I'm the one that usually asks guys to use Whatsapp because it's my preference. Never knew others used it as a way to sneak around.
But what's the difference? You have to have their telephone number for WhatsApp anyway. Since it's basically the same as texting I only use it for my friends out of the country and group messaging in general since it's smoother than group text messages.

I'm the one that usually asks guys to use Whatsapp because it's my preference. Never knew others used it as a way to sneak around.

This. I prefer it over iMessage/SMS etc because I like having my chats in mostly one place. Most of my friends are on there (or FB Messenger). I also just prefer the interface and user experience of Whatsapp. When I chat with new dudes, it's usually on Whatsapp and they already have it installed. If not, it's SMS.

However, given that it's totally possible to chat or call without the need for additional apps, I can see how someone requesting you download a specific app is an annoyance at best and sneaky at worst.

But what's the difference? You have to have their telephone number for WhatsApp anyway. Since it's basically the same as texting I only use it for my friends out of the country and group messaging in general since it's smoother than group text messages.
I just like the look and feel of WhatsApp better. 95% of my texting takes place on whatsapp. I dont usually ask guys to download the app but if they appear on the app as a contact I just start texting them there instead of SMS.

So, guess who went ring shopping today ... :look: #singleuntilmarried #gettingcloser

:yahoo: Yay! Another one we're putting on #engagementwatch.

Are you a fellow Aquarius? Lol

Capricorn!

I think I'm going to be celibate till marriage. Im going need a commitment before I share my body with anyone else. Men will use you. In the beginning of the relationship, theyll tell you how they want to marry you and will talk about the future. Once you sleep with them and talk about marriage more, you realize that you actually have a commitment phobe on your hands or someone who wasnt looking for anything serious, etc. Men will try to "test drive" or "rent you out" before they have made a commitment to you under God (marriage). Im no longer here for it.

Tell me about it! Early this year I made the decision to give up casual sex. While I'm not waiting until marriage, I'm doing more vetting before I sleep with a man. If I could emotionally handle casual flings this wouldn't be an issue, but these days I feel used even if there is an arrangement. There are too many men maintaining artificial relationships with their placeholders while they are still seeking their gamechanger, and I don't want no man enjoying my body while he's planning on giving the world to someone else. Even if things don't work out I need to be walking away with something other than a broken dream. I say go for it!

Tell me about it! Early this year I made the decision to give up casual sex. While I'm not waiting until marriage, I'm doing more vetting before I sleep with a man. If I could emotionally handle casual flings this wouldn't be an issue, but these days I feel used even if there is an arrangement. There are too many men maintaining artificial relationships with their placeholders while they are still seeking their gamechanger, and I don't want no man enjoying my body while he's planning on giving the world to someone else. Even if things don't work out I need to be walking away with something other than a broken dream. I say go for it!

That's a really good point!

Which types of rings were your favorites? Setting wise..

I’m super simple. SG and the salesperson were giving me Vera Wang and Neil Lane to try on and I wasn’t comfortable. I have told SG for a while that I wanted a round solitaire in yellow gold. Turns out I don’t care for yellow gold as much as I thought I would, so now it’s between rose gold and white gold. I didn’t like the round solitaire as much as I thought I would either. SG suggested I try a pear solitaire and I fell in love.

I hate halos just like I thought I would. Too much bling for me. I put one on and literally had a visceral reaction to it. I think they all thought I was trying to be modest, but the way I reacted convinced them otherwise, lol. Neither of us like the pear in a halo though.

I like the idea of an infinity setting, but most of them were too much for me. I think I’m going to end up with a pear solitaire set in either a pave or tapered band.

SG is kind of feeling some kind of way because he wants it to be fancier, but the pear was his idea so he’s happy about that. He put down a deposit to hold one at Jared. :look: We’re supposed to go to another store today to see if we can try on a pear set in a pave band because none of the places we went yesterday had that.

Friday afternoon i was walking to my car about to do some shopping on my lunch break when this cute elderly Ghanaian woman asked me if I knew the bus schedule. Turns out she is widowed and is 80yrs old with Diabetes. She was trying to get to the grocery store to pick up some plantains. I wasn't that pressed to go to the mall so I offered to take her. She was super grateful and asked if I was married or had children. I replied no to both, so she said she was going to pray that God blesses me with a good husband. She almost brought me to tears yall, but I received that blessing and was happy to be of service to her. I recently started talking to a new guy and I reeeeally like him, so I need all the prayers I can get.

Not dating related, but this is my favorite thread so I'm posting here :)
I'm increasingly disgusted by the executive level Black leadership at my job. As far as mindset and practices, they are worse than the white folks. I LOVE the work that I do, but I'm over the politics and I've only been in this new position 3 months.

