I am a small business owner- I have insurance. It costs me half a stack every month but my eyes, teeth and body is covered. If he set up his entity right, he can deduct the cost as a business expense. He is just broke. And apparently one that isn't see a doctor either. I am glad you left. Next time tell him your boyfriend doesn't want you having male friends if he tries that ish again. WTH

Yes, you’re absolutely right.

So a guy that I had a date with tonight is getting on my nerves. We talked briefly during my lunch hour and we were talking about nicknames and what our family calls us vs. what friends call us. So while I was talking he cut me off and was like "so who calls you Kam?" Before I could answer he cuts in again and says "I'm gonna call you (insert my full name) because that's what your grandfather calls you" Why he chose my grandfather is beyond me but :rolleyes: I ignored him and didn't say anything but he kept on and goes "You got a lot of nicknames, damn!" I was like Beyonce got tons of nicknames, why can't I? (This is a reference to another joke we had about me not being a Beyonce fan but too long to explain) He got all serious and was like "so now I have to figure out what to call you". How about you call me what I introduced myself as, Kam! Never mind the fact that I only gave 3 different nicknames and they are all clearly variations of my name. Anyway, this probably doesn't sound that annoying but I was irritated and canceled on him. At the end of the convo I was like I'm glad you called because I was going to tell you I can't go out tonight. Maybe some other time and left it at that. He was silent and I was like I gotta get back to work. Bye and just hung up on him. Men are annoying.

@LdyKamz That would have annoyed me too.

I was talking to this guy I met on OKC for a few days. He seemed nice until I realized that he only wanted to talk about himself. I asked him if there was anything about me he wanted to know, and he said he'd rather not approach getting to know one another like an interview. :perplexed:

I mean, if you don't ask me questions or allow me to talk, and you only talk about yourself constantly, how are you gonna get to know me?!

He got the ax. On to the next!

So, I recently blocked a guy. His first red flag was when he asked to see me on short notice (basically, an hour before) I told him no. He asked a few more times. I told him no; didn’t care it was saturday and early, why would you think giving me an hour is ok? I told him that too. Told him I need at least a day and if he did it again, he would get no. So I suggested another day but it didn’t work.

About two weeks ago he tried it again by asking indirectly but saying he would have done something and waited to see me. I said “so you gave me four hours notice this time?”. Both feet out the door.

Friday, guess again o_O so when he tried to pull a “I’m never going to see you...” I told him if this is any indication on how you’d act in a relationship, you can one yourself.

Blocked :)

General Question:

When you go out doing regular errands like groceries, post office, etc, do you dress it up (make-up, hair neat, earrings, sharp clothes, etc) in hopes some available man will take notice and start conversation?
Dressing it up has pretty much tripled how many men I pull on a given outing (usually 1. now its consistently ~3). For day I use a little foundation, liner and mascara, and tinted gloss. Clothes are brighter colors and am avoiding black fabrics (I feel black outfits say "low mood/depressive" and generally blend me into the background) and I am trying to get more stylish instead of the middle class "mom-with-a-young-child" yoga pants style I was sporting the last 6 years. lol

Though I'm not actively looking to date, I find myself spiffing up more--it makes me feel good and I've noticed more men taking notice. IDK if it's because I'm putting in an effort or because lookin and smellin nice is boosting my confidence. I hope its a combo of both.

What say you?

Also need to start doing this for myself. I'm actually in a funk today but made a conscious effort and it helped a teeny bit.

In a weird funky mood about myself, and I made the mistake of placing a lot of hope in what was essentially supposed to be a distraction - that exploded in my face horribly :lol: :nono:

Think I really need to devote time on focusing on myself, what I'm projecting and how to be content, finally.

I’m finally getting to this point. I’ve been reading MDLWLY and WMLB and I realized I don’t need help in those departments. :look: Reminders, but no help.

Getting back to being feminine and learning to essentially speak a love language is where I need
help. It’s been getting better, but it’s things that need practicing.

