So I let the very nice French chap kiss me. I’m still asking myself why because a part of me knows that I don’t truly fancy him but I tried to ignore it because he is so nice (both to look at and as a person). I shouldn’t have bothered because I didn’t feel anything, nothing at all. So now I’m going to have to have an awkward conversation with him.

Why do I do this to myself, this could have easily been avoided. :rolleyes:

I'll do a search but has anyone used The League app? Apparently it's very exclusive and your profile has to be approved before you can join. You have to connect to your LinkedIn profile or pay a membership fee. I used to joke to my friend that she should try dating on LI because "at least you can confirm if that n-word got a job." (My exact words :lol:). I'm wait-listed for now but by the time I open up my roster again maybe I'll have that to draw from. :giggle:

They do let you join a little chat room with other people have been wait-listed in your area, which I thought was a cute idea. A quick scroll through the lists reveals I am the cutest. :look:

I'll do a search but has anyone used The League app? Apparently it's very exclusive and your profile has to be approved before you can join. You have to connect to your LinkedIn profile or pay a membership fee. I used to joke to my friend that she should try dating on LI because "at least you can confirm if that n-word got a job." (My exact words :lol:). I'm wait-listed for now but by the time I open up my roster again maybe I'll have that to draw from. :giggle:

They do let you join a little chat room with other people have been wait-listed in your area, which I thought was a cute idea. A quick scroll through the lists reveals I am the cutest. :look:

I haven't but I'm intrigued. I think I'll check it out. Thanks @hunnychile :cowgirl:

Okay so Bumble in my area has experienced an uptick in black men lately. It's been nice chatting with and meeting up with guys who seem to have it together.

What I have found though, is unless they state specifically their height in their profile, chances are, they are 5'7",:cry3:. I'm 5'5" but I LOVE my heels. I don't like to be taller than he is. Him being taller makes me feel protected.

Anyone else feel that way?

I have been in the League for about 3-4 months now but haven't met anyone yet. Majority of the men showing up are young (in their twenties which I can't seem to get with). I recently got a match with a guy who is 40 and he actually sent a message to say hi on Monday. I replied back but haven't heard from him since. It's early so I ain't stressed but we shall see. But I do like the exclusiveness of it and the guys seem to be of good quality. Though young! But I only need one so I'mma keep pushing through.

I have been in the League for about 3-4 months now but haven't met anyone yet. Majority of the men showing up are young (in their twenties which I can't seem to get with). I recently got a match with a guy who is 40 and he actually sent a message to say hi on Monday. I replied back but haven't heard from him since. It's early so I ain't stressed but we shall see. But I do like the exclusiveness of it and the guys seem to be of good quality. Though young! But I only need one so I'mma keep pushing through.
How long did it take for your profile to be approved?

Okay so Bumble in my area has experienced an uptick in black men lately. It's been nice chatting with and meeting up with guys who seem to have it together.

What I have found though, is unless they state specifically their height in their profile, chances are, they are 5'7",:cry3:. I'm 5'5" but I LOVE my heels. I don't like to be taller than he is. Him being taller makes me feel protected.

Anyone else feel that way?

Yep. I'll never forget I went on a date and I was sitting down when he got there. Once dinner was over and we got up to leave, I was MORTIFIED. He was probably my height (I’m 5’3) and I was in low heel boots.

I'm also an admitted chubby chaser. :look: Not sloppy big, but a little cushion, like a big teddy bear. :giggle:

I don't need the dude with the 6 pack (although I wouldn't turn one down).

Last edited:
@MzLady78 - :lachen: I almost walked out on a guy who showed up and it was obvious he was tiny. Every time I looked at him, "It's the sweet one" from that Dr. Pepper commercial played in my head. I did stay and had dinner and went to a movie, but afterwards, I blocked him because he got pissy that I didn't immediately respond to his text and phone call the next day.

The past week, I've been going out with this other guy - who's 5'7" with the deepest voice - I swoon. I wish he was a couple of inches taller, but he doesn't seem to mind my 4-inch heels. He's such a gentleman. We hung out all weekend and talked until all hours of the night. I'm glad I'm going out on dates with others because I could fall in deep with this one. :cloud9:

You know what though some women like small. A friend of mine and I talked about her boyfriend years ago. At the time I was dating his friend - a Japanese guy - and she was trying to clown me asking if he was tiny. I told her she was mistaken otherwise it would have been over. Thing is her bf was Filipino and Chinese and she said he was very small but she was pleased so it didn't matter. I was like how??? And you tried to come for me and mine when you rocking with a baby carrot? Good day ma'am.

