My birthday is tomorrow but I met up with some girlfriends for dinner last Saturday night. Our waiter comes and introduces himself. He was actually kind of handsome but not really what I go for. I don't know how it happened but he starts talking about his TWO baby mamas, how they don't like his current girlfriend, don't want her around their kids and how it's Thanksgiving and he's gonna spend it with his mom and kids and his girlfriend's gonna be with his family. My law school BFF and I are looking at each other like

tenor.gif

as this guy goes on and and on. He was nice for the whole meal. I asked for a candle for my piece of cake and the only one left was my favorite color, purple :p and I made sure to give him a good tip. But otherwise,

tumblr_ndlaq56f161tv4k5po1_500.gif

Happy birthday @ScorpioBeauty09!

It's my sister's birthday today too.

So, when I found out I got a job on another island, I expanded my Match.com profile to reach as far as Kauai, which is where my new job is located. I met what I thought was a really cool guy and we'd been talking and texting for the last 6 or 7 weeks. A few days ago, he just stopped responding to my calls and texts. Usually, we've gone no more than a day without at least saying "hello" and "how was your day", but usually we texted frequently throughout the day. Lots of flirting, talking about our lives, what's going on in the state, complaining about work, etc. I sent one text a day asking where he was for 3 days, and then I got scared. I remembered that he's on Twitter, so I checked it and he's been active for the last few days.

I sent a text saying that if he didn't want to talk to me, then I respected that, but at least let me know because I don't like to be left hanging (I have issues with being abandoned - had to go to therapy for it). He didn't respond, so I blocked him. That's my standard procedure for men who ghost me as they tend to sneak back in my life when they get super-lonely and pretend like ghosting me was no big deal. I'm a tad hurt because I thought we clicked, but it is what it is.

The issue is that I'm due to start my jobs in 3 weeks and he works in my building. Not on the same floor, but the building is quite small (like everything on Kauai). I'd honestly rather not talk to him at all since I find ghosting to be disrespectful. I'm not sure how much I should acknowledging I should do when we come across each other. Advice?

@Sosoothing @All4Tris @Damaris.Elle @LBoogie85 @shortdub78

Update: Okay, so tell me why this dude's cubical is 5 down from mine?? Apparently, they did a restructuring before I came, so the social workers on PO officers are close by since we share clients. He wasn't there yesterday, though. The lady taking me around said, "Oh, I'll introduce you to him later". Inside, I did the Grinch smile because I expect he'll be uncomfortable. Looking forward to it. Once again, glad you ladies were there to give me confidence.

I already told y’all that crush bae cooked for us Wednesday. While he was cooking we were talking about anything and everything.

It came up how my sister finally got her own plan and got off my line. I mentioned it was a relief and how I’d been paying it for almost 10 years. I said something about when I first put her on that it was my only bill because I was living with my dad. And how it will never be like that again :cry3:

He goes well, until you’re married. I just said “true” and made a mental note.

I learned a lot more about him and I see why we get along. We are both odd and grew up under strange conditions. Not necessarily strange in a bad way.

He is also extremely affectionate and always up on me. No matter where I went I could count to 10 before he was an inch away from me again. :lachen:I think it’s cute and I love that I’m not clingy all by myself.

I’m back home for the weekend & went to see my psychic & she had some interesting things to say about milk chocolate.

Apparently he was just a stepping stone man, and his purpose was to simply give me a small taste of what I want and what a real man can do/be, but she said that he had waaaaaay too much emotional baggage and he was a legend in his own mind (which looking back is SPOT on) , she also said that he was talking to somebody else and he still had an emotional cord that was keeping him tied to her, (which I already knew after the damn bedazzled card incident!)

She said that I will meet somebody after the first of the year, and he’s going to be legit.

Why is it that I have to explain myself when I say “no” when asked to go some where? I don’t understand. I have to make up excuses and carrying on. No! I don’t want to go. Why isn’t my no enough? Maybe I should turn on my Miss Sophia voice and say “hell naw” :lol: I wonder if they’ll get the picture then. Hell naw.

Why is it that I have to explain myself when I say “no” when asked to go some where? I don’t understand. I have to make up excuses and carrying on. No! I don’t want to go. Why isn’t my no enough? Maybe I should turn on my Miss Sophia voice and say “hell naw” :lol: I wonder if they’ll get the picture then. Hell naw.
I say "no is a complete answer."

Back