Most men care about getting catfished looks-wise, I care about getting catfished identity-wise. Are you who you say you are? And if a quick google search goes against everything you've told me in regards to your background, I'm not going out with you! I'm tired of bumble but I inadvertently got a free premium account, so I feel obligated to use it

So I went out on a date with the surgeon. He wasn't quite as tall as he stated - why do guys do that, like we're not going to find out?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway he's still taller than me but it did irritate somewhat. He's a nice guy but he's just too far, I know I'm going to get frustrated with it over time so best not get into it.

I've been talking to another guy; he's okay, not quite as attractive as the doctor but he lives close and he has some dough around him. Like just bought a car outright today, and if that's the truth it wasn't cheap. Always jetting off to Europe on business trips; he seems to lead quite a glamorous lifestyle. He's has suggested that he'd offer me whatever I wanted (well not so crudely). But I find there's a catch with these sort of men in my experience (well maybe it's my luck). I'm not sure if I'm going to proceed with him, but if I do, I will be doing so very very cautiously. It could all just be an elaborate yarn of course, we'll see.

I’ve gotten tired of Tyrone’s and decided to try a Billy, so far he’s been fun and engaging but today we got on the topic of cooking which he said he loves to do.

He dropped a bomb though and said he struggles with seasoning & it’s hard to get it right....
giphy.gif

How sway???

Talking bout “teach me!!!”

I don’t have time to teach life’s simple pleasures, this is why I can’t fool with them.

giphy.gif

Bwoy if you love cooking then knowing how to season is mandatory. :lol:

Which brings me onto the outlandish claims from men who can cook ‘so well.’ Probably my bad luck but I’ve yet to experience it bar my sons father who cooks exceptionally well. Everyone else I’ve had to say a silent prayer before eating what they prepare. I just avoid it now.

Lol, if the only issue is teaching him how to season the you'll be ok. I worry about the other stuff with Billt

Right?! He’s technically a “spicy” white and not from the states so we shall see, I’m waiting for it :rolleyes: .

Bwoy if you love cooking then knowing how to season is mandatory. :lol:

Which brings me onto the outlandish claims from men who can cook ‘so well.’ Probably my bad luck but I’ve yet to experience it bar my sons father who cooks exceptionally well. Everyone else I’ve had to say a silent prayer before eating what they prepare. I just avoid it now.

I’m saying! I asked him if he had the basics at least and he said all he had was salt and meat seasoning......... I don’t understand how folks struggle with seasoning food, It’s not rocket science.

Right?! He’s technically a “spicy” white and not from the states so we shall see, I’m waiting for it :rolleyes: .

I’m saying! I asked him if he had the basics at least and he said all he had was salt and meat seasoning......... I don’t understand how folks struggle with seasoning food, It’s not rocket science.

Idk girl. Seasoning is the bare basics of cooking. If ya food bland, you cannot cook.

I haven't gone out on a date in ~month. My therapist asked why. I'm just over it. I have a lot going on e.g. career/work. I couldn't muster up the energy to sit across from someone and play semi nice.
I may try again in a couple of weeks. My gf has encouraged me to try bumble again. I was on for 2.2 minutes and didn't see anyone semi cute or interesting.

Last edited:
Met a nice guy on OKC but he work's 2nd shift in a factory...so when I'm off, he's at work. He hasn't mentioned a proper date yet because of his schedule. This is going nowhere...so he gets the ax.

I met a guy in a club 18 years ago. We dated briefly and then stopped (I can't remember why). Fast forward to three years ago, here he comes reaching out to me on FB. I didn't even recognize him (greyer and a little rounder but still handsome). I was surprised that he remembered my name (my first and last name are unusual). He had gotten married after we broke up, stayed married 14 years, and was newly divorced. We started talking...catching up. We were vibing but he gave me the impression that he wasn't really over his marriage, so I cut him off. I started dating someone else not long after that. About a year later he started sending me messages again but I had him blocked in my phone so I wasn't getting the messages. He lived and worked in a different state (I live in MD, he lived in DE and worked in DE and VA mostly). So, since I wouldn't answer his messages he showed up at my house on one of my telework days! Unannounced! Talmabout why won't you talk to me...so I told him I was seeing someone. I told him I would unblock him, just so he would leave. He kept reaching out to me after that but I wasn't trying to see him because I was in a relationship. Another year passes. Do y'all know, he is back again?! I don't know why he keeps reaching out to me...SMH. This is the 4th time.

