I spent the entire weekend with pool party bae and we had so much fun together, he’s so darn corny and literal but I find it endearing :laugh:

On Sunday the topic of other people came up and he told me he stopped talking to other women because he’s just focused on me then proceeded to show me all the unanswered/ignored texts in his phone.

I told him “Ok, cool”

giphy.gif

I think he was expecting me to say “I’ve been doing that too” so when I didn’t respond in kind he started pouting & said “I thought you liked me and we’ve been vibing” but I explained to him that I don’t cut other people off no matter how much I like someone and if he wants me to himself then he needs to speak up and make his intentions clear, otherwise I’m going to keep behaving as a SINGLE woman.

So......I have a Bf now :laugh:

I sensed it was heading this way so I’m fine with it however; I explained to him that if he’s just doing it to save his ego then don’t bother and he told me it’s not, it’s just that he’s never had to speak up and outright claim a woman before.

I’m still not deleting any of these men out my phone tho :look: you just never know.
:laugh: Congrats!

Do you want to be exclusive with him?

I spent the entire weekend with pool party bae and we had so much fun together, he’s so darn corny and literal but I find it endearing :laugh:

On Sunday the topic of other people came up and he told me he stopped talking to other women because he’s just focused on me then proceeded to show me all the unanswered/ignored texts in his phone.

I told him “Ok, cool”

giphy.gif

I think he was expecting me to say “I’ve been doing that too” so when I didn’t respond in kind he started pouting & said “I thought you liked me and we’ve been vibing” but I explained to him that I don’t cut other people off no matter how much I like someone and if he wants me to himself then he needs to speak up and make his intentions clear, otherwise I’m going to keep behaving as a SINGLE woman.

So......I have a Bf now :laugh:

I sensed it was heading this way so I’m fine with it however; I explained to him that if he’s just doing it to save his ego then don’t bother and he told me it’s not, it’s just that he’s never had to speak up and outright claim a woman before.

I’m still not deleting any of these men out my phone tho :look: you just never know.
And the church said Amen! Lol

:laugh: Congrats!

Do you want to be exclusive with him?

Thank you! :laugh: Maybe we can double date when you get here!!

I was honestly cool either way ( I know that sounds weird), but it was only because I told myself I wouldn't let another dude mess up my summer pimpin like last year :bat:but he has been pretty clear with his intentions ( aside from me making him speak up the other day) & he spoils me so I figure if nothing else we will have a lot of fun together .

It's funny to me because I use to ignore this poor man and would barely/rarely respond to him but he never let that stop him; his consistency and sweetness is what made me finally be like "Ugh, ok you can take me out :rolleyes: lemme go on and get this free meal".

Next thing I knew I was genuinely liking his corny self. :assimilate:

I was honestly cool either way ( I know that sounds weird), but it was only because I told myself I wouldn't let another dude mess up my summer pimpin like last year :bat:but he has been pretty clear with his intentions ( aside from me making him speak up the other day) & he spoils me so I figure if nothing else we will have a lot of fun together .

It's funny to me because I use to ignore this poor man and would barely/rarely respond to him but he never let that stop him; his consistency and sweetness is what made me finally be like "Ugh, ok you can take me out :rolleyes: lemme go on and get this free meal".

*searches for thotty/classy outfit for double-date*

woot woot!! congrats!! now can you please upgrade him in your phone from "pool boy"??? :lachen:he may cry if he sees that on your phone :lol:

Y'all I have never been stood up in my life...until tonight! So many firsts for me this go around with dating. First the guy who asked me to pay and now this. So homeboy texted me asking if we could switch the place. I said ok but if he was trying to text anything else I had bad service and it was possible he was going to get my messages like 3 times. He sent the obligatory "lol" and that was that.

So a half hour later I get to the place and tell him I'm there. He writes back "??? You're there? When you didn't respond I assumed it was a no and just got on the train to go home" :eek::lachen: So I was like I sent you a message and you replied lol. He said that was in response to an earlier text. Smh Nothing else. No apology. No let's reschedule. That was it.

