Did anyone dress up for Halloween?

I went as Cher from Clueless but I was annoyed because my homegirl was running hellllla late and we missed the party :rolleyes:, a waste of a cute costume but I might wear it again this evening :look:
I didn’t dress up this year. I ran out of time to do anything special to myself. Maybe next year..

Dating is an exercise. I've always known this but I keep reminding myself of it when I don't have the energy to do it. "It's like working out. Go exercise. Go flex these muscles and reap the rewards" is what I say to myself. Lol

That's a good way to view it. I haven't been getting any rewards though. I'm tired of spending time on fools.

I would rather have a nice deep conditioner and some pumpkin ice cream. What kind of help do you need?

Girl with these bills and responsibilities. My cousin said I don't necessarily need a husband to get help from a man with these things. I'm just tryna do it the right way. And quite frankly I want a husband. I want to be married but I'm tired of dating. I need a purposeful relationship not just a date. Deep conditioner and ice cream as nice and great as they are aren't cutting it for me any more. I think I'm just at that point in my life. I'm still growing and developing yes. Still trying to be my best self yes. But geez.

I don’t know, why would a woman be impressed by that? Unless he’s just really socially awkward? And then he let you pay too.
To be fair, he asked me if I was sure [about paying for my own stuff] over and over and I was so ready to go and so tipsy :look: that I was adamant about giving the girl my card

I seriously think a lot of guys in this area are like this. Think they deserve some kind of gold star because they've achieved regular adult things

Well y'all, I FINALLY went on a date! :toocool: This is the first real date I've had since January :spinning:. This guy drove 2 hours to see me, he paid for everything, and he bought me a bracelet from the art festival we attended since bracelets are my thing. We had a good time. There was no crazy, explosive chemistry, but that always gets me into trouble. This guy is a lot more nerdy and mellow than I'm used to, and he's average looking, but he's tall! I'm continuing to lean back, build a rotation, and remain detached and uninvested in the outcome. I'm also still working on moving to Canada. None of these dudes are getting in the way of my plans unless they really come with something.

So I had my 3rd date this weekend and this boy is extremely shy (even in high school) which is why I've also liked him from a distance. But once the liquor hit on Saturday he was aggressive. I like aggressive men lol. We had a great time and he also tried to take me down but I was like nah, we ain't established no rules or talked about no dating so he can def keep on waiting. I did stay the night at his place tho and we went to breakfast the next morning. We didn't get in until 5 am and I couldn't drive anymore.

So I get a text from Classic Man this morning. He doesn't want to see me anymore. I'm more shocked than sad. He said he thought our career paths were too different :confused: and we didn't have a romantic connection for a long-term future. 1) If he had issues with our differing career paths he never told me his concern. If anything I should be concerned about his. o_O He's an animator, does a lot of freelance stuff and told me he was concerned his contract wouldn't be renewed. So I call BS. 2) Only thing I can think of is I didn't sleep with him when I went to his apartment. :rolleyes: That's when the communication tapered off. Don't regret that decision one bit. If sex was what he wanted, he did a good job pretending that it wasn't.

I can overthink things and on our last date, when he was kissing me I felt like he was kissing me to find a romantic connection but I thought "nah you're just being paranoid." Because I can be.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. But I'm going to have a few days where I hate men. Because right now they all suck to me. He's blocked, removed from my IG. There are no pictures of us on social media but me made some together. They're gone. It's as if he never existed.

ETA: The strange thing is the text above it he responded to my question about his weekend with full answer. Complete sentences.

Last edited:
@ScorpioBeauty09 a text? He’s a bum and he’ll be back.
I don't see how, he's deleted. He has no way of getting in contact with me except e-mail but I gave him a non priority address so they can easily 'get lost.' Oh and I also found out he has a DUI and refused to talk about it. Not good considering I'm looking to leave the US (we both love traveling) and that mess follows you. Bullet dodged.

@ScorpioBeauty09 I'm surprised because it sounded like things were going nicely with getting to know each other. But be glad it's over before it really got started.
That's what I thought too. And in the text where he broke it off he responded to the question I asked him like in full sentences, continuing the conversation and then pivots. Maybe he pulled away because I didn't sleep with him on our last date though we did kiss a lot. I did have some concerns but I was willing to address them, you know communicate. But yeah I'm glad it's over before things really took off. Rejection is protection and now I'm available for the one who's really right for me.

