Had a nice phone convo with someone from OKC.
I exchanged messages with someone from OKC this afternoon. Of the men who've sent me messages so far, he seems the most promising romantically. Today was busy for me so he offered to take things to the phone. :look:

Don't give up on online dating! I can't believe I'm saying this :look:. Man, I've talked so much crap about online dating, but I had very little luck trying to meet a man in these streets. Most of the men I would encounter on a day to day basis were taken. I'd see a cute guy in the grocery store and up walks his girlfriend :oops:. My current bf and I live 100 miles apart and it is worth it because nothing was popping in my city :nono:. I wouldn't have met him offline. Cast a wider net-- you have nothing to lose. If the guy likes you, he'll drive to come see you.

I agree. I spent some free time on Saturday night going through my matches on OKC and the type of men I'm getting matched with, I would NEVER meet organically. :nono: And I live in the Bay Area. I expanded my age range slightly and in pop more interesting men. So far it's fun. I have the list of men I like and then I have the men who've messaged me first. I remembered Lambert in MDLWY goes in fairly good detail about how to switch things up so women don't end up pursuing a man even if she reaches out first. Time to try it out. :p

OKC made some changes that many people don't like but in their defense I can see why they did it. I bit the bullet and bought a basic plan for 6 months but they were offering it at a discount and 6 months is enough for me to try this and see what happens. If I get boo-ed up in 6 months it will be money well spent. The price wasn't too bad IMO. In OKC's defense, they're trying to really facilitate good matches that they can make money off of. Women complained about receiving dyck pics and unwanted messages so they got rid of that but that takes money. o_O

What's interesting to me is if anything, men are the ones complaining because they think OKC is too much like Tinder where people can swipe left if they don't like his picture and they are worried that women will overlook them because they [the men] aren't attractive enough and there's too many options. Women don't work quite like that but its funny reading men squirm in fear about us doing to them what they do to us. :giggle:

I started chatting with this guy but he’s already annoying me.....he made this big deal about not wanting to be texting penpals which I totally agreed with but that’s all he’s been doing...... I have a meme up on my IG that says “Y’all not going to WYD me to death”, he saw it and was like I guess I should ask you out then.

You think????????

He seemed promising at first but my annoyance meter is quickly headed to level 10

I exchanged messages with someone from OKC this afternoon. Of the men who've sent me messages so far, he seems the most promising romantically. Today was busy for me so he offered to take things to the phone. :look:

I agree. I spent some free time on Saturday night going through my matches on OKC and the type of men I'm getting matched with, I would NEVER meet organically. :nono: And I live in the Bay Area. I expanded my age range slightly and in pop more interesting men. So far it's fun. I have the list of men I like and then I have the men who've messaged me first. I remembered Lambert in MDLWY goes in fairly good detail about how to switch things up so women don't end up pursuing a man even if she reaches out first. Time to try it out. :p

OKC made some changes that many people don't like but in their defense I can see why they did it. I bit the bullet and bought a basic plan for 6 months but they were offering it at a discount and 6 months is enough for me to try this and see what happens. If I get boo-ed up in 6 months it will be money well spent. The price wasn't too bad IMO. In OKC's defense, they're trying to really facilitate good matches that they can make money off of. Women complained about receiving dyck pics and unwanted messages so they got rid of that but that takes money. o_O

What's interesting to me is if anything, men are the ones complaining because they think OKC is too much like Tinder where people can swipe left if they don't like his picture and they are worried that women will overlook them because they [the men] aren't attractive enough and there's too many options. Women don't work quite like that but its funny reading men squirm in fear about us doing to them what they do to us. :giggle:

I purchased a plan as well, and even though I took a break for a while, I had about a week left on my plan when I met current BF. It was worth it IMO. I could see who liked me first, and that made me a little more confident to match with them. I met my current BF that way. I saw that he swiped right on me first-- so I swiped on him. He messaged me the next day, and we took it from there. I already had one guy drive a couple of hours to meet me for a date, so I expected this one to do the same... and he did :look:. If they like you and they are serious, they'll make the drive if necessary. If this doesn't pan out, I already have a strategy set for the next one :look:. No more wasting time on guys that aren't proactive. There are some gems online but you have to weed through the foolishness and flakes.

I took down my online profiles for now. Started online dating in May of last year and started getting a little annoyed. Plus online classes starts tomorrow need to put some focus on it. I did go on dates here and there but nothing panned out. If I go back it would be to OKC. I have also paid for match and that was the worst, POF too much dyck pics and hypersexual guys. I felt like no one was serious about dating, just getting to the communications phase on the phone was crazy, some guys love to text and that would annoy me. It's funny I met my ex of 3 years on OKC in 6 weeks of putting up my profile. This time around I met some dudes that baffled my damn mind:eek:.

