I've been seeing someone for the past 2 months. And now I'm wondering whether to drop him :look:.

At the start of last week we set a date to meet on Saturday. I was busy the whole week, so Saturday was the day I had free. On Friday, he had to cancel (for acceptable reasons) but immediately offered for us to reschedule. We agree on Monday or Tuesday.

Earlier today, he asks suggests that we meet tomorrow; I agree. He tells me he'll be on an overnight trip from today until tomorrow; it was a trip a he and a friend had postponed (he told me about it a while back) and they decided now was the time. A few hours later, he asks if there's any chance I might be free on Wednesday as the journey there has been longer than expected and he realises he'll probably be tired tomorrow.

I have yet to respond. I don't plan to meet him on Wednesday. One part of me would like to either 1) communicate where he goof'd and give him the space to rectify this (or not) or 2) simply reply I'm not free on Weds. The other part of me is thinking the easier move would be to say deuces already.

alright i need opinions..
met this guy online back in october 2017, he slid into the DMs n we exchanged numbers. had THE BEST convos for about 3 weeks. he lives in Chicago me in Cali. we made plans for him to come visit the weekend before thanksgiving (he has an airport job and flies free so no biggie) long story short, he didn't end up coming and i was turned off. I didn't ghost him but i sent a long text about how he switched up n i aint had time for it. then i made no other contact attempts.

we didn't talk after that for about a month. we start texting again (briefly) around christmas and he randomly facetimes me on new years and the 3 week cycle starts up again and continues. we really do have good chemistry but it felt like right person wrong time situation u know? we discuss visiting again but it goes nowhere

now its march 2018
i unfollowed him on all SM in Feb and he called me out on it. i asked him what was the point? we were fake friends. he then CALLS me and proceeds to explain how he now has 2 jobs now and has been super busy blah blah. but he really still wants to come meet/visit me.? how? doesn't seem like it. from march to now (June), he doesn't break the contact n texts/calls me at least every 3-4 days. progress?

May 2018
i text him about possibly being my plus 1 to a friends wedding for our first date. go big or go home right? he calls me up n says he'll try to get the weekend off n he'll let me know by that saturday. monday i get a "i got it off :)" text. i was annoyed bc it was notice given 2 days late but at least he did it. are my standards insane? or am i right to be annoyed by that? anyway....

june 1st 2018
i pick him up from the airport.
he actually came, i was juiced af lol. we had an AMAZING weekend. and already discussing a 2nd visit. he is such a gentleman and so handsome. I'm smitten smh lol. i don't want to get too excited just in case he falls back into the same patterns as before

WHAT DO U ALL THINK?? i really want to know your opinions.

pic from this weekend**
Have fun and y'all look cute together i hope it works out for the better.

@growbaby I agree with everyone! You two are very cute together:yep:. My opinion would be to have fun but not take him too seriously unless things really pick up. Long distance plus he’s that guy who’s always super busy makes it difficult to have a serious relationship unless his situation and he changes. But he may be a lot of fun. Just make sure you don’t get too smitten and start taking the lead or pursuing—you are too cute for that.

I've been seeing someone for the past 2 months. And now I'm wondering whether to drop him :look:.

At the start of last week we set a date to meet on Saturday. I was busy the whole week, so Saturday was the day I had free. On Friday, he had to cancel (for acceptable reasons) but immediately offered for us to reschedule. We agree on Monday or Tuesday.

Earlier today, he asks suggests that we meet tomorrow; I agree. He tells me he'll be on an overnight trip from today until tomorrow; it was a trip a he and a friend had postponed (he told me about it a while back) and they decided now was the time. A few hours later, he asks if there's any chance I might be free on Wednesday as the journey there has been longer than expected and he realises he'll probably be tired tomorrow.

I have yet to respond. I don't plan to meet him on Wednesday. One part of me would like to either 1) communicate where he goof'd and give him the space to rectify this (or not) or 2) simply reply I'm not free on Weds. The other part of me is thinking the easier move would be to say deuces already.
Just tell him you are not free on Wednesday. If he's worth anything he will realize where he goofed since he won't be able to see you this week. That is if you want to keep seeing him. 2 months is long enough to kinda let him fix this if you like him enough.

@growbaby I agree with everyone! You two are very cute together:yep:. My opinion would be to have fun but not take him too seriously unless things really pick up. Long distance plus he’s that guy who’s always super busy makes it difficult to have a serious relationship unless his situation and he changes. But he may be a lot of fun. Just make sure you don’t get too smitten and start taking the lead or pursuing—you are too cute for that.
thank you so much! i needed someone to bring me back to reality. hahaha thanks love.

More OkCupid sweet nothings:

"I thank God to be alive today to behold such Beauty of yours, you’re fair, [gimbap] you’re Lovely, you have doves' eyes within thy locks: your hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead

Your teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them

Your lips are like a thread of scarlet, I’m sure your speech would be comely: your temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks

Your two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies

Your lips drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk would under thy tongue

You’re all lovely Sweetie there is no spot in thee

You have ravished my heart with your eyes."