@ScorpioBeauty09
He was looking for sex. When you were kissing he was looking to see if sex was going to follow, if it was going to lead to sex. He didn’t want to just kiss to kiss. So happy you didn’t have sex with him. I am glad he didn’t do the ghosting thing though. Sounds like he was pretty direct. A call would have been nice but I’m glad he didn’t string you along. On to the next. Remember that men are like buses.

@ScorpioBeauty09
He was looking for sex. When you were kissing he was looking to see if sex was going to follow, if it was going to lead to sex. He didn’t want to just kiss to kiss. So happy you didn’t have sex with him. I am glad he didn’t do the ghosting thing though. Sounds like he was pretty direct. A call would have been nice but I’m glad he didn’t string you along. On to the next. Remember that men are like buses.
Yeah that's what my mom and a girlfriend said.

I'll be okay in a couple days but right now all men suck and I'm done. I feel like the next guy I date I'm going to just be up front and say I'm not sleeping with you until I'm ready and if that's what you want then walk away now.

Hometown boo hit me up today and asked me what I was doing afterwork. I told him I was buying groceries. He asked what I was cooking and I told him.

He said or I can take you out to eat...

I said fine, come get me. He asked me for my address. Do you know this man drove from eastern Long Island to Manhattan to pick me up from work and took me out to eat in harlem?

Afterwards he suggested hookah and I was like, don’t you have to get up at 5am? He says, “don’t you know I own my own company?”

He shut my mouth wide open. We had a good time and if it wasn’t for crush bae I’d probably be more excited. I’ve known him since I was 12 and he treated me like a brother growing up. I don’t even know what to do with this man.

All my NYC ladies be careful today. Someone was shooting in Tribeca.
I heard! It happened on Chambers and the west side highway. My sister was calling me like crazy because during my lunch hour I like to walk on the West Side Highway. I usually try not to walk that far down and sometimes go as far as Chambers. Most days I stop at the World Trade Observatory because any farther and sometimes I'm late coming back from lunch. Plus it's always jam packed over there. Thank goodness I wasn't out there today. The receptionist kept me chatting too long and I didn't feel like going out after. This is scary. I was so freaked out. This is the 2nd time I've had a close call like this. A couple years ago there was a tour bus that crashed in Times Square. It crushed the little block thingy I used to sit on during my lunch hour. And that day I was walking to my spot when my mother called me and asked me to go to TJ Maxx to get her something which was in the opposite direction. I grumbled the whole way and even had the nerve to tell her I was already on my way to my spot. Until I got back to work and saw a live video of the very bench/block thingy I sit on pulled out of the ground because the bus hit it. SMH If that ain't divine intervention.

I heard! It happened on Chambers and the west side highway. My sister was calling me like crazy because during my lunch hour I like to walk on the West Side Highway. I usually try not to walk that far down and sometimes go as far as Chambers. Most days I stop at the World Trade Observatory because any farther and sometimes I'm late coming back from lunch. Plus it's always jam packed over there. Thank goodness I wasn't out there today. The receptionist kept me chatting too long and I didn't feel like going out after. This is scary. I was so freaked out. This is the 2nd time I've had a close call like this. A couple years ago there was a tour bus that crashed in Times Square. It crushed the little block thingy I used to sit on during my lunch hour. And that day I was walking to my spot when my mother called me and asked me to go to TJ Maxx to get her something which was in the opposite direction. I grumbled the whole way and even had the nerve to tell her I was already on my way to my spot. Until I got back to work and saw a live video of the very bench/block thingy I sit on pulled out of the ground because the bus hit it. SMH If that ain't divine intervention.

I used to work down there and I can imagine!

I’m glad you didn’t go out! I already had to deal with the Parade but once I heard it was near WTC I kindly gathered my belongings and left work. Nope!

I have been thinking about hometown boo and our “dates.”

He askes me a million questions every time I see him. Some of the questions he’s asked me seemed straight up from the list of “questions to fall in love.” He also asked me my top two love languages. What makes this hilarious is that he is a street dude.

When I asked him what made him hit me up to hang out the first time, his answer was “ somethings can’t be explained.”

It’s cute and sweet but I don’t know if I should be entertaining him.

