@UniquelyDivine sorry this one didn't work out. One step closer to the one is how I look at it.

Dealing with these losers really does help you hone in, focus on and figure out what you want and need in a partner.

So true! I definitely learn a little more about myself & what I truly what each time I deal with these fools and I’m glad it happened early in the game because it was a major red flag.

Talmbout "If it's really over I can respect that, but if you just need a few days reach out to me whenever you're ready" you.cant.be.serious.

:abducted:Why is he saying “if it’s really over” as if y’all were an item? Who raised these dudes?

Does anyone have any suggestions for dating sites with quality men? It seems like the free sites get all the bottom feeders. I have tried POF, and OKC most recently. I get a million "likes" but very few men actually send me anything worth responding to.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Does anyone have any suggestions for dating sites with quality men? It seems like the free sites get all the bottom feeders. I have tried POF, and OKC most recently. I get a million "likes" but very few men actually send me anything worth responding to.

People here seem to have very good luck with OKC including me. I paid for Match and it was a bust for me. There are a few others that people have mentioned like Bumble and Coffee meets Bagel but I've never tried them because I don't have any social media and as I understand it you have to have facebook for these. Hopefully the other ladies will chime in.

I met SO on OK Cupid. A number of ladies here met their SOs/DHs on OK Cupid. I liked it mostly for the compatibility algorithm. I liked the in-depth profiles. I could tell which peasants had actually read my profile. I paid the money to be able to see who "likes" me before I come across their profile or how ever it works. Best money I ever spent. :yep: I briefly tried Bumble but created and deleted my profile in an hour. I was turned off that much. I thought about Coffee Meets Bagel but I'm phasing out most of my social media and only really using it for networking/business.

Getting a lot of "likes" but less quality messages sent, if messages are sent at all is par for the course with online dating. Both parties need to have realistic expectations. You have to be patient. You may not get promising results right away. Location is also key. :look: Be clear with yourself about what you want and what you're looking for.

I'll add more if I think of anything else.

I will never understand men (I don't really want to anyway) but I have a friend I know is interested in me. He plays the nice guy role. Buys me presents, is always a listening ear and supportive. He knows he is friend zoned. He knows this. So he went and got himself a girlfriend. He only sees this girl on Friday and Saturday. She has children and is busy with the kids during the week but will make time for him if he asks. The thing is, he doesn't ask. He says he prefers to only see her Friday and Saturday because he likes his space. He went on and on about how it is the perfect relationship and he's glad that she has her own life and doesn't bother him during the week.

Yet, this man texts or calls me every.single.night. I answer maybe 1 out of 7 calls and 2 out 10 texts. He still checks in. If he is really happy with a woman that gives him space why is he texting and calling a woman he is pining for and will never have daily? I don't get it.

I’m glad you had fun but why didn’t you ask his age? Lol that was such a big thing for you when you first mentioned him. Are you afraid of being with a significantly older man?
I don’t know if it was a date date or a business date. So I just kept it professional.

Why I think it was a date date-
He paid
He asked me out
He complimented me many times- smarts and beauty
He walked me to my car
We hugged a few times

But a lot of our actual conversation was about being a new entrepreneur and his lawyer stuff. Good conversation but not really romantic/flirty/personal. And he did way more talking than me. He did hit me back the next day but hasn’t asked me out again.
Since I am leaning back, I am waiting for him to make the next move.

Last edited:
People here seem to have very good luck with OKC including me. I paid for Match and it was a bust for me. There are a few others that people have mentioned like Bumble and Coffee meets Bagel but I've never tried them because I don't have any social media and as I understand it you have to have facebook for these. Hopefully the other ladies will chime in.

I tried Coffee meets Bagel but there were very few Black men on there. I'm open to dating outside but I like to have options. Thanks for responding...I appreciate it.

I will never understand men (I don't really want to anyway) but I have a friend I know is interested in me. He plays the nice guy role. Buys me presents, is always a listening ear and supportive. He knows he is friend zoned. He knows this. So he went and got himself a girlfriend. He only sees this girl on Friday and Saturday. She has children and is busy with the kids during the week but will make time for him if he asks. The thing is, he doesn't ask. He says he prefers to only see her Friday and Saturday because he likes his space. He went on and on about how it is the perfect relationship and he's glad that she has her own life and doesn't bother him during the week.