I was actually know a girl that doesn’t mind small penises, she can’t reach the peak from penetration so she said it doesn’t matter what they’re working with.

. I feel like there needs to be a dating service for men with small members & the women that don’t mind, leave the rest of us out of it :giggle:

@MzLady78 - :lachen: I almost walked out on a guy who showed up and it was obvious he was tiny. Every time I looked at him, "It's the sweet one" from that Dr. Pepper commercial played in my head. I did stay and had dinner and went to a movie, but afterwards, I blocked him because he got pissy that I didn't immediately respond to his text and phone call the next day.

The past week, I've been going out with this other guy - who's 5'7" with the deepest voice - I swoon. I wish he was a couple of inches taller, but he doesn't seem to mind my 4-inch heels. He's such a gentleman. We hung out all weekend and talked until all hours of the night. I'm glad I'm going out on dates with others because I could fall in deep with this one. :cloud9:

:rofl: :rofl: at the bolded!

I’m so happy things are going well with the new guy, you deserve it. Hope he keeps it up!

I was actually know a girl that doesn’t mind small penises, she can’t reach the peak from penetration so she said it doesn’t matter what they’re working with.

. I feel like there needs to be a dating service for men with small members & the women that don’t mind, leave the rest of us out of it :giggle:

Neither can I, but I’m still not entertaining a dude with a micro peen, IDC.

How long did it take for your profile to be approved?

Good question. I know I heard about the League a few years ago and signed up then and was put on the wait list. I forgot about it and then I was in a relationship last year.

ETA: I looked it up on the app. I joined 6/3/15. :perplexed: I then got the invite last December.

My daughter applied a few years ago. She said it took about a year for her application to be approved. She also said she didn’t meet anyone worthwhile on there either though.

Lawd, my first love is in town and wants to catch up over dinner this Friday. I was already getting my hair done earlier in the day. So you know I’m gonna be looking cute. But between this and all the men on OKC I’m getting overwhelmed.

ETA: One of these peasants from OKC keeps messaging me and can only ask me out last minute. Now we're texting but if he doesn't ask me out soon by the end of this week, he's going to get cut.

ETAA: He just asked me out. He wanted to do Friday but I told him I'm otherwise engaged. So we decided on Sunday. Good lord.

Last edited:
I would run from you too! Lol why are you literally pushing that man away? He may not be the one to be your man, but he could be a nice friend to hang out with.

I don't have a filter, outside of work lol

He was trying to order for me and everything he mentioned I was just like #nope. In my defense, I am a very picky eater/drinker, and have a very strong Type A personality, especially in person. I don't even try to hide it anymore because I don't want to set up a situation where I'm constantly trying to be someone that I'm not.

But you're right, I could try to have an open mind about things, except pork and Italian food. We're hanging out Friday or Saturday and I will do better :yep:

I don't have a filter, outside of work lol

He was trying to order for me and everything he mentioned I was just like #nope. In my defense, I am a very picky eater/drinker, and have a very strong Type A personality, especially in person. I don't even try to hide it anymore because I don't want to set up a situation where I'm constantly trying to be someone that I'm not.

But you're right, I could try to have an open mind about things, except pork and Italian food. We're hanging out Friday or Saturday and I will do better :yep:
I’m glad you got him straight with the ordering thing! Lol and that’s good you are being yourself and putting boundaries in place. I bet he won’t pull that again! Lol I hope you have fun next time!

I had a date tonight and this man is smooth. He will have his PhD in a few months and he's smart and funny and sexy and we had great convo about several topics. I wasn't bored a single second tonight. I think I'm sprung. Ugh!! Whyyyyyyy??
When you have a roster of at least 5 men and you can still go days without hearing from anyone or having a date it is time to get a new roster. Then they all want to show up at the same time back to back not giving me any room to breathe. I'm finished with them all except one (my Friday date). He can stay.
Professor might have to go too. Tomorrow will make an entire week since our date and all I have to show for it are 2 lousy random text messages days apart not saying anything. Plus I believe I'm starting to stress over it a bit. Like thinking about him and why I haven't heard from him as soon as I wake up in the morning. It sucks.

