I didn’t see that is was mentioned about an all, or majority white board. Most people seem to think yt women are docile, or that they put up with a lot more than black women. And yes I do agree that they go through it just like any other woman, and yes their men marry more, because of how they were raised to see marriage as a benefit. So let me go back and read what you said again, because it did come off like you were saying white women were docile. You brought race into, and my reasoning based off of race being brought into the equation wasn’t off, or irrevelant.

Yeah I read it, and you didn’t mention nothing about it coming from a predominately white board. You said, “the poster is most likely white”.
I’m not crazy for going in the direction I went with my post. Why would you even include her race?
I apologize- it was implied on my part. I included her race (possible race) to say OTHER women are having the same issues that WE are- and I stated that a number of times.

To add- this board I am speaking on- this isn't the only problem with men (of other races). They are going through the same BS. This has nothing to do with behavior or being docile.

I won’t say that. Black women behave like that all of the time. We can be very codependent. I know I am. We always think because we don’t see white women snapping, Rolling their necks, that they don’t stand up for themselves, that they are doormats. Black women feel that if you are loud and fight, that you aren’t being abused, or mistreated, since you are standing up for yourself. Or if you aren’t getting slapped around, then that’s not abuse. And plenty of women, especially older have given advice of hanging in there, paying your dues.
I think she just meant maybe because she got it from another site. I only know ours and the other one that' predom black.

Eta: nevermind I see this was addressed.

So I went on a date last night & we started talking about family and I told him my Dad was one of 14 & he was like daaang your grandpa was a rolling stone!

And I was like naw not really, 13 are from my grandma and he was like daaaamn her vagina must’ve looked like this!!!

And pointed to this sugar jar with a big open lid....

I was so disgusted.

So I went on a date last night & we started talking about family and I told him my Dad was one of 14 & he was like daaang your grandpa was a rolling stone!

And I was like naw not really, 13 are from my grandma and he was like daaaamn her vagina must’ve looked like this!!!

I was so disgusted.
Was he a youngin? Crass!

I was so disgusted.

deletedt. blockedt. cancelledt.

I was so disgusted.
Why would he think that was ok to say of your grandma? Like really dude. Uh!

I was so disgusted.
A woman gives life to 13 humans and all he can focus on is her vagina :confused: So ignant

I was so disgusted.

Are you serious?? A grown man?o_O

I just know I don’t wanna consider anyone feelings anymore. That may sound extreme, but I’m done. I don’t wanna compromise, I don’t wanna be understanding, I don’t want to be sympathic, etc..I’m a mom and my children are whom I need to be concerned with.
That’s what I tell people when they ask why I’m single. I’m selfish and I don’t wanna care about anyone’s else feelings.

That’s what I tell people when they ask why I’m single. I’m selfish and I don’t wanna care about anyone’s else feelings.
It takes work to be in a relationship and deal with a man/another adult. I don’t have time, or energy to put in the work. I don’t feel I would be missing out on anything. I’m doing fine without the physical and I have good friends and people in my life, so I’m not lonely. I like things a certain way and I don’t wanna change that for a man.
Let’s say I don’t like golf (I like golf), and he does. Well most men like for you to participate in things they are interested in. I don’t want to participate, listen to, or entertain anything that has to do with golf.

Idk where else to put this so...here goes :look:. I'm tired of listening to a close friend's BF issues. I've been tired but now I'm at the point where I might have to let her know. Recently, it seemed she'd reached her "true" breaking point with him (there've been misfires before) after a series of things occurred in their relationship. This was 2 weeks ago.

Flash forward to today: I bump into them together. I'm thinking: "ummm I didn't expect that". My friend and I are overdue a catch-up, so I didn't know things resolved. As I say, there have been "misfires": times where it seems she was on the verge of dumping him but they worked things out. I respected her choice. Perhaps because she seemed more resolute 2 weeks ago, I realised today that I just don't want to hear her complain anymore. Because feigning pleasantries to his face during the surprise run-in made me feel phony and awkward AF!

If she wants to stick it out and work on the relationship - cool. But then I don't want to hear about all the crap cus she's not going anywhere. I will never hear his side nor will the good stuff she says about him overtake the bad, it seems. So it casts him in a poor light and puts me in a weird place since I'll see him in the future. Faking being pleasant to someone you know some sh-t about totally blows. I feel that my friend basically put me in this spot though and asking her to opt me out of the updates is the only resolution. Ugh.

Back