Had a date today. I just threw on anything, my hair is a mess and I arrived 15 minutes late (not on purpose). I was not invested really but I wanted to get out of the house today. Turns out this guy is so sweet, nice and decent. He was funny as hell, smart and artistic. We talked about everything under the sun and only talked about work very briefly. After, we went for a walk so we could talk some more. He walked me to the subway and he asked me out for Tuesday night while he was waiting with me. My knee jerk reaction was to say not but then thought why not? I enjoyed his company enough to do this again.

I'm on my train ride home and I'm thinking to myself so this is what a normal first date looks like huh? It has been so long since I've had one. The last good date I had was with a sexy, smart, financially stable man who told me he didn't want children. So today I was standing there waiting to be disappointed about something or have something to complain about. I don't have anything yet. So maybe I'll put a little effort on Tuesday.

In the meantime, let me start building this roster. That was one of the reason I didn't want to date. Didn't want to have to maintain a roster. But I know myself, I need other men to distract me. I could have all the activities in the world but if I only have one man nothing will keep me from focusing on him...but another man. Sad to say but that is the way it is.

my friends are getting annoyed with because the guy i've been dating is taking up a lot of my free time. so they keep saying "ohhh no i won't be getting serious with no one this summer they gone have to wait & i'm like okay". why is it we want to be in relationships so bad but also want to stay single?

@AnjelLuvsUBabe Um, I’ve been out of the dating scene for a while, but what the heck is an ethically non monogamous relationship? None of those words make sense to me:lachen:
ME TOOO! I had to google and ask a male friend, who stated "Basically an open relationship, Or they like each other but would rather be sleeping with everyone?"

These dudes getting creative with their spicy wording, F outta here... :perplexed:

ME TOOO! I had to google and ask a male friend, who stated "Basically an open relationship, Or they like each other but would rather be sleeping with everyone?"

These dudes getting creative with their spicy wording, F outta here... :perplexed:
The first time i saw this on OKC i was like wtf is this????
Then i sat down and broke down the words....ohh you mean a open relationship. Geese and peas just say so i don't want to have to keep guessing and googling these made up statuses.
Just be single, sane and straight and i can take it from there.

This garbage man who look like he was sitting in the truck with his partner on break, asked me “did I need something to do with my phone?”

Seriously y’all I cannot make this foolery up.

I hate standing on the bus stop near my son’s school.

So had first date with prospect #2 last night. He was attractive but boring as hell. He should be interesting considering we have things in common, he's smart, accomplished and all that but I was so bored. We ended on a good note though and he asked to see me today. I told him I couldn't (tonight is date #2 with the guy from Sunday) so he said he was free on Thursday and Friday. Thursday I am volunteering but I really didn't want to give him a Friday night because after this boring first date I don't want to spend a warm Friday night watching paint dry...but I agreed anyway. *Sigh*

I was just coming to post this, the "I don't know what kind of dudes you used to dealing with..." line is so on point :lachen:

And me and my friend were just talking about all the "open relationships" on dating sites all of a sudden. When did this get so popular? I would never.
polygamy. non monogamous committed relationships. whatever. Women are living by the idea that it's better to have a piece of a man then no man at all.

So had first date with prospect #2 last night. He was attractive but boring as hell. He should be interesting considering we have things in common, he's smart, accomplished and all that but I was so bored. We ended on a good note though and he asked to see me today. I told him I couldn't (tonight is date #2 with the guy from Sunday) so he said he was free on Thursday and Friday. Thursday I am volunteering but I really didn't want to give him a Friday night because after this boring first date I don't want to spend a warm Friday night watching paint dry...but I agreed anyway. *Sigh*

I can't wait to hear how the date with the prospect #1 goes!

I can't wait to hear how the date with the prospect #1 goes!
Fingas crossed! I hope he opens up and lets loose on you! :grin:

You don’t sleep with everyone :look:

Both men and women who are poly approach dating equally the same in the sense that it’s stated up front to avoid contention.

And it’s actually not as bad as one would think.

On the train smiling to myself thinking about my date last night. And if I could see myself I would be looking at myself like :rolleyes:

We went out for drinks and shut the bar down. We looked up and the place was completely empty except the 2 of us. I didn't plan on giving him that much time but it really flew by. We talked and talked like old friends but that flirty, mysterious vibe was still there if I'm explaining that right. I found myself pulling out all my old flirting tricks smh And he had some of his own! So I do this thing sometimes if I'm into a guy where I will lean into him like I want to whisper something to him. It's really subtle and I didn't realize I was doing it until he reacted. So he was sitting across from me and when I leaned in he grabbed my hand to keep me close and then caressed the back of my neck :oops::2inlove:. I was like check this guy out lol

When we left the bar I wanted to stay with him longer and he was talking about going to get fried oreos. But instead I told him I was tired and had to get home. So he called me an uber and while we waited he asked when he could see me again.

I have had 3 date nights in a row and I need some me time. And since I'm seeing guy #2 on Friday I told him maybe the weekend. But this weekend is father's day and he is going out of town so it has to be next week. Even better for me. More me time but he's disappointed and wants to see me as soon as he gets back. I need to play it cool on this one so we'll see.

On the train smiling to myself thinking about my date last night. And if I could see myself I would be looking at myself like :rolleyes:

We went out for drinks and shut the bar down. We looked up and the place was completely empty except the 2 of us. I didn't plan on giving him that much time but it really flew by. We talked and talked like old friends but that flirty, mysterious vibe was still there if I'm explaining that right. I found myself pulling out all my old flirting tricks smh And he had some of his own! So I do this thing sometimes if I'm into a guy where I will lean into him like I want to whisper something to him. It's really subtle and I didn't realize I was doing it until he reacted. So he was sitting across from me and when I leaned in he grabbed my hand to keep me close and then caressed the back of my neck :oops::2inlove:. I was like check this guy out lol

When we left the bar I wanted to stay with him longer and he was talking about going to get fried oreos. But instead I told him I was tired and had to get home. So he called me an uber and while we waited he asked when he could see me again.

I have had 3 date nights in a row and I need some me time. And since I'm seeing guy #2 on Friday I told him maybe the weekend. But this weekend is father's day and he is going out of town so it has to be next week. Even better for me. More me time but he's disappointed and wants to see me as soon as he gets back. I need to play it cool on this one so we'll see.

OoooooOOOOO this is exciting! :lol:

Back