I think this is the first time that I've thought about my own future without mentally trying to align it with the goal of meeting someone special. It feels good, but it's a new, personal paradigm that I have to work on daily.

Also, I've been lurking in the femininity threads, and it seems like it's a lot about how to get men to do this, how get men to feel that, how get men to act this or that way towards you... I would like to get in touch with my feminine side without the thoughts in the back of my head "so that my SO will be happier with me" or "so that I will be a great wife and mother." How about "just because I like to?" Of course, there is nothing stopping me from thinking "just because I like to," but I think it is annoying to change yourself to please someone else.

Meanwhile, a guy I'll call "Young Guy" has told me that there is this beautiful girl who he sees. I told him that it sounded serious. He told me that it is not serious at all, and I have ABSOLUTELY nothing to worry about.

giphy.gif

Um, so I think things are getting out of hand. Someone posted a story on Facebook of an artist who created a portrait of herself kissing a dude....I was ok until she said she kissed it and I think talked to it or otherwise acted like he was there. So there's a pic of the two of them and the guy she's with now looks like the one in her portrait.....also, it gets better, the guy showed her a portrait he drew similar to hers before they met talking about they manifested each other. Girl bye. I feel like there are so many people out here taking advantage of single lonely desperate women.

Um, so I think things are getting out of hand. Someone posted a story on Facebook of an artist who created a portrait of herself kissing a dude....I was ok until she said she kissed it and I think talked to it or otherwise acted like he was there. So there's a pic of the two of them and the guy she's with now looks like the one in her portrait.....also, it gets better, the guy showed her a portrait he drew similar to hers before they met talking about they manifested each other. Girl bye. I feel like there are so many people out here taking advantage of single lonely desperate women.

Did he seem like a creep?

Did he seem like a creep?

I didn't investigate it... someone on FB posted it. I refrained from commenting then today I saw them post something desperate. I'm not going to say what at this time but something along the lines of woman marries ghost :look:

hollywoods-best-slaps-godfather.gif

So I was lurking this thread earlier today and saw the posts discussing OKCupid. I decided to make a new account on there (for like the 3rd time) tonight and I started to browse my matches. Of course one of the first matches I see is someone I know from work :ohwell:. He's a resident (medical) where I work and we both work in the same service. I already know I will be working with him tomorrow for most of my shift and I just hope he didn't see my page.

Every time I set up an online dating account I see someone I know. It only bothers me because I am a very private person and like to keep my work and private life as separate as possible.

He's kind of cute, though.

I think this is the first time that I've thought about my own future without mentally trying to align it with the goal of meeting someone special. It feels good, but it's a new, personal paradigm that I have to work on daily.
I'm in the same mental space. Not that I've given up hope. But it really is the first time I'm thinking about my life without a man being in it right now. It actually feels really good to just be worrying about me, myself, and I.
I'm still not even interested in dating. Maybe when the weather gets better, but I'm having a wonderful time coming home and doing my own thing after work without worrying about some dating profile, or if this man will call, blah blah blah.

Actually, the way I feel about dating right now is similar to that scene in Clueless

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:eek: You're in Dallas, and you're hot! Where is your heavy rotation lady? :drunk:

Girl......I’ve become such a house mouse :nono: and so many of the guys that want me are NOT what I’m checking for. I’ve gotten several “let me take you out offers” but I just feel like ehhhhh no thanks.

I made up a list of different activities to start trying because the places that I do go have the same type of men there & I’m not checking for them at allllll.

POF is really dry lately either that or I’m just meeting some very uninteresting people on there. I signed up for Match, but I don’t know if I want to pay for it just yet. I also met someone on Instagram back in October, but we are more so talking as friends sharing life experiences than dating talking. But I don’t know why I got kind of in my feelings when they said they were out with someone, I’m usually not like that at all.

And for some reason I keep thinking about my fling from over the Summer. I did do some Facebook creeping and surprise, surprise they are back with their ex. I still don’t understand why I am still stuck on them when they aren’t thinking about me, and are out enjoying their life. I guess cause they were the first person I was super crazy about, most times when I talk to people I like them but I am indifferent at the same time. But not this time I was head over heels for them far too soon. And everyone else I talk to just doesn’t compare to the experience I had with them.

I don’t know I for once want to be with someone where we are equally crazy about each other, no drama, no exes, and none of these people that seem to always have these bad things happening in their lives. I just feel blah... about dating.... it’s so bad my bff said I should just venture into animals. Some times I do want to cry though.

I've read that ladies who do this have the most success, but the few times I've reached out first, I wasn't successful. Usually I get enough messages that I don't have to make the first move, but in the past I would have guys who would view my profile over and over but not message, so I would send one and then *crickets*

But now you can't see who viewed your profile :rolleyes:

Yes, like wth? Like what difference does it make, let me keep my screen name. My first name is very common but still
My first name is super uncommon too. So this is not good...

You can do it. I believe in you. Is Sallie Mae on your back? Think about her and get'er done.

I'm kidding. Mostly.

Mannnnn :laugh: I won’t lie....at one time I was trying to swallow my aversion and let him fly me out but then he started getting really perverted and I couldn’t do it.

I think he assumes he will wear me down one day....not happening bro.

So, I was at this party talking to my girl and this guy that I briefly dated crosses over me (but, made sure his back was towards me) to speak to one of his guys. My girl stopped dead in the middle of her sentence because it was so obvious that he was trying to act like he didn’t see me. Bro was all of two feet away and so close that my friend and I backed up (some) because we didn’t want him in our convo. He then reached back across me to speak to someone else (again with his back to me) He walked away and came back to the area like 15 mins later. This time he spoke and said you’re off in the cut (the same cut that you were just standing in????) Major side eye dude! He saw me!

My friend thinks he wants me to sweat him. I don’t sweat guys.

I’m watching Dante’s Peak right now. I never saw the beginning of it. I like the love story of it. It was predictable, but organic. I also like how fine, smooth, and laid back he was. He risked his life to go and get her kids. I also thought it was too funny the kids took the truck to go get grandma! Lol but that was not smart of the kids. They risked their lives for someone that wanted to die up in the mountains waiting for her son to come back...

I’m watching Dante’s Peak right now. I never saw the beginning of it. I like the love story of it. It was predictable, but organic. I also like how fine, smooth, and laid back he was. He risked his life to go and get her kids. I also thought it was too funny the kids took the truck to go get grandma! Lol but that was not smart of the kids. They risked their lives for someone that wanted to die up in the mountains waiting for her son to come back...

I was confused when I started reading your post thinking what Dante's Peak is this that's a love story? :lol: but you right, it does have a lil love story in there! I never paid attention to that part. I love that movie.

Back