I'm single again, and technically have no reason to turn him down. He's a nice guy but I'm just like, why is he so persistent? He asked me out tomorrow. I guess I'll go and see what he's talking about. :yawn:

(sorry this is so long and forgive my runaway sentences and punctuation)

Met a nice guy on OKC but he work's 2nd shift in a factory...so when I'm off, he's at work. He hasn't mentioned a proper date yet because of his schedule. This is going nowhere...so he gets the ax.

I met a guy in a club 18 years ago. We dated briefly and then stopped (I can't remember why). Fast forward to three years ago, here he comes reaching out to me on FB. I didn't even recognize him (greyer and a little rounder but still handsome). I was surprised that he remembered my name (my first and last name are unusual). He had gotten married after we broke up, stayed married 14 years, and was newly divorced. We started talking...catching up. We were vibing but he gave me the impression that he wasn't really over his marriage, so I cut him off. I started dating someone else not long after that. About a year later he started sending me messages again but I had him blocked in my phone so I wasn't getting the messages. He lived and worked in a different state (I live in MD, he lived in DE and worked in DE and VA mostly). So, since I wouldn't answer his messages he showed up at my house on one of my telework days! Unannounced! Talmabout why won't you talk to me...so I told him I was seeing someone. I told him I would unblock him, just so he would leave. He kept reaching out to me after that but I wasn't trying to see him because I was in a relationship. Another year passes. Do y'all know, he is back again?! I don't know why he keeps reaching out to me...SMH. This is the 4th time.

I'm single again, and technically have no reason to turn him down. He's a nice guy but I'm just like, why is he so persistent? He asked me out tomorrow. I guess I'll go and see what he's talking about. :yawn:

(sorry this is so long and forgive my runaway sentences and punctuation)
I wouldn't go. I don't need a stalker man.

Le sigh, pretty sad that I dont even think about relationships lately.. I guess never being pre-exposed to a healthy relationship is a blessing and a curse... On one hand I direly want a relationship, just to be in one really... On the other hand, since dont know what it is dont feel like missing out.. #randomthoughts

Do you feel safe going? @LivingDoll

:yep: I do feel safe, but I hear what you all are saying though. I might not go.

Question...if I had left that one line out would y'all reactions be the same? I've had guys show up unannounced at my door quite a few times over the years and I never put them in the stalker pile...was it that he drove so far? I'm just trying to understand the reasoning...

:yep: I do feel safe, but I hear what you all are saying though. I might not go.

Question...if I had left that one line out would y'all reactions be the same? I've had guys show up unannounced at my door quite a few times over the years and I never put them in the stalker pile...was it that he drove so far? I'm just trying to understand the reasoning...

It doesn't bother me. Its your choice and you know the man more than we do. If my ex showed up at my house I'd be surprised. ( the yearly check in guy). Id be impressed but I still wouldn't give him the time of day, lol. @LivingDoll

It doesn't bother me. Its your choice and you know the man more than we do. If my ex showed up at my house I'd be surprised. ( the yearly check in guy). Id be impressed but I still wouldn't give him the time of day, lol. @LivingDoll

:lachen::lachen:

My most recent ex (I wrote about him earlier in the thread)? Now that ***** is a stalker. I haven't even had the energy to write about my chronicles with him in this thread. I wouldn't be impressed. I would call the police if he showed up. :yep:

I actually stay watching ID Channel, Fatal Attraction and shows like that! I just don't get that vibe from him which is surprising to me. I usually trust no kneegrow. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I asked my sister and she doesn't get that vibe from him either. I think y'all are wrong about this one but I appreciate and understand the concern.

@LivingDoll

He isn't exactly a stranger from what you say so if he were crazy I think you would have gotten that vibe from him long ago.

Men have driven long distances and showed up unannounced at my door (including DH) several times and turned out to not be stalkers. It's part of the chase (sometimes) and they strongly felt we belonged together at the time.

I would meet him if I had the time to spare.

How much time was it between your last contact and when he showed up at your house unannounced?

I have hard and fast boundaries about men showing up unannounced so when it happens I nip it in the bud quick.

I actually stay watching ID Channel, Fatal Attraction and shows like that! I just don't get that vibe from him which is surprising to me. I usually trust no kneegrow. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I asked my sister and she doesn't get that vibe from him either. I think y'all are wrong about this one but I appreciate and understand the concern.
Chile.........i don't know about this one. But do you and be safe.

Back