I heard something so freaking ridiculous today. Apparently a certain part of my appearance looks “enhanced”. I think he needs glasses cause the boy can’t see. Boy if it was I wouldn’t be working where I’m working. I’d have me a rich husband.

Got this from another board. Poster is most likely white-

You know you’re not worth it when you’ve been with your SO for 11yrs and when you ask him what he’d be doing if you weren’t together he answers most likely married and moved in together. Whereas you’re each in your early 30’s and still living separately and still in BF/GF status.

Ouch, truth hurts.

You know you’re not worth it when you’ve been with your SO for 11yrs and when you ask him what he’d be doing if you weren’t together he answers most likely married and moved in together. Whereas you’re each in your early 30’s and still living separately and still in BF/GF status.

Ouch, truth hurts.
Yikes. I hope she dumped him.

Ouch, truth hurts.
I can almost guarantee she stayed because of the way she worded this. It should be you know HE'S not worth it because he isn't. He is wasting her time. But the fact that she thinks she's not worth it because of what he's doing shows that she will accept whatever she thinks she can get for the moment. I feel sad when I read things like this. I hope and pray she isn't black.

We’ve been friends for over 20 years. He takes me out and let’s me spend all his money. He is a business owner. He’s going to invest in my business. He opens doors. He handles me like I’m gold. He doesn’t try to sleep with me or even kiss me. He just likes to be around me.

But....
He texts, WYD, GM and GN!

I hate it! Get off my phone with that nonsense :lachen:

We’ve been friends for over 20 years. He takes me out and let’s me spend all his money. He is a business owner. He’s going to invest in my business. He opens doors. He handles me like I’m gold. He doesn’t try to sleep with me or even kiss me. He just likes to be around me.

But....
He texts, WYD, GM and GN!

I hate it! Get off my phone with that nonsense :lachen:
Hey no one’s perfect :lachen:

I can almost guarantee she stayed because of the way she worded this. It should be you know HE'S not worth it because he isn't. He is wasting her time. But the fact that she thinks she's not worth it because of what he's doing shows that she will accept whatever she thinks she can get for the moment. I feel sad when I read things like this. I hope and pray she isn't black.
More than likely she is white. But I will tell you this- white women are having the same problems we are. Just their men eventually marry due to family pressures, etc.

More than likely she is white. But I will tell you this- white women are having the same problems we are. Just their men eventually marry due to family pressures, etc.
I won’t say that. Black women behave like that all of the time. We can be very codependent. I know I am. We always think because we don’t see white women snapping, Rolling their necks, that they don’t stand up for themselves, that they are doormats. Black women feel that if you are loud and fight, that you aren’t being abused, or mistreated, since you are standing up for yourself. Or if you aren’t getting slapped around, then that’s not abuse. And plenty of women, especially older have given advice of hanging in there, paying your dues.

I won’t say that. Black women behave like that all of the time. We can be very codependent. I know I am. We always think because we don’t see white women snapping, Rolling their necks, that they don’t stand up for themselves, that they are doormats. Black women feel that if you are loud and fight, that you aren’t being abused, or mistreated, since you are standing up for yourself. Or if you aren’t getting slapped around, then that’s not abuse. And plenty of women, especially older have given advice of hanging in there, paying your dues.
I don’t understand your post in relation to my post- behave like what?
I said that white women are having problems getting their men to marry too, like we are. I didn’t mention behavior issues so I am confused.

If you are talking about her race, I am saying she is probably white because the majority of the board is white. Not because she is being docile or whatever.

I don’t understand your post in relation to my post- behave like what?
I said that white women are having problems getting their men to marry too, like we are. I didn’t mention behavior issues so I am confused.

If you are talking about her race, I am saying she is probably white because the majority of the board is white. Not because she is being docile or whatever.
I didn’t see that is was mentioned about an all, or majority white board. Most people seem to think yt women are docile, or that they put up with a lot more than black women. And yes I do agree that they go through it just like any other woman, and yes their men marry more, because of how they were raised to see marriage as a benefit. So let me go back and read what you said again, because it did come off like you were saying white women were docile. You brought race into, and my reasoning based off of race being brought into the equation wasn’t off, or irrevelant.

Yeah I read it, and you didn’t mention nothing about it coming from a predominately white board. You said, “the poster is most likely white”.
I’m not crazy for going in the direction I went with my post. Why would you even include her race?

Back