"Lawd hammercy you are beautiful..... got me leaning back singing in my "Coming to America" voice.... shhheeessss mmmyyyy qqquuueeeennnnn tttoooo bbbbeeeeee LOL"

:rolleyes:

"I thank God to be alive today to behold such Beauty of yours, you’re fair, [gimbap] you’re Lovely, you have doves' eyes within thy locks: your hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead

Your teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them

Your lips are like a thread of scarlet, I’m sure your speech would be comely: your temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks

Your two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies

"Lawd hammercy you are beautiful..... got me leaning back singing in my "Coming to America" voice.... shhheeessss mmmyyyy qqquuueeeennnnn tttoooo bbbbeeeeee LOL"

Why does this sound like it comes from Song of Songs :lachen:

:lachen:I'm done.

Just tell him you are not free on Wednesday. If he's worth anything he will realize where he goofed since he won't be able to see you this week. That is if you want to keep seeing him. 2 months is long enough to kinda let him fix this if you like him enough.

I ended up replying to him a few hours after I posted. I didn't see this comment beforehand but I actually ended up taking this route . And indeed — he readily admitted he done goofed and apologised. I'm sitting back and giving him the chance to fix it. So, we'll see. The Nonviolent Communication method for the reply back came in handy. :look:

So almost had another date set for Friday. Another guy from OkC. We talked last night and things sounded good. He seemed nice, seemed intelligent, we had a few things in common and the conversation flowed. Not exciting or anything but decent enough. He asked me out for Friday, I said yes. We ended the conversation. Just now he texted me the name of the place and I asked if we could do a half hour later than what we agreed. He wrote back "That twerks" :confused: Is it weird that I want to cancel now? His response turned me off. I guess it was supposed to be funny and I might have laughed if it was one of my girls or a dude I knew but... I am halfway tempted to ghost.

@LdyKamz
What does that even mean? “That twerks”? Oh never mind. I guess it’s a play on “that works” — I’m slow. I wouldn’t cancel because of that, sounds like he’s being playful to me, but you gotta do what feels best for you.
Yeah he was trying to be cute but it was annoying and I don't know why it seemed like a gross joke to me lol I just haven't responded so I'll leave it there and hopefully I get over it. This is how I behave when I don't want to date.

Yeah he was trying to be cute but it was annoying and I don't know why it seemed like a gross joke to me lol I just haven't responded so I'll leave it there and hopefully I get over it. This is how I behave when I don't want to date.

:yep:

When I'm forcing myself to get back out there, as opposed to really wanting to meet someone, I get annoyed easily.

Not at all trying to tell you how you should/shouldn't feel, but I honestly don't think he meant anything by it. But if that's really where his mind is, you'll find out soon enough.

:rofl: I would cancel honestly. He's either on the DL or a hoodrat.
So almost had another date set for Friday. Another guy from OkC. We talked last night and things sounded good. He seemed nice, seemed intelligent, we had a few things in common and the conversation flowed. Not exciting or anything but decent enough. He asked me out for Friday, I said yes. We ended the conversation. Just now he texted me the name of the place and I asked if we could do a half hour later than what we agreed. He wrote back "That twerks" :confused: Is it weird that I want to cancel now? His response turned me off. I guess it was supposed to be funny and I might have laughed if it was one of my girls or a dude I knew but... I am halfway tempted to ghost.

No chance of a weird auto correct issue or using voice to send a text and having issues?

That is weird tho. I see why it bothers you. What an odd play on words.

I agree, just leave it there and see what happens. Ask him about it in person if you want to know.

Y'all strike 2 with this guy. Just when I was starting to get over "that twerks" he texted me at almost midnight talking about what about downtown Brooklyn? I didn't want to even bother telling him he shouldn't be texting me that late. I just ignored it and planned on answering this morning. Before I could I got another text at 8am with a ?. Lol No! Maybe I'm being too picky but I'm out. I'm not feeling him.

Y'all strike 2 with this guy. Just when I was starting to get over "that twerks" he texted me at almost midnight talking about what about downtown Brooklyn? I didn't want to even bother telling him he shouldn't be texting me that late. I just ignored it and planned on answering this morning. Before I could I got another text at 8am with a ?. Lol No! Maybe I'm being too picky but I'm out. I'm not feeling him.

Yep. Kick him to the curb and keep it moving :). Good for you.

Damn, homie. I tried to go to bat for you and you screwed up again.

I can't help you now. :lol:

Last edited:
@SlimPickinz downtown was going to be a no for me anyway lol Unless we were going some place farther down 5th Street (there is a Mexican place I like on 5th - ever been to Miti Miti?) he would likely walk my behind down to the promenade talking about a romantic walk on the water. It happened to me before! I only do walks on the water in Battery Park during my lunch hour so no thanks.

@SlimPickinz downtown was going to be a no for me anyway lol Unless we were going some place farther down 5th Street (there is a Mexican place I like on 5th - ever been to Miti Miti?) he would likely walk my behind down to the promenade talking about a romantic walk on the water. It happened to me before! I only do walks on the water in Battery Park during my lunch hour so no thanks.
I love miti miti. The sangrita gets me lit everytime!

Back