I've been looking more into astrology past just the basic rising, sun, moon, etc. I've discovered my Venus is in Aries (who was the Greek god of war, just my luck :lol: Venus in Aries) and my Mars in Gemini ("The Sexual Technician") and when I tell you both (that second one in particular) describe so much of my style and attitude towards dating, it was soooo validating. I've always been non-traditional but it's nice to have something to go off of. :drunk:

I have a lot of air/water in key aspects of my chart, meaning I'm about as go-with-the-flow as I am indecisive. I hate being pinned down by commitments and my independence is paramount to me. Unfortunately, this means I can see myself with any number of partners, careers, interests. As I use astrology to learn more about myself I'm hoping it can also make more concrete my type of ideal partner, life path, purpose, etc.

Last edited:
Happy 2018 y'all! :wave:

Our engagement pics session was great! It was chilly tho, so we ended earlier than expected. We may use 1 for our reception announcements. We've nailed down a ceremony and reception date. And decided to just rent out an area in a restaurant for the reception. With just 30 people.

At first we were looking at venues, caterers, etc. But neither of us were interested in planning/ don't care about this stuff lol. At first we were gonna have extended family and friends, which was around 70-80 people. So I suggested let's reduce that even more and just go out to eat lol.

Everything is happening in April.

We went over his dads house yesterday to look at what his timeshare offers in Europe for our honeymoon. We got a few nice places to choose from. Can't remember them all right now, but 1 was Malaga, Spain? We're gonna choose this weekend.

Congrats again! I think it is smart to keep everything low key and save the money and hassle. Malaga sounds like a dream! Do you guys plan on doing an indoor or outdoor wedding?

Random thought: Having a narcissistic mother really messes you up in the romance department. :nono:
Girl ain't that the truth. It's really messy with her alternating between trying to break up the relationship to always trying to be involved. I've learned to keep mine completely out of whatever romance I have going on. My sister hasn't yet.

I could tell you some stories about the lies my mother has made up about herself or any guy I was dating to get me to (in her head) pick her.

Girl ain't that the truth. It's really messy with her alternating between trying to break up the relationship to always trying to be involved. I've learned to keep mine completely out of whatever romance I have going on. My sister hasn't yet.

I could tell you some stories about the lies my mother has made up about herself or any guy I was dating to get me to (in her head) pick her.
Yeah I've finally learned that's what I have to do.

My mom started setting me up with or pushing me toward men SHE thought I SHOULD be interested in at 17 because she met and started dating my dad at that age. It didn't matter if I didn't like them, she thought I should and if I didn't she'd tell me I was only thinking about sex and I was focused on all the wrong things. So I got the message that my feelings were wrong. She picked men for me based on what she would like if she were my age, so men like my dad. The problem is I'm a lot like my dad. So men like my dad in the ways she likes, bores me. And she said, boring is what you should go for. Now that I'm grown enough in her mind to make my own choices, she's laid off setting me up with men. She just criticizes me for my choices because they're not what she would do. As a result I don't trust myself in liking what I like or disliking what I dislike and now I'm having to re-train myself. F******* exhausting.

Rant over.

Just did something I don’t usually do.

I went to the bodega downstairs and there was a decent looking Black man buying something. I live in a predominantly Latino area so I was surprised, but I didn’t even look in his direction.

I knew he was going to be waiting outside for me...and he was. He introduced himself like a person. He’s a teacher and he lives around the corner from me. I gave him my number, something I never do in that kind of situation but it seemed like the right thing.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago! I had been in contact with this guy for a few months-- just casually, and recently things heated up and here we are. I'm not investing too much into this right now but I'm enjoying the ride so far.

This is weird! I haven't had a man in forever! :lol:
Well go ahead and have fun! You'll have to give us some stories. We've been dry in here it seems.

I usually have a million stories...lately I just don’t care about spending energy on men.

I can’t remember the last time I felt at peace in a relationship...if I ever have at all. Once I realized that, I focused all that wasted energy on my goals.

I get it!! I really do. I've been feeling really "meh" about it all myself. Especially observing all these raggedy relationships around me. I'll be alone foreverrrrr if I had to deal with a fraction of the foolery from these men that some of the women that I know and love deal with on a regular basis.

Bad Larry called me last night at 3 am. I picked up as a knee-jerk reaction because my ringer was on and the call shocked me awake. The number looked familiar but I wasnt sure who it was.

He is stuttering and nervous, talking bout, I don't know why I called because you're crazy. So I asked why DID he call and he said because he's crazy too.

I tell him I was asleep and I'm getting off this phone. He asks in absolute confusion, "so you want me to hang up right now?" I say yes and goodnight. I put my phone on silent and go back to sleep.

Do you know he called again and then I woke up to a WhatsApp message of him apologizing.

I did not respond.

I had a man outwardly flirt with me yesterday and give me his card but he was SO not my type, chubby with 2 kids but according to his coworker who snuck away to give me the tea on him he’s a very sweet man and he tricks off on women.

A part of me feels like I should call him but another part of me feels like why even open that door when I know I’m not about that life?

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

So... I cut one of my baes off last year (literally December 2017), he didn’t react well to it.. but I’m a rolling stone, I had no reason to keep dating him. Since that night I hadnt heard a peep from him.

So tonight at 2:30 AM he tries to call me.
I’m not answering. Rude ***.
10 minutes later...

“**** that and your bourgeoise ass”

I am dying. I’m so amused by his drunk butthurt text. :rolleyes:

Back