Had a therapy appointment tonight and he was really helpful. Very firm but kind at the same time. He basically told me that even though I am saying I'm putting myself out there I'm really not. And that I am not utilizing my full potential as far as meeting people goes (platonic and romantic). He asked me why I have given up on online dating. I said because there's too much garbage to sift through and he said "so?" :lachen:He was like maybe you spend an hour or 2 on there and you line up 3 sh!tty dates and 1 good one. Don't stop trying to meet people out in the real world but dating online is a numbers game - which I already knew and why I wanted to stop :look: He gave me a lot to think about though. He also told me that I need to stop being apologetic about being me which I didn't think I was doing but maybe I am. Again, a lot to think about.

Did he give you examples of this? Or did he explain why he thought you were apologetic for being you?
When I used to go to therapy, I would ask for examples. Don't just tell me I'm this n that. Tell my why you say that, coz chances are I don't see it.

Did he give you examples of this? Or did he explain why he thought you were apologetic for being you?
When I used to go to therapy, I would ask for examples. Don't just tell me I'm this n that. Tell my why you say that, coz chances are I don't see it.
He gave many examples. More than I needed and I wanted him to stop :look: He said my response to him asking me to tell him about myself was one way. And the way I talked about myself in relation to how I think other people see me. He said my initial response he assumed it was just being shy/nervous/awkward about talking about myself but as the session went on he decided it was more me being apologetic for my likes and interests and who I am. He paid me a nice compliment though. He called me a renaissance woman and said he can tell I know exactly who I am, what I want, what I don't want and now I have to live intentionally to my full potential.

That moment you have insomnia and surf YouTube only to find your ex on Iyanla fix my life...

Didn't I just post about living long enough for life to show you some things?

Questioning the friends who did not call to tell me about this.

Thank you Jesus. You really did have my back!!!!!!
Won’t He Do It! Praise Break.................Hallelujah! Glorrrraaay!

I was reading that thread you started about your husband covering you contrasted with this self professed woke progressive brother in chatting with. I was like, nah I don’t like these dynamics

Girl and mine wasn’t even covering me — one of the reasons I ended up divorcing him :). Nobody got time for a woke man and I don’t feel covered or safe. What’s the point? He just covering himself and wasting my time.

ETA: Most woke men are only outraged by issues that effect black men period — crickets re anything pertaining to black women. That’s why I never got on the Jesse Williams band wagon. I knew he was full of it.

Last edited:
I am weighing the pros and cons of a "woke/progressive" man versus a more conservative one. I think I lean more conservative which is a shocker to me.
I think I’m going to start using the term “enlightened”. I need someone open-minded so I can’t do conservative, but I think “woke” has been co-opted by angry men who have issues with women and can’t find any joy in life and so they want to steal your joy. Like hoteps, but without the heavy dose of Afrocentrism

I think I’m going to start using the term “enlightened”. I need someone open-minded so I can’t do conservative, but I think “woke” has been co-opted by angry men who have issues with women and can’t find any joy in life and so they want to steal your joy. Like hoteps, but without the heavy dose of Afrocentrism
Yeah I don't want a cave man, but these woke black men in the bay are not it for husband material. Somehow their wokeness always goes back to wanting to date and socialize with non-black people darn near exclusively and weed :look::spinning:

I just deleted my dating apps (all of 2) lol. I haven't been able to get at least one date out of them. Plus the men are not responsive or are on drugs or looking for hookups. I'm going to start going out more to compensate. I can't wait until the summer! I always look so bleh in the winter. I just would rather be warm and comfortable than to look cute.

Back