@feferity

Remember how shocked I was you were in OKC? Lol
I lived in Abilene for a while so I know about dry places
I feel you are wasting away there but I know you are have things to get done and are making plans to move.
I'm going to be so happy the day you let us know you are finally leaving.

@feferity

Remember how shocked I was you were in OKC? Lol
I lived in Abilene for a while so I know about dry places
I feel you are wasting away there but I know you are have things to get done and are making plans to move.
I'm going to be so happy the day you let us know you are finally leaving.
Omg haha, I remember that convo. Yeah unfortunately I'm still here and stuck here (professionally) until at least next August. I am really trying to maximize my "face time" by going out of town whenever I can. Dallas or Houston are usually my best options, trying Austin for the first time in awhile.

Oklahoma is so bad that I can count on one hand how many dates I've been on in the last 3 years. My last relationship, I met my ex while on vacation in Puerto Rico. He lived in DC at the time so we did long distance for a year. I don't mind a long distance relationship because I've accepted that is the best I can do until I leave :drunk::(

Until then, I'm strategically posting my best pics to IG and hoping decent guys slide in my DMs :look: This strategy seems to work for some of the black sugar babies I follow :abducted:

So..... I met Pool party’s friends for the first time and it was mainly all dudes with a few chicks mixed in, one was a black woman and she was very friendly and nice.

The other was a white chick that was dating his best friend and y’all........ So he’s very playful and gave this extra dramatic and grand introduction & all his boys laughed then commenced to shaking my hand and asking the obligatory getting to know you questions, but the whole time he was introducing me the white chick was rolling her eyes and making a stank face.

I was watching her with my eyebrows raised wondering what her issue was but then her man started asking me questions so I turned around to talk to him and she walked over to pool party and said

“Wow...I’m disgusted, you’ve never brought a woman around our group before.”

141850FF-2888-4EEE-B70D-0DA5F35BFF74.gif

I turned around like “Excuse me Becky?” and was legit going to cuss him out too because my first thought was “Oh y’all must be messing around” , but I saw that hood side come out that he tries to hide and he told her “AY watch your mouth when it comes to her and mind your ******* business” then told his boy “control your *****”........ It was kind of sexy :look: but I was still suspicious and annoyed.

After we left his best friend called to apologize and told Pool party she was pissed at him because she has tried to put him on her white friend that likes him then he brought me around and it was like a slap in the face :rolleyes: ....

Quiet as it’s kept I wouldn’t be shocked if they were having/had an affair behind ol dude’s back but I also know how Becky’s think they have claim to these black men.

I’ll be watching and listening closely:bat:

Last edited:
@UniquelyDivine Wow!!!
She had the mother... excuse me, cousin ****** nerve making a scene like that!

Interesting choice of course words too. “Disgusted.” :mad:

It’s nice that he immediately took up for you, but I most certainly wouldn’t want to kick it with his friends any time soon.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The bold has me so tickled

But right??? I was like “disgusted”?!??? If she would’ve said “shocked, surprised, flustered, flabbergasted, pollywinked” or any other myriad of words I wouldn’t have batted an eye but that word choice truly threw me off.

Oh I already told him don’t invite me out to be around your friends if she is going to be there, I don’t have time for that. I’m a lady but :look: you only going to try me so many times before I act up.

His best friends advice to me was “She’s white so you know how they are, don’t trip”.....then why are you with her sir?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The bold has me so tickled

But right??? I was like “disgusted”?!??? If she would’ve said “shocked, surprised, flustered, flabbergasted, pollywinked” or any other myriad of words I wouldn’t have batted an eye but that word choice truly threw me off.

Oh I already told him don’t invite me out to be around your friends if she is going to be there, I don’t have time for that. I’m a lady but :look: you only going to try me so many times before I act up.

His best friends advice to me was “She’s white so you know how they are, don’t trip”.....then why are you with her sir?
:barf:

I would side eye his friend. Don’t give me advice when she the one without couth.

I’m going to Austin this weekend, let’s hope Tinder/Bumble gives me something to work with. Living in Oklahoma is basically the kiss of death when it comes to dating. Have been on 0 dates since my relationship ended, and not from lack of trying :rolleyes: This place is just DRY. I’m stuck here for at least another year tho unfortunately, so I have to make my trips out of town count :lachen:

My gf is going with me, we are staying at a really nice hotel and plan to do happy hour/dinner at a few upscale spots. I prefer meeting men organically rather than online/through apps.
The bolded is my city. The Black population is 2%... I'm here for med school... 2 years left and then I'm out! I feel your pain girl!

I'm going on a date tomorrow that was kind of set up by my brother's mother-in-law lol. The guy lives in her building and she mentioned him to me... He was already following me on instagram, she told him I was single and I guess that gave him the courage to slide in the dms. I'm honestly not sure about him looks wise, and he has no recent pictures online, but bro's MIL raves about him, so I'll give it a shot.

Omg haha, I remember that convo. Yeah unfortunately I'm still here and stuck here (professionally) until at least next August. I am really trying to maximize my "face time" by going out of town whenever I can. Dallas or Houston are usually my best options, trying Austin for the first time in awhile.

