A friend invited me to an event/party this weekend that looks like it will be fun, but none of my other friends can or want to go and events where I don't know anyone but the person who invited me give me such anxiety. But I do actually want to go. It would be the perfect opportunity to wear a pair of thotty shorts and get cute and possibly meet someone. Sigh. I'll give myself until the morning to make a decision
I ended up going, but I was SO late. I got there 40 min before it ended. First things first, I needed to get a drink. I ordered, and then the beside me ordered the same thing and I ask him about it and we made friendly banter. When the bartender came back and asked whether it was together or seperate he said SEPARATE! so I got my drink and got the hell on :rolleyes: :lol:
On the edge of the dance floor nursing my drink and doing my two-step :happydance: another dude comes and is just way too touchy feely and asking me all kinds of questions and wanting to know if I'm going to leave with him. No. No I'm not. Plus the lighting wasn't good and I couldn't get a good view of his face :look: I was able to shake him
Just before the party ended I ordered another drink and had to gulp it down quickly before they kicked everybody out and another guy at the bar asked me what I was drinking. I told him to grab a straw and try it and we kinda flirted. Then he asked me for my instagram :huh: I was thinking yep, I'm too old for you :lol:

So didn't meet mr right or even mr right now, but it was nice to actually flirt and get practice meeting guys organically because I'm done with apps :drunk:

Trying to wean myself off a great guy that I was dating, started to grow strong feelings for, but began to notice after awhile that something was off. When I confronted him, he was completely transparent about the fact that he may have prematurely started dating again because he was still in love with his Ex. We amicably decided to part ways, because I told him he owed it to himself to see if he could reconcile with his ex; from time to time he'll send me a msg saying hi, and check in on me but that's about it.

I HATE to admit this with every fiber of my being, but I feel shattered. I miss him. My feelings were clearly stronger than I anticipated, so I just feel so miserable.

Last edited:
So I celebrated my birthday this weekend and Pool Party dude went above and beyond the call of duty:p

I had plans to get a VIP spot at a club but had a last minute expense and decided not to but he told me "Don't worry I got you", I also had dinner planned for friends prior to the club but when we got there the power was out:cry3: and I was so bummed and confused on what to do. I called him super upset & once again he said "Don't worry, I got you"

He called around to 5 or 6 different restaurants and got a last minute reservation for me and all my friends then at the end of dinner he said he had to use the restroom then came back with a surprise birthday desert, it was so cute.

When we got to the club they were being jerks and not wanting to let me in because I forgot my host pass:rolleyes: but he came through AGAIN and got me and everyone in, then paid for a bottle and extra drinks for me and all my girls.

And to TOP IT ALL off my friends lost their keys and he went to pick them up at 4:00am with NO complaints and brought them back to my house even though it was a major buzzkill for our night cap plans:look::blondboob:.

Yesterday was my actual birthday and he cash apped me some money, sent a surprise Birthday edible arrangement yesterday and a certificate for a massage:2inlove:

I guess I'll change his name in my phone now:lachen:

Trying to ween myself off a great guy that I was dating, started to grow strong feelings for, but began to notice after awhile that something was off. When I confronted him, he was completely transparent about the fact that he may have prematurely started dating again because he was still in love with his Ex. We amicably decided to part ways, because I told him he owed it to himself to see if he could reconcile with his ex; from time to time he'll send me a msg saying hi, and check in on me but that's about it.

I HATE to admit this with every fiber of my being, but I feel shattered. I miss him. My feelings were clearly stronger than I anticipated, so I just feel so miserable.

Awwww I'm sorry to hear you're hurting :bighug: that was incredibly selfish of him to start dating again when he wasn't emotionally ready.

So I celebrated my birthday this weekend and Pool Party dude went above and beyond the call of duty:p

I had plans to get a VIP spot at a club but had a last minute expense and decided not to but he told me "Don't worry I got you", I also had dinner planned for friends prior to the club but when we got there the power was out:cry3: and I was so bummed and confused on what to do. I called him super upset & once again he said "Don't worry, I got you"

He called around to 5 or 6 different restaurants and got a last minute reservation for me and all my friends then at the end of dinner he said he had to use the restroom then came back with a surprise birthday desert, it was so cute.

When we got to the club they were being jerks and not wanting to let me in because I forgot my host pass:rolleyes: but he came through AGAIN and got me and everyone in, then paid for a bottle and extra drinks for me and all my girls.

And to TOP IT ALL off my friends lost their keys and he went to pick them up at 4:00am with NO complaints and brought them back to my house even though it was a major buzzkill for our night cap plans:look::blondboob:.

Yesterday was my actual birthday and he cash apped me some money, sent a surprise Birthday edible arrangement yesterday and a certificate for a massage:2inlove:

WOW! He sounds like a winner! Congrats!!!

Awwww I'm sorry to hear you're hurting :bighug: that was incredibly selfish of him to start dating again when he wasn't emotionally ready.