When the waitress came and asked if it was just me I was sitting there like:oops: So I kindly called #1 and told him to come meet me. He came running and then we went to the movies after. We also had the talk tonight. He told me what he was expecting out of our relationship and he was ready to be exclusive if I was. I told him I wanted the same things he wanted but I didn't want to be exclusive just yet if that was alright. He didn't exactly say it was alright but he said he feels he's made his feelings clear and the ball is in my court. I am enjoying meeting and talking to other people at the moment plus I haven't had a chance to see how he manages his bad habit yet so I'm gonna hold him off for now. But good to know he's headed in the right direction.

Do you guys think the age difference between a 21 year old man and 25 year old woman is too big?
We have similar nostalgia and life experiences, but I'm sort of self conscious about being "old".

tenor.gif

Nope :laugh: But I added an emoji, that’s a step up.
Eeeee....
I remember reading this post and laughing about changing ppls names...
I never do it, until the man is very important to me...

But guys!!!! I played myself this week, and sent a screenshot of some earlier texts to prove a point...
And the only thing he could focus on for the day was what I had saved his name under.

He didn't take it too well...
:(

We're all good now.... I think...lololol

Do you guys think the age difference between a 21 year old man and 25 year old woman is too big?
We have similar nostalgia and life experiences, but I'm sort of self conscious about being "old".
it's just 4 years between you two. And you're only 25....how are you old? Because you're older than him?
The biggest thing to look into is the maturity difference.
Some 21 year olds are just now able to drink legally and really feel like an adult, where a 25 year old has just a few years into it. But again...it's the maturity, life goals, and what both of you are looking for.
I think it would be something to raise eyebrows over if you were 30+ and he was 21.
But I don't have issues with women dating younger men in general. Young guys are fun. But it's another story if you're trying to make a husband out of them

Eeeee....

But guys!!!! I played myself this week, and sent a screenshot of some earlier texts to prove a point...
And the only thing he could focus on for the day was what I had saved his name under.

That's funny Lol.

Eeeee....

:giggle: This is why I don't send screenshots anymore. I had a whole boyfriend and he was saved in my phone as "that dude" and I never changed it. I never ever heard the end of it. Up until we broke up he was still telling people that story. Smh

Eeeee....

I always make sure I crop out the name :laugh: So I don’t have to deal with butt hurtness, they’re so sensitive

:giggle: This is why I don't send screenshots anymore. I had a whole boyfriend and he was saved in my phone as "that dude" and I never changed it. I never ever heard the end of it. Up until we broke up he was still telling people that story. Smh

Y'know what???,
This may go down like that if we ever break up...
He'll be like girl... you never saved me in your phone anyway...

Lol... I'm only embarrassed by the fact that I played myself (and he found out)....not because i did it... :giggle:

So I’ve been dating this guy since April, and around June we decided to be exclusive. He previously got out of a relationship back in February so I was fine with the dating and not rushing to be together. I make sure I ask questions and everything so that we are on the same page. Fast forward to Saturday we are BBQ’n and I go in the kitchen and he hasn’t closed his phone and his text thread is up. Of course I read it & I become extremely upset. The girl states I wish I was there and his reply was if you were I’d be all up on you. So I go off 0 to 100 real quick and his only defense is we aren’t in a relationship and I said you wanted to be exclusive which meant focusing on me & us. He says it was harmless flirting, he understands how inconsiderate it was, he will stop and he’s sorry.

How should I move forward, I feel like I’m going backwards I might has well take this as a lesson learned be friends and move on? What to do ladies?

I’m going to Austin this weekend, let’s hope Tinder/Bumble gives me something to work with. Living in Oklahoma is basically the kiss of death when it comes to dating. Have been on 0 dates since my relationship ended, and not from lack of trying :rolleyes: This place is just DRY. I’m stuck here for at least another year tho unfortunately, so I have to make my trips out of town count :lachen:

My gf is going with me, we are staying at a really nice hotel and plan to do happy hour/dinner at a few upscale spots. I prefer meeting men organically rather than online/through apps.

Back