I have encountered the above but I started meeting new men too at the networking functions. It is a mixed pot. I do have to say that any black men about his ish knows he is in demand. You have to get them vulnerable- learn them enough so you can hit a few buttons that have them reflecting on their lives and thinking about future decisions.
I don’t know how old you are but age is a sensitive subject for men over 35. Some of them start feeling societal pressure to settle down. I amplify that in a soft, feminine way...

I see...

I'll be 40 in February.

This dude got some nerve asking me out again. he asked me out 2 weeks ago and cancelled the day of. Why? He said he was gonna have a 2nd date with someone else he's really excited abouto_O.

So I said, didn' you have a date? How it go? lol. He gave me some long soliloquy about her being a liar. Ok.
Cool. but ninja I'm not going out with you!!!

Did you meet this guy online? I had a guy do something similar. He didn't cancel the date, but he told me that his only free day was Sunday because he had dates for Friday and Saturday already :lol:. These dudes online are lacking in so many social graces. :nono:

this actually means a lot. Basically, why aren't you picking up my call? I don't care what you are doing because nothing, not even sickness or death (coz he has no idea why you aren't answering) should keep you from answering MY calls therefore I will keep calling until you realize this.
someone who respects that you are your own person will leave a message and allow you to contact them when YOU are ready.

Years ago I had a nice, attentive, affectionate guy try to burn down our residence twice (the house I shared with a room mate). And he was a pastor, although that means nothing these days. So I know a bit about how these crazy guys can be :nono:.

That's crazy! I'm glad you got away from that safely.

One of my exes was this way and he turned out to be just as crazy. After the breakup he called me to tell me he was going to kill himself and he wanted me to hear it. This fool jumped from the top of his 1-story house. :look:

Did you meet this guy online? I had a guy do something similar. He didn't cancel the date, but he told me that his only free day was Sunday because he had dates for Friday and Saturday already :lol:. These dudes online are lacking in so many social graces. :nono:

One of my exes was this way and he turned out to be just as crazy. After the breakup he called me to tell me he was going to kill himself and he wanted me to hear it. This fool jumped from the top of his 1-story house. :look:
yes online. why it's my least favorite way to meet ppl.
-------

Going to a meet n greet tonight. My hair is looking fly... but it's raining now :lol: but screw it. imma go, have some wine, and chit chat. I'm terrible at small talk but *** it. gotta get out the house.

Omg I laughed. I'm sorry :look: is he ok?

Omg I laughed. I'm sorry :look: is he ok?

:lol: I laughed, too :look:. That fool was okay. He jumped his dumb behind right into some bushes. I hung up on him. He was an arrogant self-proclaimed nice guy who lured women in with being the perfect, attentive man but then turned out to be needy, jealous, and attention-seeking. It was young, dumb, blind love and I ran far away. Never again.

I'm cleaning up my romantic life. All of the guys I don't want I'm getting rid of. I need them to stop hanging around. I don't like all these fools coming back year after and doing the same thing over and over and ending up right back at the starting line. The broke dude I mentioned who argued with me over buying him a drink. Blocked. The dude who pretended to want something serious and is a supposed nice guy but always ends up talking about sex 24/7 because he thinks he will get some. Blocked. The guy who talks to me like a child and can never be serious. Blocked. The emotionally unavailable guy who is also a supposed nice guy but is nowhere to be found for support or to talk about anything meaningful. Blocked! And all the real ex's that didn't work out.

These guys come back every year and it's a never ending circle of nonsense. I'm getting off this ride and starting over. All numbers deleted and blocked. I'm calling in all new good people into my life.

I'm cleaning up my romantic life. All of the guys I don't want I'm getting rid of. I need them to stop hanging around. I don't like all these fools coming back year after and doing the same thing over and over and ending up right back at the starting line. The broke dude I mentioned who argued with me over buying him a drink. Blocked. The dude who pretended to want something serious and is a supposed nice guy but always ends up talking about sex 24/7 because he thinks he will get some. Blocked. The guy who talks to me like a child and can never be serious. Blocked. The emotionally unavailable guy who is also a supposed nice guy but is nowhere to be found for support or to talk about anything meaningful. Blocked! And all the real ex's that didn't work out.

These guys come back every year and it's a never ending circle of nonsense. I'm getting off this ride and starting over. All numbers deleted and blocked. I'm calling in all new good people into my life.

This is a great strategy for the New Year! :yep:

This is a great strategy for the New Year! :yep:
I got a random text yesterday from someone saying "how are things" and as I was trying to figure out the number I thought to myself nope no more of this. I actually got angry reading that message yesterday. As innocent as it seemed it wasn't innocent at all. These guys don't get to keep coming back, putting feelers out and seeing if I'll bite. Enough of this.