Friday afternoon i was walking to my car about to do some shopping on my lunch break when this cute elderly Ghanaian woman asked me if I knew the bus schedule. Turns out she is widowed and is 80yrs old with Diabetes. She was trying to get to the grocery store to pick up some plantains. I wasn't that pressed to go to the mall so I offered to take her. She was super grateful and asked if I was married or had children. I replied no to both, so she said she was going to pray that God blesses me with a good husband. She almost brought me to tears yall, but I received that blessing and was happy to be of service to her. I recently started talking to a new guy and I reeeeally like him, so I need all the prayers I can get.
Awhh thats was so sweet of you to take her! Those extra prayers do come in handy, I’ll send some your way!

Crush bae got back tonight and he texted me to set up a date for later this week.

I still adore him. I just wish I didn’t.

Baller bae is so irritating. He stays telling people I’m his wife but barely even communicates with me. Then he gets mad when people report back to him when they see me with other people. Whose fault is that bro?

He also told me that people keep asking him if I’m dating one of my good friends (who I look at as a lil brother.) He knows I’m not because we are all friends and he know the dynamics. So I ask/tell my play brother if he knew that everybody thinks where to get her and he say “yes, I know.”

Then he tells me that people ask him all the time if we’re togther and he says yes! I laugh because I thinks he joking. But then he’s says when he said no that no one believed him and would go back and forth, so he just started saying yes because that’s what people wanted to hear.

So last week I’m at the bar that lil bro works (family run business.) and baller bae is there too. We all are talking together so I squeeze them together and say “LOOK both my boyfriends at the same time.” The my both look so awkward and try to laugh it off but I know it made them feel a way. GOOD!

Next I’m a bring some fine ass man there and make out with him so they really feel dumb and stop with the ******!

Not dating related, but this is my favorite thread so I'm posting here :)
I'm increasingly disgusted by the executive level Black leadership at my job. As far as mindset and practices, they are worse than the white folks. I LOVE the work that I do, but I'm over the politics and I've only been in this new position 3 months.

Oh no! I hate to hear that. I know you were excited about this job because of the remote possibility. Do you plan on hanging in there until you move?

Oh no! I hate to hear that. I know you were excited about this job because of the remote possibility. Do you plan on hanging in there until you move?
My goal is to last another fiscal year, so that's another year and a half, but if another remote opportunity presents itself, I'll take a look. There are things coming down the pipeline that will highlight if the org is really about that social justice life, so I'll most likely make a decision in June about whether or not I'm in it for the long haul. I'm definitely moving so even if I decide the organization isn't the right fit for me come June, I'll stick it out until I find a better opportunity. I don't want to make a job switch to a place that's even worse.

:cry3: This is a beautiful story! You have such a good heart. None of these are mere coincidences, the universe is sending an amazing man your way.

Crush bae got back tonight and he texted me to set up a date for later this week.

I still adore him. I just wish I didn’t.

Baller bae is so irritating. He stays telling people I’m his wife but barely even communicates with me. Then he gets mad when people report back to him when they see me with other people. Whose fault is that bro?

He also told me that people keep asking him if I’m dating one of my good friends (who I look at as a lil brother.) He knows I’m not because we are all friends and he know the dynamics. So I ask/tell my play brother if he knew that everybody thinks where to get her and he say “yes, I know.”

Then he tells me that people ask him all the time if we’re togther and he says yes! I laugh because I thinks he joking. But then he’s says when he said no that no one believed him and would go back and forth, so he just started saying yes because that’s what people wanted to hear.

So last week I’m at the bar that lil bro works (family run business.) and baller bae is there too. We all are talking together so I squeeze them together and say “LOOK both my boyfriends at the same time.” The my both look so awkward and try to laugh it off but I know it made them feel a way. GOOD!

Next I’m a bring some fine ass man there and make out with him so they really feel dumb and stop with the ******!

This sounds like a lot of drama. A guy acting jealous and possessive is not sincere. The bolded is a major red flag and is typical of energy vampires. Courtship with quality men is relaxed, fun, and straightforward. They aren't envious when you date others-- they expect it, and they look forward to proving themselves worthy. I'm guessing a part of this drama comes from the fact that you all know the same people. I'd leave the Baller dude alone, he's messy, and I'd build a rotation of men who are unrelated to your circle of friends.

As for Crush bae, is he the one who blows hot and cold? The only way this could work is if you let him get ahead of you in his feelings. There is nothing wrong with really liking him, but keep your power. Otherwise, you'll always feel on edge and there is nothing empowering about that. If you go back through this thread you'll notice a pattern. Whenever we talk about men we're crazy about, and we hint that we're ahead in our feelings, it doesn't work out. Check out the posters who are now ring shopping, engaged, or married. Notice how differently they talk about the men and the courtship process. The men are wild about them and they are meh about the guy. The men are way ahead in their feelings and are jumping through hoops to get the woman to catch up. It has taken me over a decade to realize that this is the only way for a woman to achieve absolute bliss in the relationship. I wasted so much time being super available to lukewarm men. Whenever you are waiting on him to catch up to your level of interest, you've given him the power. If he's blowing cold, downgrade him and make him chase. If he's interested, he'll happily do so and having to earn your time, attention, and approval is what will inspire love in him. It is the only way. Men do not fall in love the same way we fall in love. The chase has to be there for them to connect emotionally with a woman. He wants to chase you, he wants a challenge, so give it to him. Have enough faith that you're worth a dude breaking his neck to win your heart. You got this!

