And if it’s early in with the guy that seems pretty good make sure you keep your roster so you don’t get too caught up with him either.

Yes it’s a little early with him even though I think he wants a serious relationship. He is being patient knowing that I want to take things slow.

The roster will always be there until I choose who I want to settle down with.

Random thoughts while I'm up late:

I just saw the thread on Stephen Hawking and I remember someone on the board making a joke about him finding 2 women to marry him. Lol So I went to his Wikipedia page to find out how that happened. And I discovered his first wife actually fell in love with another guy but stayed with Stephen because they agreed they didn't want to break up the family or something like that. They eventually divorced but guess why. Because he left her! Fell in love with the damn nurse. Isn't that crazy? Maybe I'm late but mannnnn listen, men are men are men.

Random thoughts while I'm up late:

I just saw the thread on Stephen Hawking and I remember someone on the board making a joke about him finding 2 women to marry him. Lol So I went to his Wikipedia page to find out how that happened. And I discovered his first wife actually fell in love with another guy but stayed with Stephen because they agreed they didn't want to break up the family or something like that. They eventually divorced but guess why. Because he left her! Fell in love with the damn nurse. Isn't that crazy? Maybe I'm late but mannnnn listen, men are men are men.
Can you imagine your man, sitting in a wheelchair, telling you through his laptop, he is in love with someone else and he is leaving you?

I was out with bae and he was looking at me from behind and said “black women are beautiful.”

I turn around and look at him crazy. I ask him why he would just make the comment personal because he was talking to me about me.

He apologized and corrected himself but he still didn’t quite understand why that bothered me.

Am I making any sense? I can’t really verbalize why I felt so offended. Can someone help me?

I was out with bae and he was looking at me from behind and said “black women are beautiful.”

I turn around and look at him crazy. I ask him why he would just make the comment personal because he was talking to me about me.

He apologized and corrected himself but he still didn’t quite understand why that bothered me.

Am I making any sense? I can’t really verbalize why I felt so offended. Can someone help me?
I get it.
I would have preferred him saying "Shepoison YOU are beautiful!"

Could someone recommend some decent dating sites? I'm out of the loop due to being out of the dating seen for a little min. Is Tinder still the go to for BM in the NYC area?

So I'm in several singles groups on Facebook. And the games, the lies, the stupidity is unreal. The most entertaining one is the Black Christian singles group. These men have every reason why it's the woman's fault that she's single, under the guise of Christianity and the women who believe their vitriol amaze me. I can only shake my head. The questions asked are so sexist and most women just get sucked in. I visualize these men who don't participate in the discussion, unless it involves sex, just lapping it up to use it on some unsuspecting soul.

One guy young enough to be my son said I was being unreasonable with my response to this question: You met someone and he's a great guy who wants to take you on a date, but this week, his money ain't right so would you still go on your first date with him and pay for it.

I said no. We are not equally yoked. The responses from the hit dogs hollering was astounding. I was attacked because I said he'd need to get his life right before he came to me and was accused of being a gold digger and had all kinds of scriptures thrown at me and everything. It's amazing how people make excuses for what they lack. I'm like just because I'm not the one doesn't mean the end of the world and no, you can't convince me that I HAVE to do charity work with this man because I'm a good Christian.

I stay in this group because it reminds me to watch out and use a level head.

I had my first grocery store situation today! I was in the veggie section in Trader Joe’s, and this middle aged man said hi, I replied back and continued looking at veggies. He then said, “it’s crazy, I just saw a car hit this white Benz and drive off! The whole side is messed up.” I clutch my pearls and say “that’s horrible”....then continue looking at veggies. Then he goes “I’m just messing with you, I saw you get out of a white Benz and followed you in here”

Me: :look:

Also me: I don’t drive a white Benz

Him: you don’t?

Me: nope.

Him: oh ok. So how are you?

Me: I’m good! *turns my cart around so I can find the sweet potatoes*

I had my first grocery store situation today! I was in the veggie section in Trader Joe’s, and this middle aged man said hi, I replied back and continued looking at veggies. He then said, “it’s crazy, I just saw a car hit this white Benz and drive off! The whole side is messed up.” I clutch my pearls and say “that’s horrible”....then continue looking at veggies. Then he goes “I’m just messing with you, I saw you get out of a white Benz and followed you in here”

Me: :look:

Also me: I don’t drive a white Benz

Him: you don’t?