Oklahoma is so bad that I can count on one hand how many dates I've been on in the last 3 years. My last relationship, I met my ex while on vacation in Puerto Rico. He lived in DC at the time so we did long distance for a year. I don't mind a long distance relationship because I've accepted that is the best I can do until I leave :drunk::(

Until then, I'm strategically posting my best pics to IG and hoping decent guys slide in my DMs :look: This strategy seems to work for some of the black sugar babies I follow :abducted:
I follow you on IG and I would definitely be sliding into your DMs, you know, if I was a guy:eyebrows2:....:giggle:
:look: This strategy seems to work for some of the black sugar babies I follow :abducted:
Black sugar babies:curtain:

Last edited:
:bighug: What happened?
:bighug: What happened?

This man that I used to see tried to slide back in my life. He wanted to try again talking about he loves me and blah blah blah.

I’m told him I wasn’t sure about that because he wasn’t consistent enough and he didn’t take the time to make plans.

So he set up a dinner date for Wednesday. He didn’t confirm the night before so in my head it was cancelled. He ended until calling first thing in the morning.

He told me we were going to the movies and I said “I thought it was dinner?” And he said we can do both.

Then this

587DA414-7C09-415E-BD93-35E4DD319365.jpeg EF967742-41A9-4E2F-A2D1-8C6556A46552.jpeg 8D085FD4-7784-4052-9910-BB032634F4F5.jpeg

Boy whet? You’re trying to date me!! Ugh.

On Friday I saw him at the local bar and didn’t even look his way. All his friends came and hugged me and I know he was salty. I keep forgetting how ridiculous he is. He tells the whole world he “loves” me but then acts like a fool. Bye, Ashy!

I also got told off in the middle of a networking event. I ran into someone who I briefly dated earlier this year. He said hello and then started to tell me how I hurt him. I was shocked and mildly embarrassed. I can kind of see why he was upset but we only went on like 3 dates in the span of about a month. I never even kissed this man. I don’t know why I felt wrong even if I know I really wasn’t.

The last thing I’m not even ready to talk about because I’m still in the middle of it. Im usually always happy no matter what nonsense is going on. This week I just feel gross.

This man that I used to see tried to slide back in my life. He wanted to try again talking about he loves me and blah blah blah.

I’m told him I wasn’t sure about that because he wasn’t consistent enough and he didn’t take the time to make plans.

So he set up a dinner date for Wednesday. He didn’t confirm the night before so in my head it was cancelled. He ended until calling first thing in the morning.

He told me we were going to the movies and I said “I thought it was dinner?” And he said we can do both.

Then this

View attachment 433135 View attachment 433137 View attachment 433139

Boy whet? You’re trying to date me!! Ugh.

On Friday I saw him at the local bar and didn’t even look his way. All his friends came and hugged me and I know he was salty. I keep forgetting how ridiculous he is. He tells the whole world he “loves” me but then acts like a fool. Bye, Ashy!

I also got told off in the middle of a networking event. I ran into someone who I briefly dated earlier this year. He said hello and then started to tell me how I hurt him. I was shocked and mildly embarrassed. I can kind of see why he was upset but we only went on like 3 dates in the span of about a month. I never even kissed this man. I don’t know why I felt wrong even if I know I really wasn’t.

The last thing I’m not even ready to talk about because I’m still in the middle of it. Im usually always happy no matter what nonsense is going on. This week I just feel gross.
Wow what a freaking jerk. It not only "sounds" like he's not serious about winning you back, but wants to take the laziest approach possible in order to tell himself "at least I tried". This is a clear case in which actions speak louder than words. That other guy was doing way too much approaching you like that at a net-working event. Not only was that an inappropriate time and place, but after only 3 dates? Smh. o_O

I'm so sorry that you feel this way, don't let these clowns dim your light girl.:bighug:

Another coworker that had a crush on me before seems to be re-trying. He texted me the other day asking me to meet for coffee. I didn't reply, and he came to talk to me towards the end of the work day. He was super awkward - I couldn't figure out what on earth he wanted. It's like he wanted me to mention the text he sent, but didn't want to mention it himself. I was busy and tired and after a long awkwardness he got the point and left. He's very sweet, less than a year younger than me, lots going for him but just not what I want. My other coworker says it's because I like guys who treat me like crap - oh brother. I like guys who leave me alone.

I think this is like day 10 of PMS. I have softened up on the former ex-coworker, but that's due to the side of PMS that craves physical interaction. Or abuse. Who knows. We did go through a lot, and I think about the powerful team we made when it came to work. Outside of work though, I would never want any sort of personal relationship. I have no intention of trying to meet up with him, I'm just being a little bit nicer.

What do we say to dating or sleeping with coworkers? DON'T EVER DO IT!!!!

Him being a coworker aside. Why do you like guys who leave you alone? Have you done any soul searching about that?

Most of what I've found is that I'm an introvert who loves solitude. I spend enough time around people at work, so by the end of the day I kind of want to be left to my devices. I like someone to be there if I need to talk, or someone who will call if they need some one to talk to, but I just don't want to spend all of my time with someone or deal with someone who is constantly needing my attention.

@sunflora Do you think you might be emotionally unavailable?

I'm pretty sure I am. I never used to be, but lately that seems like an accurate description. :/

Back