Okcupid isn't working for me. I don't know if it's me, my location, or both. I do have a date with someone tomorrow though

It's weird what they've done to that site. I'm not sure whether it has worked...

I've been talking to a guy on POF, a bit younger than me actually and we are getting on quite well and have taken the conversation offline. He made a big point of letting me know that he's deleted the POF app as he wasn't interested in anyone else. He wasn't asking me to delete it, rather just letting me know. I don't know why guys do this. And they ALL do it, they all get irritated if you're talking to someone else.

I can only take the dating sites in small doses, if he doesn't work out I'll take a break from it. I find I don't have the patience anymore to deal with the BS.

It's weird what they've done to that site. I'm not sure whether it has worked...

I've been talking to a guy on POF, a bit younger than me actually and we are getting on quite well and have taken the conversation offline. He made a big point of letting me know that he's deleted the POF app as he wasn't interested in anyone else. He wasn't asking me to delete it, rather just letting me know. I don't know why guys do this. And they ALL do it, they all get irritated if you're talking to someone else.

I can only take the dating sites in small doses, if he doesn't work out I'll take a break from it. I find I don't have the patience anymore to deal with the BS.

He didn't ask you to, but he expects you to reciprocate. Too bad he's about to have his feelings hurt. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I've been on both sides of this equation before with 2 different guys.

And I don't think I am sending him mixed signals. I am very clear in that "I like you but I have a problem with xyz. Fix it and we will see what happens" What's mixed about that? He knows what's going on and if he wants to pretend he doesn't hoping that I will just let things slide he's wrong and that's a conscious decision he's making.

I understand that part. Those aren't what I was referring to. I was talking about the other things you mentioned. But in re-reading your post a few times, it might just be that he is choosing to perceive your actions a certain way and not the way you intended. Hence him being confused about your definition of a break vs. his.

Sorry for the mix-up!

Right! They are mad annoying with that. And then it's always those ones that NEVER reciprocate, or if they do it's always just one pic. Maybe two. All poor quality or old. And then they act like sending you those 2 measly pics took everything out of them and you should be grateful. And you bet not fix your face to ask them for any more.

Meanwhile they could start a catalog with all the pics they be asking for. *sucks teeth and rolls eyes* Nah. :lachen:

And another thing.... I hate a old "send me a pic" dude. Like that's the first thing they lead with in conversation. That's rude af. But I got something for them. I'm going to start asking them to send me a bank statement. :lachen:

LMBO at asking for a bank statement when they starting requesting a pic.love it! :lachen::lachen::cheers:

Please don’t quote

This is way off topic but I had to tell someone.

My friend recently started driving for Uber. She got up early to move her car for alternate side parking.

Some white woman tapped on her window and asked if she was an Uber driver. She said yes. Miss Ann then decided to yell and scream at my friend and complain about where she was parking. She threatens to call the police. My friend just looked at her and waved her off.

The woman is taking pics of her car (a rental) and her face.

She continues to talk her trash. My crazy friend then gets out of her car and slams the woman to the ground by her book bag. She sees the look of fear in the woman’s eyes and is satisfied.

The next time my friend looks up the woman is gone.

I listen to the whole story. Agree that miss Ann was out of line. Then I let my friend know that she was WRONG!

Y’all this girl was shocked. She didn’t know what she did wrong. I tell her that it is never ok to put hands on someone especially if it’s not in self defense.

My friend is beautiful and friendly ...not someone who anyone thinks would drive an Uber or body slam a stranger. I don’t know her to be violent and I have known her more than a decade.

All this happened before 8am btw.

I just had to get that out. Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

I am so sick of people “selling” to women all this relationship crap. I can fix myself a million times- if the choices I have to choose from are crap, then I will STILL be single.

How about some men read these books and improve THEMSELVES.
No- they don’t want to do that. Why? Because they are men and feel like they don’t need to take any advice.
Just like they don’t want to ask for directions.
Just like they don’t ask you how they can fill your sexual fantasies.

People constantly expect the woman to twist in 20 different ways but won’t hold men accountable. And when they do- men cry that we are difficult.

This response is to someone who just came in my inbox saying and I quote “My content is for professional women who know what they want and I help them get that KING OR MAN.
You can’t help me.
Help those men be what I want- then we can talk.

@shespoison this woman took pics making her easily identifiable and she still went ahead and handled her?
It makes no sense to me.

I asked her what she was thinking and she said “nothing at all.”

She has a history of responding inappropriately to almost everything. This right here was just beyond what I thought she was capable of.

She offered to pick me up from work today but...I declined. I can talk to her and laugh on the phone but I don’t usually see her in person, even though we live close.

She seems unfazed by it all. She was talking like the incident is over and done. I hope it is but I doubt it.

I am so sick of people “selling” to women all this relationship crap. I can fix myself a million times- if the choices I have to choose from are crap, then I will STILL be single.

How about some men read these books and improve THEMSELVES.
No- they don’t want to do that. Why? Because they are men and feel like they don’t need to take any advice.
Just like they don’t want to ask for directions.
Just like they don’t ask you how they can fill your sexual fantasies.

People constantly expect the woman to twist in 20 different ways but won’t hold men accountable. And when they do- men cry that we are difficult.

This response is to someone who just came in my inbox saying and I quote “My content is for professional women who know what they want and I help them get that KING OR MAN.
You can’t help me.
Help those men be what I want- then we can talk.

Periodt!

My ex sent me a text today with a counting down gif letting me know he knows my birthday is coming up. He asked me if he could take me out to celebrate. I have no feelings for him or about him so I absent mindedly wrote back sure I'll let you know when. This fool gonna say Sunday evening? Sunday is my birthday. You think I won't have anything better to do on the actual day other than hanging out with you when we haven't seen each other in ages? Um sorry sir not happening.

I just got asked on a date.

Really interesting because I been “discussing” (read as arguing) online with men regarding them being providers and then dude hops in my inbox and asks me out to lunch. I had to shift moods.
This guy read one of my posts on an entrepreneur thread in the DMV Singles group. Told me he is a lawyer and has been (self employed) practicing for about 20 years and since I am a new entrepreneur, he would love to connect over lunch.

Crazy part- he was very forward, set up the date, time, and place all within 5 minutes.
He looks handsome- doesn’t look older than 40- at most 45 but being self employed for 20 years would put him as being an attorney at 25. I don’t see how that can happen. So I am going to need to find out his age and his situation - he might be older. If anything, maybe he can connect me with other men of his caliber.

I just got asked on a date.

Really interesting because I been “discussing” (read as arguing) online with men regarding them being providers and then dude hops in my inbox and asks me out to lunch. I had to shift moods.
This guy read one of my posts on an entrepreneur thread in the DMV Singles group. Told me he is a lawyer and has been (self employed) practicing for about 20 years and since I am a new entrepreneur, he would love to connect over lunch.

Crazy part- he was very forward, set up the date, time, and place all within 5 minutes.
He looks handsome- doesn’t look older than 40- at most 45 but being self employed for 20 years would put him as being an attorney at 25. I don’t see how that can happen. So I am going to need to find out his age and his situation - he might be older. If anything, maybe he can connect me with other men of his caliber.

Im excited for you! Lol when's the date?

@movingforward13 I was a licensed attorney at 25! Graduated undergrad at 22 and went straight to law school. It can happen!
Gotcha- thanks.

I went snooping on his page and he mentioned to someone they brought back 40 years of memories on a post two years ago- so I am going to guess he is about 50 ish. I guess I will just keep him around for any perks he can provide. He definitely doesn’t look his age.

Back