn't offer it or ask for his. He did ask for my IG and this morning I see that he's liked a bunch of my pics. I know nothing will probably come of it, but I am shocked about how it made me feel. :cry3:

ETA: So, besides y'all...I told my coworker and my friend. Coworker says to give him my number which I absolutely REFUSE to do. She's trying to have me out here on some masculine energy...I think not. My sister said I did the right thing by falling back. My thing is twofold: 1. Men go for what they want 2. He's been following me for a while, and KNEW it was me....so again, men go for what they want.

Hmmmm I’m a bit torn on this..... I definitely see what you’re saying about him knowing it was you and men going for what they want but maybe he thought you simply weren’t interested. I don’t know how things ended between you but that could’ve been the reason he just sat back and admired you from afar all this time.

Sometimes we gotta shoot that shot! I had a situation similar to this where we broke up when we were teenagers and the whole time he was still carrying a torch for me, we were friends on social media but he didn’t step up his game & persue me until I saw him out in public & he realized I had no hard feelings.

If I hadn’t moved away we would probably be together.

Hmmmm I’m a bit torn on this..... I definitely see what you’re saying about him knowing it was you and men going for what they want but maybe he thought you simply weren’t interested. I don’t know how things ended between you but that could’ve been the reason he just sat back and admired you from afar all this time.

Sometimes we gotta shoot that shot! I had a situation similar to this where we broke up when we were teenagers and the whole time he was still carrying a torch for me, we were friends on social media but he didn’t step up his game & persue me until I saw him out in public & he realized I had no hard feelings.

If I hadn’t moved away we would probably be together.

What you said is exactly what my coworker said. I guess what y'all are saying is possible. He's a year younger than me so when we were together I was more established (own apt, car, etc.) and he was just getting himself together trying to get those things. I was also a college grad and he wasn't so that always caused a bit of an underlying "thing"for him...I don't know if it was embarrassment, or envy or what. It's possible that he thought I wouldn't be interested.

ETA: I don't even remember why we broke up.
ETA2: I think I dropped some subtle hints. He knows I'm not married, and I told him I enjoyed chatting with him, and to keep in touch (my coworker said this sounds like a blow off :peace:)

Last edited:
Back