I had dinner with the man I met on OK Cupid tonight. I reviewed the first date chapter of MDLWLY as part of my date prep. On the date, half of the time I was like "where did you come from because we agree on so much...", a quarter of the time I was like "You are weird and not in a cool way..." and the other quarter I was like "Stop talking now..." He's foreign, kinda hot, well built because he's former military, and has money. He made reservations at a fancy Mediterranean restaurant. He paid of course. Made sure I had everything I wanted. If I was only interested in a hot fling, I'd date him long enough to sleep with him but my emotions don't work like that. Plus he said he's bored of women giving it up to him so fast. :ohwell: He's likes to hear himself talk a bit too much for me. He's a workaholic and can be a bit bossy. When we sat down, the waiter came over prematurely to ask if we were ready to order and he shoo-ed him away kinda authoritatively. He also failed the "what did you do wrong in your last relationship?" question. :nono:

Interestingly on my way over, I took public transit and I end up messaging another man on OK Cupid who was trynna ask me out that night. Hayle no. He's still messaging me though. :look: We'll see.

I had dinner with the man I met on OK Cupid tonight. I reviewed the first date chapter of MDLWLY as part of my date prep. On the date, half of the time I was like "where did you come from because we agree on so much...", a quarter of the time I was like "You are weird and not in a cool way..." and the other quarter I was like "Stop talking now..." He's foreign, kinda hot, well built because he's former military, and has money. He made reservations at a fancy Mediterranean restaurant. He paid of course. Made sure I had everything I wanted. If I was only interested in a hot fling, I'd date him long enough to sleep with him but my emotions don't work like that. Plus he said he's bored of women giving it up to him so fast. :ohwell: He's likes to hear himself talk a bit too much for me. He's a workaholic and can be a bit bossy. When we sat down, the waiter came over prematurely to ask if we were ready to order and he shoo-ed him away kinda authoritatively. He also failed the "what did you do wrong in your last relationship?" question. :nono:

Interestingly on my way over, I took public transit and I end up messaging another man on OK Cupid who was trynna ask me out that night. Hayle no. He's still messaging me though. :look: We'll see.

What was his answer to the 'what did you do wrong inyour last relationship' question?

What was his answer to the 'what did you do wrong inyour last relationship' question?
He said he didn’t do anything wrong. It was her fault for acting crazy. The breakup happened because his ex accused him of cheating with his co-worker, came to his work and made a scene. At this point I already established he was a workaholic so I asked him where he thought he went wrong. He said he didn’t. That it was all her.

So the Nigerian guy has remained awesome, consistent as all get out, wealthy, consummate gentleman, well-traveled, fun, etc etc!

Has to be a catch right? There is.

We had a little makeout session this weekend and I grabbed his peen to see what he was working with......it’s small y’all. Like really, really small.

I need to know why the universe is playing with me, he’s already waaay shorter than what I usually go for and now this???

giphy.gif

So the Nigerian guy has remained awesome, consistent as all get out, wealthy, consummate gentleman, well-traveled, fun, etc etc!

We had a little makeout session this weekend and I grabbed his peen to see what he was working with......it’s small y’all. Like really, really small.

I need to know why the universe is playing with me, he’s already waaay shorter than what I usually go for and now this???

giphy.gif

Yikes! Sorry!!

Maybe he's a grower not a show-er?? Might to take it out for a spin at least once to decide if he's a keeper or needs to be returned to sender. :look:

It's not the size of the wave, but the motion of the ocean.....:lol:
I'm trying to hold out hope for him sis....

Yikes! Sorry!!

Maybe he's a grower not a show-er?? Might to take it out for a spin at least once to decide if he's a keeper or needs to be returned to sender. :look:

It's not the size of the wave, but the motion of the ocean.....:lol:
I'm trying to hold out hope for him sis....

Chile no.....sadly that was it. That half a handful was all he had to give and it makes me sad :laugh: I really like him but I’m a size queen.

I’m not a cheater but I would probably cheat on him.

giphy.gif
THROW HIM BACK SIS!!!!!!!

I’ve now got 4 men I’m talking to on OKC, plus one other who I’m interested in. He liked me first, I liked him back, now I’m waiting to see if he’ll message me.