Yet, this man texts or calls me every.single.night. I answer maybe 1 out of 7 calls and 2 out 10 texts. He still checks in. If he is really happy with a woman that gives him space why is he texting and calling a woman he is pining for and will never have daily? I don't get it.

Sounds like he only has her around to try to make you jealous? That and a combination of just needing someone to help him pass time...That's a shame, and I feel sorry for the "girlfriend".

Last edited:
I met SO on OK Cupid. A number of ladies here met their SOs/DHs on OK Cupid. I liked it mostly for the compatibility algorithm. I liked the in-depth profiles. I could tell which peasants had actually read my profile. I paid the money to be able to see who "likes" me before I come across their profile or how ever it works. Best money I ever spent. :yep: I briefly tried Bumble but created and deleted my profile in an hour. I was turned off that much. I thought about Coffee Meets Bagel but I'm phasing out most of my social media and only really using it for networking/business.

Getting a lot of "likes" but less quality messages sent, if messages are sent at all is par for the course with online dating. Both parties need to have realistic expectations. You have to be patient. You may not get promising results right away. Location is also key. :look: Be clear with yourself about what you want and what you're looking for.

I'll add more if I think of anything else.

So, once you paid to see your likes, did you reach out and contact them? It kinda seems like how it is in real life...in that, if a man is truly interested he'll let you know. Is online dating different? The few times I did reach out to men first, I got a lackluster reply or I didn't get a reply at all.

Speaking from current personal experience :look:
With the only difference in days of the week being Saturday afternoon until Sunday afternoon: companionship.

I’ve even asked (a gay male friend included) and something is better than nothing once a man reaches 30. They don’t ask for more because they don’t want more in the current situation, because they still need time to find their wife :look:
I mean, you never know. He may be happy and I may just be speculating.

@movingforward13 y'all hugged. Woman, this was not a business meal! :laugh: You don't go hugging new contacts (a few times at that) over dinner. Most men get caught up talking about what they know when they are out with women which a lot of times centers on work. When you know you're on a date though you are able to shift the conversation to something else. Since you were playing it safe, the conversation stayed on something he knew/could easily talk about. Let's see what his next move is.

How do yall go so long without sleeping with a new boo? A few dates in and I'm ready to pounce :look:

@ScorpioBeauty09
I studied MDLWLY (there’s a thread on it here) religiously and Lambert has a whole chapter about the right time to have sex with a peasant or Favourite. :look: That was the standard I used, though I put my spin on it. SO met that standard weeks before we had sex but we both had a lot going on at the time (including me getting stuck in Hawaii because of Hurricane Lane) and we didn't want to do it just to get it over with. But I digress...

IME, if I feel a strong physical attraction early on, it doesn’t end well. :nono: In fact I had a rotation briefly when SO and I had our first date and one of the peasants was so charismatic I thought about sleeping with him by the second date but then I realized that was all there was between us and dropped him. SO told me up front he wanted to wait because in his previous relationships he jumped right into sex and it messed things up down the road. :look: But SO said all the time it was hard to keep his hands off me lol. He’s an LMFT as is my mother so that kind of self awareness is key for him to do his job. He didn't know it at the time but I was very late to losing my V-card and sex is something I'm pretty guarded about. SO is also outside the men I normally dated so unlike him, it took a while for the physical chemistry to develop on my end. Had he pushed for sex early, I would've gone in the opposite direction.

We have a strong emotional/intellectual connection and the physical attraction is there for me now so I can't keep my hands off him. :love:

Last edited:
So, once you paid to see your likes, did you reach out and contact them? It kinda seems like how it is in real life...in that, if a man is truly interested he'll let you know. Is online dating different? The few times I did reach out to men first, I got a lackluster reply or I didn't get a reply at all.
OK Cupid tries to get women to send more messages, claiming that those who do are 17% more likely to get a date. :ohwell: I didn't find that to be entirely true but the reality is online dating is a numbers game just like regular dating, so it is very likely you won't get a response if you send out a message whether you're a man or a woman, it's just how that goes. Statistically, a very low percentage of men and women receive the most messages.

While I did experience some exceptions, I found that the rule "if a man is truly interested he'll let you know" rung true. My suggestion, don't shy away from sending a message if you see an interesting profile but don't think about it too much. Very paradoxical, I know.

