New guy is meeting my needs for physical affection that is non- sexual. Hugging, hand-holding, just touching. He is very affectionate. Other than that, I feel no spark. But according to the book I read, that no spark feeling is good when you are used to bad relationships. With China Man, it was like a spark that turned into a flame that turned into blue flame that charred us both. I'm tired of being burned.

I’ve read this many times. An early spark is often a sign of danger. Who knew? Women out here looking for amazing chemistry off the bat versus compatibility, common values, kindness, etc. Please keep us updated. I am curious to see how things turn out for you with this guy.

I’ve read this many times. An early spark is often a sign of danger. Who knew? Women out here looking for amazing chemistry off the bat versus compatibility, common values, kindness, etc. Please keep us updated. I am curious to see how things turn out for you with this guy.

This is actually kind of reassuring for me, because my last relationship was not the best, and Soccer Guy and I did NOT have an early spark. At least on my end. He, on the other hand, has already started talking about, “I have a good feeling about us” and “when you know, you know”.

I'm doing it. I'm applying for Canadian permanent residency. I'm planning on going the express entry route but we'll see what happens. :look: This has become my main focus and I love it!

In the meantime, I've been wanting to ask my boss if I can work out the last 8-9 months of my contract remotely. I have no desire to remain in this city and I'd rather spend most of next year living as a temporary resident in Canada so I can make connections while I wait things out. I'm so nervous about asking even though I have no need to be in the office for anything that I do. My work is 100% digital and I've done some remote projects for this company in the past. Has anyone else had luck with this? I don't even know where to begin.

Speaking of men, I have been chatting back and forth with a guy that seems promising, but he's just come at the wrong time because I'm trying to be out of this joker by March '18. I'll just have fun for now because every online guy that I've thought was promising up to this point just disappears. Plus he lives 2 hours away so there's that. We shall see.

My weekend was interesting but also pretty amazing. I went to an art show in BK alone. It was a bunch of beautiful, big booty black women with natural hair.

The artist spoke and a lot of things she said resonated with me. I was so glad I came out cuz a girl was tired.

I headed up to Harlem afterwards to see my friend perform. I got there a bit early and a film was playing it was really entertaining and the discussion afterwards was inspiring.

The filmmaker knew my friend who I was coming to watch...I guess he was talking about me to him because later on in the evening he approached me.

He says, “so, you’re african american?” I say yes and he’s like “wow, the real deal!”

I’m still not sure what he meant by that but he’s Congolese and it was his first time in the U.S.

I left and went to my regular spot...and who do I see? Physician bae...with his intern. He introduced me and I talked to her a bit while he bought us both drinks :rolleyes:

Then I left them and danced with a sexy man out of spite. 5 mins later, he’s walking out with his intern. At this point I’m ready to leave and somehow he’s back in the place again but alone. He stops me to talk but I tell him my Lyft is outside and bounce.

Sunday I went to a poetry event at the museum of sex. An associate was the organizer and I’m a fan of the featured poet so I was excited to attend. It was flipping amazing. Anyway, towards the end I see crush bae out of the corner of my eye...I pretend not to see him. When it is over he comes to me and I almost don’t know what to do with myself. Id like to believe he came because he saw me post from my ig story...but it could be because our mutual friend was performing. I ended up going out to eat with him and the crew.

He tried to set up a lunch date today but out schedules ain’t matching up.

Sorry so long but my friends are tired of me so y’all have to “listen” to me say a bunch of nothing.

I’m realizing that I have gone into a bit of a seclusion phase, I am working on my master’s degree but I tend to use that as excuse as to why I am in the house so much, but it’s honestly detrimental in the end.

I deleted all of my online dating profiles and I made a goal to get out of the house at least 2-3 times during the week and at least one outing on the weekend as well, there is no excuse for me to be in the house all of the time.

I’m realizing that I have gone into a bit of a seclusion phase, I am working on my master’s degree but I tend to use that as excuse as to why I am in the house so much, but it’s honestly detrimental in the end.

I deleted all of my online dating profiles and I made a goal to get out of the house at least 2-3 times during the week and at least one outing on the weekend as well, there is no excuse for me to be in the house all of the time.