The foreign guy from Saturday took his sweet time contacting me after our date. He messaged me yesterday but I was only on the app for a few minutes that morning so I didn’t get it until this morning. I realized he reminds me how American I am. It’s a bit unnerving. But I’m also intrigued. My real issue is he’s trying to decide whether to go to business school or law school. I’ve done law school and my MA. I’m taking the bar again in July. I’m done with school and I’d prefer a man who is too. He’s not as settled as I’d like.

Meanwhile there’s another man in my court I keep bantering with. It’s fun AF. He’s a more active than me but I need that. I want to see if we have in person chemistry but the fool won’t ask me out in advance. So I say no.

:laugh: :laugh: Girl.........

I don’t know how to tell him, “Hey sorry your crayon is too small, this ain’t gone work out” seems so harsh :giggle:
Say you just want to focus on yourself at the moment. You don’t think you will have time to cultivate a real relationship & you don’t want to waste his time.

UNLESS #wastehistime2018 & he has cheddar you wish to spend. As a fellow size queen I know you will be immediately turned off by him going forward. Just let him go!

Say you just want to focus on yourself at the moment. You don’t think you will have time to cultivate a real relationship & you don’t want to waste his time.

UNLESS #wastehistime2018 & he has cheddar you wish to spend.
As a fellow size queen I know you will be immediately turned off by him going forward. Just let him go!

:laugh: :laugh: He’s actually waaaaay too sweet for me to waste his time so I would feel bad so I’ll lie instead :sekret: What a waste smh

Man. I’m already turned off, he’s been texting me being his normal Sweet self today and I’m just like
giphy.gif

UNLESS #wastehistime2018 & he has cheddar you wish to spend. As a fellow size queen I know you will be immediately turned off by him going forward. Just let him go!

This hashtag is everything to me right now...tis all.

I am dating as part of my professional development :look:

I don't really enjoy it, other than food and beverage, so it's whatever. I don't know whether I need to post in the relationship thread or the career forum. It's like I need to date because of my career.

So far I've only been on dates with bankers and engineers, not by choice, but that's literally all the guys that pursue me. I googled this, because that's the type of person I am, and it says that it has something to do with appearing independent and discrete...I'm also not very emotional or affectionate. Maybe I think too much. Or jaded...

This one guy is a VP at one of the biggest banks in the region and had his own consulting firm, but he's divorced with two kids. He's also a bit aggressive with trying to spend time, which is fine, but I have other things going on. Either way, we're supposed to meet up during one of my work trips since we'll both be working in that country at the same time. He's older.

There's a younger, nicer guy, but for a first date he invited me to a restaurant that I wouldn't get dressed up to go to...I eat there on the weekends when I'm in a rush. I feel petty and judgmental...#pleasedontjudgeme

@UniquelyDivine You're between DC and TX right? I'm still not dating but I need to up the credentials of the men I associate with on a general basis so I have a better pool to choose from when I am. Any tips for bars, restaurants, events? In DC now but considering a move to TX within the next year or so.

Well that was fast.

I went to lunch and the young man seated next to me introduced himself and gave me his card. Says he does international business consulting and spends his time between two other states but is in DC often. He said I had such poise and peacefulness about me he had to say hello. His comment reminded me of the time one of my interns said I eat with such good posture. Maybe that's what it was. :lol:

I love being so charming. Hoping to turn it into a full-time gig at some point. :look:

giphy.gif
You made me die--- then you brought me back to life. Thank you! And throw him away (or invest in a really good rabbit).

@UniquelyDivine You're between DC and TX right? I'm still not dating but I need to up the credentials of the men I associate with on a general basis so I have a better pool to choose from when I am. Any tips for bars, restaurants, events? In DC now but considering a move to TX within the next year or so.

Yes Ma'am! I live in Dallas, the crowds here are really rather interesting. If you're looking for the grown and sexy type of man (which I'm sure you are) then the bars and lounges in downtown are the spot to be, Dallas has a LOT of rooftop bars and lounges on the top of hotels that attract a lot of young black professionals. The Happiest hour is a mixed crowd vibe, I didn't mind it but not enough black men for me, the SODA bar on the top of the NYLO is dope and had lots of professional black people there.The Staler hotel ( Supposedly where Tina ran from Ike) also has a really nice rooftop bar and a cool little underground one as well, there were several handsome black men in there when I went but I was on a date and had to limit my looksies :rolleyes:.