OK Cupid tries to get women to send more messages, claiming that those who do are 17% more likely to get a date. :ohwell: I didn't find that to be entirely true but the reality is online dating is a numbers game just like regular dating, so it is very likely you won't get a response if you send out a message whether you're a man or a woman, it's just how that goes. Statistically, a very low percentage of men and women receive the most messages.

While I did experience some exceptions, I found that the rule "if a man is truly interested he'll let you know" rung true. My suggestion, don't shy away from sending a message if you see an interesting profile but don't think about it too much. Very paradoxical, I know.

I appreciate you...I'll start first by paying to see my likes. :yep:

I don't think I have the attention span for dating apps, or at least not Bumble. A lot of these guys aren't very engaging it seems and that they like having the woman pursue them. I can't carry the conversation by myself, and once I'm bored I'm like NEXT! Out of the 15-ish active matches/chats I have open on Bumble, only 2 are engaging, 4 are chatting but boring as all hell, the others are just sitting there, haven't responded (then why did you swipe right?! WHY?!)

Ugh.

Yall don't have any single male friends, cousins etc? I'm up for an arranged marriage. I.hate.dating.

Y'all why did this 51 year on man on POF send me this message? I never blocked anyone so fast.
"Can you make me some peach cobbler?"

What in the world? Why? After my initial confusion and re-reading it, I found the block setting. I have no idea why someone would send that random (and dumb) comment to me. If it was a joke, nope. I think his mouth was open in his pic too :look:.

No I'm not cooking for you.

@qchelle You'll get a kick out of this one lol

I might laugh at it one day but right now I'm sick of some of the men on these apps :/

Browsing OkCupid when I should be working.
That was me on Bumble. I would be sitting on conference calls swiping.

I still remember the day I saw SO on it. I swiped right while I was on a call and it said we were matched so I sent him my typical. Hi XXX. How are you? He responded instantly. Then I completely stopped paying attention to the call while we bantered back and forth for a few minutes and he asked for my number. It's been 6 months.:2inlove:

Anyone not currently dating, or seeking a mate here? I would love to hear from ya and your perspective on single life!

*raises hand slowly*

I love it. Maybe too much :look:. But I find I become so stressed when I become involved with men, and I'm at my happiest when I'm just doing my own thing, so I've just accepted that maybe I have a solitary personality and there's nothing wrong with it. Let me know what questions you have, I'm glad to chat. :)

Y'all why did this 51 year on man on POF send me this message? I never blocked anyone so fast.
"Can you make me some peach cobbler?"

What in the world? Why? After my initial confusion and re-reading it, I found the block setting. I have no idea why someone would send that random (and dumb) comment to me. If it was a joke, nope. I think his mouth was open in his pic too :look:.

No I'm not cooking for you.

@qchelle You'll get a kick out of this one lol

I might laugh at it one day but right now I'm sick of some of the men on these apps :/

That's tame for POF.

It’s awkward when you see your colleagues on dating apps. I just saw one of mine on OKC. :ohwell:

Anywho I’ve got a date tomorrow, now this one really does have potential. He’s tall, South American, and very good looking. He is also a vascular surgeon and is working his way to consultant. So very ambitious.

The only fly in the ointment is he lives outside of London, it’s not too far about 1 hour 15 minutes on the train. I’ll overlook this if he is worth it.

Will report back tomorrow.

D6E77462-80E5-435C-AC7D-337891C31B39.jpeg

Men that post these type of pics are so slutty :giggle: put some clothes on & have some self respect!

But also.......

giphy.gif

Ok, ladies that are "perusing" online sites, I need to get y'all opinions...

Do you ever get the sense that these guys (most of them, even the ones that are a strong 2-6 looks wise) are passing up beautiful obviously Black "normal" women for "insta-thots" and exotics? I have seen a lot of men that actually say in their profile that they prefer non-Black women (thank God that they are honest)...but what about a lot of the other guys? Do y'all think that's causing many of us to have difficulty with meeting quality guys?

If I'm wrong (and hopefully I am wrong for the most part -- but, I'm aware that there are always outliers) I'm wrong....but if the majority of the Blk men ain't even checking for us, we're waging an uphill battle.

Open to hearing what you ladies think. I hope no one takes offense to the question.

Back