Don't wanna make it seem like I'm caping for him and swooping to his rescue - though I'm sure it seems that way, lol, but when we discussed everything, he genuinely felt he was ready to move on but had only had those feelings resurface these past few months (they shared some especially significant ones in the summertime when they were together) and it was hard for him to shake off.

But anyway. I'm just going to leave it at that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could kick this feeling that mimics heartburn and a boulder in the pit of my stomach? :nono: I just need a bit of peace atm.

@outspokenwallflower I'm so sorry that happened. I know I've been guilty of trying to get back out there when I wasn't ready and I'm sure I've been called some not so nice names when the story is relayed from the other person's point of view. The only thing you can do for yourself now is treat yourself good during this time and know that since you were able to grow a connection with someone like this then it surely will happen again with someone else. Feel better. :bighug:

Trying to ween myself off a great guy that I was dating, started to grow strong feelings for, but began to notice after awhile that something was off. When I confronted him, he was completely transparent about the fact that he may have prematurely started dating again because he was still in love with his Ex. We amicably decided to part ways, because I told him he owed it to himself to see if he could reconcile with his ex; from time to time he'll send me a msg saying hi, and check in on me but that's about it.

I'm so sorry to hear that. It must have been incredibly disappointing for him to reveal the reason why he'd been acting "off". Although it doesn't feel that way right now, you saved yourself a world of hurt/heartache later on. Try to give yourself some TLC and time to heal, it's understandable to feel hurt because you had genuine feelings for him. That says that your heart was in the right place for both him AND yourself by letting him go. :bighug:

Congrats!! Lol
Lol Thanks, I think. :lol:
You guess and kinda?

We’re gonna need some more information!
So he and I had another conversation on Monday and this time since it has been a few months I didn't feel as bothered as when he first brought up being exclusive. So in this conversation he opened up even more! When I thought he had already been completely open with me. But as he was talking everything started to click. It was like watching all the pieces move around and find their place. I asked a lot of questions because my initial reaction to some of the things he was saying was uh no I probably won't be able to do this. One of the less serious examples being he can be needy and feeling like he's disappearing around people with larger personalities sometimes. I assured him I'm not really interested in a life of the party kinda guy that has to be the center of attention but did tell him I'm not really built for needy men and I can be short tempered and annoyed easily by that. (This seems to be why some our slight miscommunications/disagreements have happened but it makes sense now)

Another being him saying he felt like I was closed off after the first time I brought up what I considered a bad habit at the time and him being worried about that. We finally hashed that out and closed the conversation because now I kinda feel like poo but I just said I understood and we moved on.

At one point he said he felt like I was putting the conversation all on him and I reluctantly let him know ALL my fears/concerns about the relationship when I was keeping some things close to the chest and just watching. But yeah I made sure to ask questions and so did he and at the end of everything we both seemed to do a silent sigh of relief. I felt very close to him after and he said the same.

We were sitting there for a few minutes after and he goes "I gotcha!" with a wink and I just said "I guess" :lol: And here we are.

You are my spirit animal. I say the same thing to my girls when they get excited for me about a guy. "Girl he aight", gotta keep them humble.

I had a really good date Saturday nite. Dinner, drinks, convo... he is a staple. His actions don't match what he thinks he wants from me and I am not interested in what he wants. He is a good time and I have been clear about not being interested in the rlp he wants. He doesn't seem to mind or he thinks he can wear me down.

Coworker was low key flirting, I guess to see if I would bite, but I didn't. While I'm sure he can make me happy physically :look:, his past actions make it clear that he is not looking for anything serious.

latest

So my boyfriend has moved back to my state. He's been living here for 9 days and we haven't colored since July. I planned to spend the night tonight because I was finally free for the whole wknd and then Aunt Flow showed up. He's like we can just play video games and watch movies. I'm like naw kid I'm staying home, we can play video games on the phone like normal. Now he has an attitude :spinning:

awwwww he's a sweetie! Happy belated birthday sis!

Don't let aunt flow ruin your fun, https://flexfits.com/
Thank me later!

So my boyfriend has moved back to my state. He's been living here for 9 days and we haven't colored since July. I planned to spend the night tonight because I was finally free for the whole wknd and then Aunt Flow showed up. He's like we can just play video games and watch movies. I'm like naw kid I'm staying home, we can play video games on the phone like normal. Now he has an attitude :spinning:

So I might like this. I've never wanted to try any of the cups or anything. They just seemed too difficult to use to me but I might not hate this. I'm not sure about a subscription service though.
It was easy to get out of the subscription. It didn't work for me for my period but for period-coloring it is A-1.

There is a similar product in drugstores, it's been around for a while. It was my gateway to menstrual cups. I think the name starts with a D. Anyone know it?

I still didn't like the disposable aspect so I moved on to the cup.
I couldn't find them locally this was the next best thing.

Back