There is also an up and coming area on the North side of Dallas that has been catering to young black professionals but I have yet to venture out that way, the Kappa Alpha Psi convention is coming to Dallas next month and all of their events are taking place up north in the Plano, Addison, Richardson are of the city so I'll be making my debut then :giggle: Addison is another area for young black people, there is always a happy hour or brunch going on somewhere that caters to us, you also have plenty of clubs to choose from but my knowledge of them is limited.

As far as restaurants a LOT of black people frequent a place called the Social House, I've seen a nice crowd of black people at the Uptown location and the one up North. Pappadeaux is supposedly a hot spot according to some friends of mine, Ocean Prime had some cuties in there when I went and so did Nobu, Bottled Blond is a restaurant that turns into a kick it spot later and it is FUN, a great mixed crowd and lots of men with schmoney. There is also a really cool bar attached to the back of it called The Backyard. The majority of young black professionals either live up North, Downtown and in the Uptown area but Deep Ellum is another really cool area as well, it is basically the hipster area but I like it.

There are ALWAYS events going on around here, I tell people if you're bored in Dallas it's only because you don't want to leave the house. I find a lot of my events by following promoters on IG and eventbrite, I like museums, art shows, festivals and nerdy things too though so sometimes I will just google events in Dallas and I will usually always find something that sounds interesting.

Last edited:
What a travesty. :nono: Sorry oh!

And your reaction to his texting the next day is telling. :lol: NEXT!!

It truly is :laugh: In a way I feel I've learned a valuable lesson though, I've been working on not being so shallow and caring so much about height, build, hair etc.

He is not my type AT ALL so basically I've learned that I might as well be as shallow as I want :laugh: because life is too short to deal with a small peen AND short stature.

You made me die--- then you brought me back to life. Thank you! And throw him away (or invest in a really good rabbit).

LOL! I just do what I can! He's leaving for Saint-Tropez tomorrow so that means our communication will be limited which I am low key relieved about, I'm going to work on adding some more to my roster....preferably all 6'0 and above. (Naw...I can't do it sis...I would snap one day and cuss him out and the poor man wouldn't know why).

That’s why I’m not even going to play myself, I genuinely feel for him though but I’m not about that life.

He is wealthy so I wonder why he’s never looked into an enlargement procedure....it’s that small :nono:
You know what though some women like small. A friend of mine and I talked about her boyfriend years ago. At the time I was dating his friend - a Japanese guy - and she was trying to clown me asking if he was tiny. I told her she was mistaken otherwise it would have been over. Thing is her bf was Filipino and Chinese and she said he was very small but she was pleased so it didn't matter. I was like how??? And you tried to come for me and mine when you rocking with a baby carrot? Good day ma'am.

This one guy is a VP at one of the biggest banks in the region and had his own consulting firm, but he's divorced with two kids. He's also a bit aggressive with trying to spend time, which is fine, but I have other things going on. Either way, we're supposed to meet up during one of my work trips since we'll both be working in that country at the same time. He's older.

There's a younger, nicer guy, but for a first date he invited me to a restaurant that I wouldn't get dressed up to go to...I eat there on the weekends when I'm in a rush. I feel petty and judgmental...#pleasedontjudgeme

I'm such a jerk...so he didn't want to go to that restaurant, just wanted to know if I had been there because they have good seafood.
First date went well. He's equally successful as the VP guy, just a bit younger, way more attractive, much nicer, and an engineer. He also hates running, just like me!

By mid-date, I'd already mentioned 50% of the things that I dislike in the world :look:, like, Italian food, catching the train, rice, chicken, pork, loud clubs, snow, chain restaurants, most of Europe, etc...so he'll either run or text back. We'll see, either way, it was nice to see a new part of the city.

I'm such a jerk...so he didn't want to go to that restaurant, just wanted to know if I had been there because they have good seafood.
First date went well. He's equally successful as the VP guy, just a bit younger, way more attractive, much nicer, and an engineer. He also hates running, just like me!

By mid-date, I'd already mentioned 50% of the things that I dislike in the world :look:, like, Italian food, catching the train, rice, chicken, pork, loud clubs, snow, chain restaurants, most of Europe, etc...so he'll either run or text back. We'll see, either way, it was nice to see a new part of the city.
I would run from you too! Lol why are you literally pushing that man away? He may not be the one to be your man, but he could be a nice friend to hang out with.

Back