I am a small business owner- I have insurance. It costs me half a stack every month but my eyes, teeth and body is covered. If he set up his entity right, he can deduct the cost as a business expense. He is just broke. And apparently one that isn't see a doctor either. I am glad you left. Next time tell him your boyfriend doesn't want you having male friends if he tries that ish again. WTH

@movingforward13 Random: Would you mind if I PM you to ask a few questions about how to do this?

I'm home drinking since I called things off with #1 today. He texted to say he wanted to talk. I don't think we should see each other and I told him so. There's no big problem. I'm not mad at him. I like him a lot. I just need...more, ya know. This Riesling with my Reese's peanut butter cups stuffed with Reese's pieces is helping me feel better about ignoring his texts right now. I gotta be strong.

I’m finally getting to this point. I’ve been reading MDLWLY and WMLB and I realized I don’t need help in those departments. :look: Reminders, but no help.

Getting back to being feminine and learning to essentially speak a love language is where I need
help. It’s been getting better, but it’s things that need practicing.

Curious of what the bolded is?

I deleted my hoeness in Brooklyn...
Girl. It will be deleted but don’t be a new hoe in the Bronx/Harlem. It’s not the place for that.

You have to be highly selective and discrete up here. It is entirely too small. That is the only reason I’m leaving with my name intact.

As far as anyone knows I’ve only been with one person. That one person may be different depending on who you speak to :look:

Girl. It will be deleted but don’t be a new hoe in the Bronx/Harlem. It’s not the place for that.

You have to be highly selective and discrete up here. It is entirely too small. That is the only reason I’m leaving with my name intact.

As far as anyone knows I’ve only been with one person. That one person may be different depending on who you speak to :look:
I’ve lived in Brooklyn my whole hoe life. If someone asks about someone else my answer is usually I don’t even know him :rofl: I know you meant to tag CGM though.

I'm home drinking since I called things off with #1 today. He texted to say he wanted to talk. I don't think we should see each other and I told him so. There's no big problem. I'm not mad at him. I like him a lot. I just need...more, ya know. This Riesling with my Reese's peanut butter cups stuffed with Reese's pieces is helping me feel better about ignoring his texts right now. I gotta be strong.

Are you sure that is what you want to do??!!! What ' more ' are you looking for exactly?

@movingforward13 Random: Would you mind if I PM you to ask a few questions about how to do this?
Sure- but mainly it is having an S-Corp or C-Corp. That said, corps have rigid compliance requirements in addition to their own filings. Compliance may outweigh the benefit to deduct things.

I have an LLC (sole prop) so while I don’t get to deduct HI as a business expense, I get to take an above the line deduction on my return. It all works out one way or another.

Are you sure that is what you want to do??!!! What ' more ' are you looking for exactly?
What, ignore his texts? I just feel like it won't go anywhere with us talking. I actually responded to one of his texts and he started talking about closure and all that and now I feel terribly guilty and don't know what to do.

What 'more' is actually a good question because I have started second guessing myself like well he checks all the boxes but...I don't even know exactly. I just feel like there's something else I need that I'm not getting.

soooo I'm stupid...
I started an instagram page only to track my new healthy eating lifestyle and to join in on challenges, etc. It's NOT a page that my friends know about or I want to exploit my life. I've always been anti-social media so I don't know a lot of things. Recently an old flame that keeps stalking me emailed me and I ignored it. But it sparked interest in just taking a peek into what he's been up to. So my stupid behind looks up his profile on instagram and I'm looking through his insta-stories:bookworm2:. Nothing much to see....blah...moving on.
The next morning I get a notification that he's following me. I'm like WTF....how did he find me. :burnup:This fool is a complete stalker and I'm fired up now.......until I realize that you can see who sees your insta-stories:dazed:
He saw that I looked at every one of them......ugh.....:covereyes:. I'm calling him a stalker and I'm out here looking pressed.
I immediately blocked him lol....and kept it pushing. This is why I dont do social media

the end

Sure- but mainly it is having an S-Corp or C-Corp. That said, corps have rigid compliance requirements in addition to their own filings. Compliance may outweigh the benefit to deduct things.

I have an LLC (sole prop) so while I don’t get to deduct HI as a business expense, I get to take an above the line deduction on my return. It all works out one way or another.

Thank you @movingforward13 for clarifying. I appreciate it.

Back