I got a random text yesterday from someone saying "how are things" and as I was trying to figure out the number I thought to myself nope no more of this. I actually got angry reading that message yesterday. As innocent as it seemed it wasn't innocent at all. These guys don't get to keep coming back, putting feelers out and seeing if I'll bite. Enough of this.
I did this earlier this year and I'm so happy I did!!!!

I'm with you! Those fools are scrolling through their phones and putting out lines to see if they can get a few bites now that they are bored. This is low quality behavior from low quality men. Cut 'em off!

Met an interesting guy at the meet and greet. I let him suck up all my time but thats ok. the other ppl were all late 50s and wyyyyytteee! i think we were just glad to not be the only ones.

anyhoo he was nice enough to walk me to my car. didn't pay for my drink (one glass of wine) tho so thats a strike.

said he'd hit me up on Facebook. I :rolleyes: like yea... but he sure did early this morning.

Pffftt...

Shy-Boo is exactly what he's named shy, & I keep asking why are you like that and he says because he just thinks to much before he will talk so whatever he wants to say or do he repeatedly thinks of it and just becomes mute. But when we have dates with alcohol involved he doesn't do that at all ughhh. Tuesday we went to dinner and both just had water and he was passive, no hugs & no kisses and it just throws me off.

Met an interesting guy at the meet and greet. I let him suck up all my time but thats ok. the other ppl were all late 50s and wyyyyytteee! i think we were just glad to not be the only ones.

anyhoo he was nice enough to walk me to my car. didn't pay for my drink (one glass of wine) tho so thats a strike.

said he'd hit me up on Facebook. I :rolleyes: like yea... but he sure did early this morning.

Pffftt...

Did you order the drink before or after you two started talking?

Glad you found someone to hang out with last night! Those meet and greets can be super lame when it is full of old, yt folks.

Pffftt...
Not paying for my drink is enough for me to ignore you for life.

Since I haven't been manhunting I've saved SO much money :lol:. Going out all of the time can get expensive, especially when you don't meet anyone to pick up the tab :look:. Yea I've been staying in quite a bit lately and I'm fine with that :yep:. I'm going to enjoy this lazy weekend watching tv and eating takeout. My bank account is happy right now. I'll probably pick back up with dating after my birthday in January.

Did you order the drink before or after you two started talking?

Glad you found someone to hang out with last night! Those meet and greets can be super lame when it is full of old, yt folks.
I started a tab. as we walked out I said oops I got this one glass but need to settle up. he just stood there then squared his own tab. The bartender was a gentleman and told me it was on him...

I went to a bar for lunch and I was typing a post up about my official break up with Bae #1 as I was on the phone with bae #2. Me and bae #2 have been official for a while. As I'm typing up bae says hes gonna call me back and we hang up. This stanken white man gonna say oh now that you're off the phone I can finally get your attention. First of all, get off my back. Second of all unless you paying for my flank steak get out my breathing space. Then he got mad when I shook my head no and said that's not the right attitude. I hate men and their bs.

SN: I do not like being in love. Makes me weak and overly honest. But I am quite lost in the sauce and I see no way out.

What's with guys who want to chat/text over these encrypted apps like Whatsapp, Telegram, and Signal? It's suspicious to me. Last time a guy suggested this I found out he was married. What do you all think? What's wrong with plain ol' SMS.

I hate this as well. When I first started communicating with SG, he switched from SMS to FB messenger. It bothered me because I was worried that he had a girlfriend he was somehow trying to hide me from. As it turns out, he just likes the little emojis they have on there. Me being me, I told him I was going off all social media because I was “overwhelmed” which was partly true. He thought I didn’t want to talk to him anymore at all, lol. We immediately switched back to SMS and he decided to go off social media too. All is well now. Idk if these other apps have some unique feature like the FB emojis, but I wouldn’t do it if you don’t feel comfortable.

I went to a bar for lunch and I was typing a post up about my official break up with Bae #1 as I was on the phone with bae #2. Me and bae #2 have been official for a while. As I'm typing up bae says hes gonna call me back and we hang up. This stanken white man gonna say oh now that you're off the phone I can finally get your attention. First of all, get off my back. Second of all unless you paying for my flank steak get out my breathing space. Then he got mad when I shook my head no and said that's not the right attitude. I hate men and their bs.

SN: I do not like being in love. Makes me weak and overly honest. But I am quite lost in the sauce and I see no way out.

:lol: Haven't heard the first bolded in a while.

As for the second bolded, would you say you feel more vulnerable than weak? Or are they the same?

Last edited:

Yes honey #blockedt
My block list is long.

:lol: Haven't heard the first bolded in a while.

As for the second bolded, would you say you feel more vulnerable than weak? Or are they the same?
I’m a very mean person. Being this happy makes me nice and I’m not used to being nice. Feeling vulnerable isn’t a bad feeling imo, it’s like I’m prepping to just someone and I don’t mind that. It’s the niceness that I cannot deal with.

Back