Professor might have to go too. Tomorrow will make an entire week since our date and all I have to show for it are 2 lousy random text messages days apart not saying anything. Plus I believe I'm starting to stress over it a bit. Like thinking about him and why I haven't heard from him as soon as I wake up in the morning. It sucks.
Wow! Lol I just replied to your other post. Yep, there is no might to it. You need to let him go. If he was interested he would be all in your mix. Men are creatures of habit. They all come from the same playbook. He is a time waster. He feels he is a good catch and will play on that.

Wow! Lol I just replied to your other post. Yep, there is no might to it. You need to let him go. If he was interested he would be all in your mix. Men are creatures of habit. They all come from the same playbook. He is a time waster. He feels he is a good catch and will play on that.
I try to stick to the relevant topics in each thread and that way I get to post in all of them lol I think I'm moving on though. I already feel better just making the decision.

Right? Insane. Shocked it had been that long since I signed up. Doesn't bode well.

My daughter applied a few years ago. She said it took about a year for her application to be approved. She also said she didn’t meet anyone worthwhile on there either though.

Yeah, so far I'm not that overly impressed either because of the pool of men are mostly in their twenties and white (which I'm cool with since I am down for the swirl :look: but I prefer dating apps with a good mix of races). The past few days though I have seen more age appropriate men for me :lol: (ie late 30s, 40s) so maybe the tides are changing. My verdict is still out before I write them off.

Last week my doctor told me "You must be popular". Then a tarot card reader told me the same thing. I thought about it and people do seem to like me wherever I go but my ass is still single....sooo what does that mean

I got my hair done and my co-worker was like "I bet your man likes it" and I was like "I ain't got no man" and they were shocked and it got me thinking :scratchchin: I don't want people assuming I'm coupled up..I want them to know I'm single so they can be on the look out or approach

I have a crush. He seems to like me too, but 1) he could just be being friendly 2) I have no idea if he has a significant other. I *hate* having a crush. I don't think I've ever had a crush where something came out of it/the feelings were reciprocated.

I never thought I'd say this but I have a full court of peasants. :look: I added two more dates to my schedule, which makes 4 total if you count my first love who is in town temporarily. I see him tomorrow.

The others are: 1) MFT--he's a marriage/family therapist; 2) Tesla--works for Tesla and 3) Diplomat--comes from a diplomatic family, not from the US though. I've had one date with Diplomat so far. The other two I have first dates with this weekend and next week.

Let the games begin. :oops:

So I connected with a guy on the soul swipe app. he's 31, cute, not much taller than me, skinny, military, from Alabama, and has a 1 year old daughter (the mother lives back in Alabama).

1st meet up was at BBW and we ate had a good conversation and watched some basketball. Cool guy didn’t try anything and I gave him a hug. 2nd meet up happened fast cause we both had plans to go on vacation so he invited me over to his place & he cooked dinner. Again perfect gentlemen even rubbed my feet & nothing happen but a goodbye hug.

We have communicated throughout our vacations. He’s not my type per say but I’m trying to think outside the box.

My membership with match is coming to an end and I'm not going to renew so I just went on make sure it doesn't automatically charge my credit card in a few days. I had tons of messages but there was one from tonight so I respond back and I end up having some light conversation with this guy about our day and what we did. He asks for my number and I give it to him only because messaging on match is brutally slow. So halfway through our text convo homeboy asks me for a full body pic. Men really are not shy about asking for what they want huh? So I politely told him no. A few texts later he asks again but this time he goes "I can't just have one sexy pic?" So at first it was a full body pic now it's a sexy pic? Alright, cool. So I followed his lead and asked for what I wanted. "Can I have $1000?" He writes back lol so I ask again "You can't just give me $1000" He writes back "I'm starting to think you're serious" I said I am. He asked if I only wanted money? I answered with "do you only want sex?" He apologized after that. I'm feeling petty and mean and I think I did enough so I just stopped responding. I only messaged him because I was bored and he served his purpose. Deleted and blocked. I am in such a terrible mood and I will be until this stupid haircut grows out!

Back