Me: nope.

Him: oh ok. So how are you?

Me: I’m good! *turns my cart around so I can find the sweet potatoes*
lol....what a little middle aged thot lol
looking for the woman who drove the white benz:lachen:. I smell a broke man from my computer screen

lol....what a little middle aged thot lol
looking for the woman who drove the white benz:lachen:. I smell a broke man from my computer screen
:lachen: Ima use that in a sentence this week. I was parked next to a white Benz though, so he wasn’t too far off. He looked like he had several kids. And a wife. (I didn’t check his hand but he looked like a husband and father who let himself go a bit, but still thought he was fly)

Wth? I had a really strange experience with a guy, and I'm about 99% sure he was openly gay--skinny jeans, eyebrows done, switching his booty. He started chatting me up. If he was straight, I would have thought that he was flirting with me, but he wasn't. IDK, it was weird. I honestly did not know how to react.

Can you imagine your man, sitting in a wheelchair, telling you through his laptop, he is in love with someone else and he is leaving you?

Chile.....

KfQ7ovS.gif

Went on my second date with quiet dude and he was much more talkative but yet...wasn’t talking about anything of importance.

I’m thinking he’s just dating for fun which is fine but speak up honey, I asked questions and found out he’s been single for about 6 months after being with someone for almost 3 years.

He made some comments that brought out my militant side and I tried to educate him gently & he seemed receptive, I even texted him my black empowerment and knowledge book list after the date :look: :giggle: Each one teach one.

He will likely be placed in my friend zone.

Hi ladies :weird:

A little over 10 years ago, I gave a hard boot to someone who wanted the benefits of me as a girlfriend but would never commit to me. He got mad, threw fits, tried to spread lies about me, told me "I'm the best you ever had"... the list goes on. He was truly God's gift to women. I without warning blocked him from email, phone, everything. I even cold turkey cut off the friends affiliated with him.

Yall - He has never stopped stalking me. Lately he's been visiting my LinkedIn page very week. This is a step up from creating new FB pages and continuously friend requesting me and messaging me old pics of us. He's even gone on my IG page which is public and liked all of my pics. I have never one time responded to him. I feel like he's still trying to get a response. I would block him on LinkedIn but in order to do that, I think I have to click on his profile and I don't want to give him the satisfaction. 10 years tho...I feel like 50 cent.

Had a therapy appointment tonight and he was really helpful. Very firm but kind at the same time. He basically told me that even though I am saying I'm putting myself out there I'm really not. And that I am not utilizing my full potential as far as meeting people goes (platonic and romantic). He asked me why I have given up on online dating. I said because there's too much garbage to sift through and he said "so?" :lachen:He was like maybe you spend an hour or 2 on there and you line up 3 sh!tty dates and 1 good one. Don't stop trying to meet people out in the real world but dating online is a numbers game - which I already knew and why I wanted to stop :look: He gave me a lot to think about though. He also told me that I need to stop being apologetic about being me which I didn't think I was doing but maybe I am. Again, a lot to think about.

Hi ladies :weird:

A little over 10 years ago, I gave a hard boot to someone who wanted the benefits of me as a girlfriend but would never commit to me. He got mad, threw fits, tried to spread lies about me, told me "I'm the best you ever had"... the list goes on. He was truly God's gift to women. I without warning blocked him from email, phone, everything. I even cold turkey cut off the friends affiliated with him.

Yall - He has never stopped stalking me. Lately he's been visiting my LinkedIn page very week. This is a step up from creating new FB pages and continuously friend requesting me and messaging me old pics of us. He's even gone on my IG page which is public and liked all of my pics. I have never one time responded to him. I feel like he's still trying to get a response. I would block him on LinkedIn but in order to do that, I think I have to click on his profile and I don't want to give him the satisfaction. 10 years tho...I feel like 50 cent.
This post was on time for me, and you are doing the right thing. In his twisted little game, you are the one that got away. He didn’t get to discard you away. Ten years later and his ego is still bruised. Good for you!

This post was on time for me, and you are doing the right thing. In his twisted little game, you are the one that got away. He didn’t get to discard you away. Ten years later and his ego is still bruised. Good for you!

I wouldn't have believed a lot of things back then but geez...live long enough and life really will show you some things.

Back