Y'all don't even know right now I wish I knew how to post text messages and blur out the number and all that. Some guys are just so hilarious without even trying.:lachen::lachen::lachen:There was a guy I mentioned in here a while back saying I would always tell him I was busy when he asked me out and he came back asking me to pencil him in for December. So the other day he text me again and I just had to tell him flat out I wasn't interested. He asked me why and I broke it down. I basically told him I am looking for something very specific in a man I will entertain, I am dating for marriage, we didn't work out and that's fine, we are supposed to learn from our past and move forward not go backward, etc. etc. I was in a generous mood so I didn't feel like it was taking any time out for me to let him know why I will not be going out with him ever and why he should stop asking.

He dug his heels in and started telling me how he changed and he thinks he will be better this time and how he wants to take me out. Men say this a lot and out of sheer curiosity I asked what that meant to him and in what way in his mind would things be different? He said he will give more affection.... y'all that was it. :lachen:So I started laughing and said that's why you think it didn't work out??? So then I asked if you take me out where would we go. He said I was thinking this Sunday, we go to Coney Island, have some food, go for a walk... I bust out laughing and said in this weather??? You trying to date on a budget? So you gonna take me to Coney Island in cold weather so we can have some Nathans and walk on the cold arse beach? Do I look 15 years old to you? I could not stop laughing!

I called my sister to tell her about it and she reminded me that me and this dude got into an argument when we dated because I told him I wasn't buying the next round of drinks when we were out one time. I had completely forgotten about that! The sequence of events were still a little vague and my sister recounted the whole story. She said I told her we were out and he made a joke (or what I thought was a joke a the time) that I should buy the next round and I - thinking it was a joke - said back "why would I buy you anything? Half joking and half not. He got mad and was funky the rest of the night and he even told me on the way back he didn't like my attitude. :angry2: I couldn't even remember why me and this guy stopped talking I just knew I didn't like him. She said that was why and that was the last date we went on. Then I was mad that I had bothered to be nice and explain to him why we wouldn't be dating again. Why are there so many bums out there. Why are there men out there that don't know how to date. That don't know that in your 30's a walk in Coney Island in November is not cute and romantic as a first date. You are supposed to be impressing me. I can take my damn self to Coney Island. Good day sir.

Y'all don't even know right now I wish I knew how to post text messages and blur out the number and all that. Some guys are just so hilarious without even trying.:lachen::lachen::lachen:There was a guy I mentioned in here a while back saying I would always tell him I was busy when he asked me out and he came back asking me to pencil him in for December. So the other day he text me again and I just had to tell him flat out I wasn't interested. He asked me why and I broke it down. I basically told him I am looking for something very specific in a man I will entertain, I am dating for marriage, we didn't work out and that's fine, we are supposed to learn from our past and move forward not go backward, etc. etc. I was in a generous mood so I didn't feel like it was taking any time out for me to let him know why I will not be going out with him ever and why he should stop asking.

He dug his heels in and started telling me how he changed and he thinks he will be better this time and how he wants to take me out. Men say this a lot and out of sheer curiosity I asked what that meant to him and in what way in his mind would things be different? He said he will give more affection.... y'all that was it. :lachen:So I started laughing and said that's why you think it didn't work out??? So then I asked if you take me out where would we go. He said I was thinking this Sunday, we go to Coney Island, have some food, go for a walk... I bust out laughing and said in this weather??? You trying to date on a budget? So you gonna take me to Coney Island in cold weather so we can have some Nathans and walk on the cold arse beach? Do I look 15 years old to you? I could not stop laughing!

I called my sister to tell her about it and she reminded me that me and this dude got into an argument when we dated because I told him I wasn't buying the next round of drinks when we were out one time. I had completely forgotten about that! The sequence of events were still a little vague and my sister recounted the whole story. She said I told her we were out and he made a joke (or what I thought was a joke a the time) that I should buy the next round and I - thinking it was a joke - said back "why would I buy you anything? Half joking and half not. He got mad and was funky the rest of the night and he even told me on the way back he didn't like my attitude. :angry2: I couldn't even remember why me and this guy stopped talking I just knew I didn't like him. She said that was why and that was the last date we went on. Then I was mad that I had bothered to be nice and explain to him why we wouldn't be dating again. Why are there so many bums out there. Why are there men out there that don't know how to date. That don't know that in your 30's a walk in Coney Island in November is not cute and romantic as a first date. You are supposed to be impressing me. I can take my damn self to Coney Island. Good day sir.

:rofl: hilarious!!

Back