I never thought I would say something like this buttttttt, I saw a pic of my ex-College boo yesterday and he is looking like a SNACK!!! I mean chocolate smooth skin... body right... dressed nice... man oh man! The crazy thing is that my girl tried to get me to come out yesterday and she ended up at the same place he was at. She texted me like your boo is here and he looks good.

OkCupid has way better guys on it than Match. And that's saying a lot since I had already sworn off OkCupid. I just happened to go back over there last night and was like why do these guys look better and more worth my time than a site you have to pay for. Or could be just me seeing it through new eyes.

:cry3: This is a beautiful story! You have such a good heart. None of these are mere coincidences, the universe is sending an amazing man your way.

This sounds like a lot of drama. A guy acting jealous and possessive is not sincere. The bolded is a major red flag and is typical of energy vampires. Courtship with quality men is relaxed, fun, and straightforward. They aren't envious when you date others-- they expect it, and they look forward to proving themselves worthy. I'm guessing a part of this drama comes from the fact that you all know the same people. I'd leave the Baller dude alone, he's messy, and I'd build a rotation of men who are unrelated to your circle of friends.

As for Crush bae, is he the one who blows hot and cold? The only way this could work is if you let him get ahead of you in his feelings. There is nothing wrong with really liking him, but keep your power. Otherwise, you'll always feel on edge and there is nothing empowering about that. If you go back through this thread you'll notice a pattern. Whenever we talk about men we're crazy about, and we hint that we're ahead in our feelings, it doesn't work out. Check out the posters who are now ring shopping, engaged, or married. Notice how differently they talk about the men and the courtship process. The men are wild about them and they are meh about the guy. The men are way ahead in their feelings and are jumping through hoops to get the woman to catch up. It has taken me over a decade to realize that this is the only way for a woman to achieve absolute bliss in the relationship. I wasted so much time being super available to lukewarm men. Whenever you are waiting on him to catch up to your level of interest, you've given him the power. If he's blowing cold, downgrade him and make him chase. If he's interested, he'll happily do so and having to earn your time, attention, and approval is what will inspire love in him. It is the only way. Men do not fall in love the same way we fall in love. The chase has to be there for them to connect emotionally with a woman. He wants to chase you, he wants a challenge, so give it to him. Have enough faith that you're worth a dude breaking his neck to win your heart. You got this!

Thanks for posting this. This is such a good point!!!!

So....... Ex possible that I was really feeling but messed it up with his wishy washiness so I cut him all the way off has been trying to get back in. After I read him for filth he drove an hour each way to have lunch with me today. This is his first time seeing me in person since my weight loss and he was looking at me like he was willing to risk it all!!!!

I was 48 hot and tempting today for no dang reason but I'm glad I did!!!!

My birthday is tomorrow but I met up with some girlfriends for dinner last Saturday night. Our waiter comes and introduces himself. He was actually kind of handsome but not really what I go for. I don't know how it happened but he starts talking about his TWO baby mamas, how they don't like his current girlfriend, don't want her around their kids and how it's Thanksgiving and he's gonna spend it with his mom and kids and his girlfriend's gonna be with his family. My law school BFF and I are looking at each other like

tenor.gif

as this guy goes on and and on. He was nice for the whole meal. I asked for a candle for my piece of cake and the only one left was my favorite color, purple :p and I made sure to give him a good tip. But otherwise,

tumblr_ndlaq56f161tv4k5po1_500.gif

OkCupid has way better guys on it than Match. And that's saying a lot since I had already sworn off OkCupid. I just happened to go back over there last night and was like why do these guys look better and more worth my time than a site you have to pay for. Or could be just me seeing it through new eyes.

I think you're right. Many guys on paid sites are also on OkCupid so you're not missing out. OKC has been the only dating site I've ever had any "luck" on. I think it's because they don't have to use the same shady practices as paid sites. Paid sites have fake profiles and they keep up deactivated/unpaid profiles to tempt users into becoming paid members. Once you've paid, you find that many of those matches are cold. Those paid sites were just a waste of time for me.

So....... Ex possible that I was really feeling but messed it up with his wishy washiness so I cut him all the way off has been trying to get back in. After I read him for filth he drove an hour each way to have lunch with me today. This is his first time seeing me in person since my weight loss and he was looking at me like he was willing to risk it all!!!!

I was 48 hot and tempting today for no dang reason but I'm glad I did!!!!
Did you get up and go to the ladies’ room a few times? :lachen: and did you walk slow going there?

Back