I really feel like saying in my profile, “If you still live with your parents swipe left.” No wonder some younger men like the older woman, they don’t really seem to have an option since the older woman should have her own place.

I don’t mind the younger man but instead of wasting my time I’m going to ask early on what their living arrangements are.

My therapist is encouraging me to let my guard down and let someone in. They believe I would benefit from a relationship (healthy) especially since my family is the worst. They said my friends have filled in the gap of my family but that I should also be in a loving, healthy relationship. I told them I've been toying with the idea of an open relationship, I got the "look", lol then the "this is a way for you to not be vulnerable with one person". I guess...

I've taken a break from being a social butterfly. I've traveled a lot in the last couple months and wanted to take a moment, just zen out for a bit. I know I need to get back out there. I have a rotation. I dropped one guy, debating on dropping another. My friends have recommended Bumble to meet men outside of my current social circle. I meet men but they are subpar. Yes they have careers and live alone but that is bare minimum in my book.

Off to contemplate my life...

My coworker convinced me to live my best life, go on dates, if I want to F/keep a friend in the rotation, do that, just be safe and single and free. And he's right. I went on a date from Bumble on Friday. It went so well, we went out again on Sunday. I'd contacted my old special friend but his services weren't needed because my date put.it.down. Best session I've had YEARS. He's already planned our next date too. We're going out next weekend. And I'm not stressing over if I did too much too soon. I'm grown. If this leads to something, great, if not, I'll be okay. I just don't want to stress, period. What will be will be

My coworker convinced me to live my best life, go on dates, if I want to F/keep a friend in the rotation, do that, just be safe and single and free. And he's right. I went on a date from Bumble on Friday. It went so well, we went out again on Sunday. I'd contacted my old special friend but his services weren't needed because my date put.it.down. Best session I've had YEARS. He's already planned our next date too. We're going out next weekend. And I'm not stressing over if I did too much too soon. I'm grown. If this leads to something, great, if not, I'll be okay. I just don't want to stress, period. What will be will be
My co-worker has been saying the same to me forever .. I just find myself crawling back into shell... I need to let lose, I cant seem to find someone that remotely even does it for me though and I dont like cats.. Lol... Prayfor me ladies, no seriously...

My co-worker has been saying the same to me forever .. I just find myself crawling back into shell... I need to let lose, I cant seem to find someone that remotely even does it for me though and I dont like cats.. Lol... Prayfor me ladies, no seriously...
When he told me to go live my best ho life--no for real, he said to just enjoy being single, that i owe it to myself--I was like nooo, I gotta date the right way. And then after some convincing and reminiscing about my dating life this past year, I was like he's right. There is no "right" way. I'm just going to have fun and see if I meet somebody that I click with while making sure my sexual needs are being taken care of *shrug*

When he told me to go live my best ho life--no for real, he said to just enjoy being single, that i owe it to myself--I was like nooo, I gotta date the right way. And then after some convincing and reminiscing about my dating life this past year, I was like he's right. There is no "right" way. I'm just going to have fun and see if I meet somebody that I click with while making sure my sexual needs are being taken care of *shrug*
Yea my weekends have been a sad, semi-crying mess...

A word!

I've watched too many of my girlfriends sitting at home lamenting the fact that they aren't in a relationship or married with kids. They also aren't living their lives. I go out, I met men, I date, I enjoy my single life. I understand that every man even a good man isn't going to be forever or even long term. I never want to look back on my life and wish I lived more.

I encourage the women I know to liiiiive! It is on them if they follow through.

A word!

I've watched too many of my girlfriends sitting at home lamenting the fact that they aren't in a relationship or married with kids. They also aren't living their lives. I go out, I met men, I date, I enjoy my single life. I understand that every man even a good man isn't going to be forever or even long term. I never want to look back on my life and wish I lived more.

I encourage the women I know to liiiiive! It is on them if they follow through.

You right. I go back and forth between focusing on myself/having fun and being laser focused on finding someone to be in a relationship with. The latter makes dating so much less fun and causes unnecessary stress. I think I'm permanently on my ho ish now. "Pinky ring til I get a wedding ring" :lol:

For some reason your post reminded me of something that happened a few weeks ago. I was supposed to meet this younger guy off of bumble one evening after work. We'd already confirmed the place and time the day of, spoken like 2 hours before and said we'd let each other know when we were on our way, etc.

I'm finishing up getting ready and telling him I'm about to leave, he says he wants to change the location. Ok. To where. He says we can go to one of our apartments or we can cancel :huh: Now why are those the only two choices??

When I expressed my annoyance, he said something to the effect of "If this is the way you're going to act, you can lose my number. You act like we can't meet up any time." I told him his number was never saved and that he didn't have to worry about us meeting up. Then told him I was taking myself out and to enjoy his night.

I took myself out to dinner and had a great time. Guess who blew up my phone all night :rolleyes: I guess dude seriously thought I was going to beg him to not cut me off or ? Boy bye. I was dressed up and fine, I went out and had a good time regardless

He says we can go to one of our apartments or we can cancel :huh: Now why are those the only two choices??

When I expressed my annoyance, he said something to the effect of "If this is the way you're going to act, you can lose my number. You act like we can't meet up any time." I told him his number was never saved and that he didn't have to worry about us meeting up. Then told him I was taking myself out and to enjoy his night.
Chile, these men really think they're the prize huh...:lachen::lachen::lachen:

The strategic hoe life is exhausting. There ain't but two degrees of separation between the mens... sigh. I contemplated adding out of state peen for a spell but that is tiresome. #Hoestruggle
@Covagirlm maybe I need time to get there. Besides the 20 miles one, theres another two boroughs and the verazzano toll away. He works so much OT that he barely has time. I told him I will have no problem spending his monies :look: and I told my BF he gives me enough space to add in another few.

You right. I go back and forth between focusing on myself/having fun and being laser focused on finding someone to be in a relationship with. The latter makes dating so much less fun and causes unnecessary stress. I think I'm permanently on my ho ish now. "Pinky ring til I get a wedding ring" :lol:

For some reason your post reminded me of something that happened a few weeks ago. I was supposed to meet this younger guy off of bumble one evening after work. We'd already confirmed the place and time the day of, spoken like 2 hours before and said we'd let each other know when we were on our way, etc.

I'm finishing up getting ready and telling him I'm about to leave, he says he wants to change the location. Ok. To where. He says we can go to one of our apartments or we can cancel :huh: Now why are those the only two choices??

I took myself out to dinner and had a great time. Guess who blew up my phone all night :rolleyes: I guess dude seriously thought I was going to beg him to not cut me off or ? Boy bye. I was dressed up and fine, I went out and had a good time regardless
I keep saying how men are never afraid to ask for what they want even when what they want is ridiculous and they are broke, busted and stupid. I bet he didn't even stop to think before he sent a text talking about let's kick it at one of our apartments. He sent it expecting you to be cool with it. Smh Good riddance to that fool and good for you for taking yourself out and having a good time anyway.

I'm right there with you :nono:.

I think I pop into this thread roughly every 3 months to regurgitate this. 2018 has been the worst for me dating wise. In every other area of my life, I'm having the best year ever (the glow-up was realllllll :bdance:). However, I'm low-key convinced I'm just unlucky with dating :nono: My friends want me to "put myself out there" but it's quite frankly been disappointing and discouraging.

I'm right there with you :nono:.

I think I pop into this thread roughly every 3 months to regurgitate this. 2018 has been the worst for me dating wise. In every other area of my life, I'm having the best year ever (the glow-up was realllllll :bdance:). However, I'm low-key convinced I'm just unlucky with dating :nono: My friends want me to "put myself out there" but it's quite frankly been disappointing and discouraging.
I don’t really have words because I know the feeling, but I want you to stay positive. A negative mood/spirit/energy will attract douches and peasants. You deserve better than that.

Back