How long has it been now since you've been in Dallas? How are you liking it so far?

So let me tell y'all about my dumba** ex

So my Mexican home girl is out Saturday night and she's like I think I see your ex and snaps me a picture, says he doesn't speak to her at all and she doesn't speak to him. So I'm like you sure its him and she's like yeah cause I left the bar and then he liked some pictures on my IG, but how did he find me. So y'all know I'm hot and embarrassed and just mad. So I hit him up like so you seen my girl last night at the bar and he's like yeah and I'm like you can't speak but you can be a creep and like her pictures on IG. All he texted back is damn and I'm like yeah that's how I felt. So then he's like okay I am just going to be honest I have a fake page and I followed a few of your friends to see what you be posting when you go out of town. I'm like seriously at this point your just embarrassing me so today at work I had her block him and I sent him a screen shot like don't ever disrespect me again creeping on 1 of my good friends I had her block you so now you can keep lurking from your "fake page"

So let me tell y'all about my dumba** ex

So my Mexican home girl is out Saturday night and she's like I think I see your ex and snaps me a picture, says he doesn't speak to her at all and she doesn't speak to him. So I'm like you sure its him and she's like yeah cause I left the bar and then he liked some pictures on my IG, but how did he find me. So y'all know I'm hot and embarrassed and just mad. So I hit him up like so you seen my girl last night at the bar and he's like yeah and I'm like you can't speak but you can be a creep and like her pictures on IG. All he texted back is damn and I'm like yeah that's how I felt. So then he's like okay I am just going to be honest I have a fake page and I followed a few of your friends to see what you be posting when you go out of town. I'm like seriously at this point your just embarrassing me so today at work I had her block him and I sent him a screen shot like don't ever disrespect me again creeping on 1 of my good friends I had her block you so now you can keep lurking from your "fake page"

What the hell??? He’s lame and immature.

To this day I see many women of marriageable age dismiss a man due to having no spark even when they are fine in other areas. I just shake my head. I have seen it even on this forum. Not saying one shouldn't be attracted to a man, but that can come later. And it (the spark) tends to come and go even in good relationships.

I like asking mature and older couples who have been together for years in good marriages what kept them going. I have never been told it was because of a spark.

So most of y'all know by my other thread we had a fire. Well, the neighbor did on our shared walls. We almost lost everything.

She's a single-ish mother too but has an SO (not married).

I was first responder. I called 911 while she panicked.

Had to rescue my cat and purse (needed id and cc in case i had to stay at hotel). DD was finishing up at a slumber party. She was safe and blissfully ignorant thank god.

I steeled myself, preparing to watch my life's material possessions turn to ash. Surreal.

Listen, single women. Have your **** together for a real emergency. Scratch these dudes for a hot minute. You got renters or homeowners insurance for fire or flood? An exit plan in case of fire or, real crazy, home invasion?

Are you emotionally ready to handle post trauma emotions from emergencies alone? What's your support system?

These are rhetorical. I know we like to focus on dating... but it's single ladies support for life as a single women. There's so much more to that...

Anyway, by the grace of all things good, we received ZERO damage. Not even water from the firemen pumping gallons in there for over 20min.

Half of her apartment looks like charcoal. The neighbor will recover from her burns and be OK in time. She had insurance so will financially recover as well. So not such a bad ending.

So most of y'all know by my other thread we had a fire. Well, the neighbor did on our shared walls. We almost lost everything.

She's a single-ish mother too but has an SO (not married).

I was first responder. I called 911 while she panicked.

Had to rescue my cat and purse (needed id and cc in case i had to stay at hotel). DD was finishing up at a slumber party. She was safe and blissfully ignorant thank god.

I steeled myself, preparing to watch my life's material possessions turn to ash. Surreal.

Listen, single women. Have your **** together for a real emergency. Scratch these dudes for a hot minute. You got renters or homeowners insurance for fire or flood? An exit plan in case of fire or, real crazy, home invasion?

Are you emotionally ready to handle post trauma emotions from emergencies alone? What's your support system?

These are rhetorical. I know we like to focus on dating... but it's single ladies support for life as a single women. There's so much more to that...

Anyway, by the grace of all things good, we received ZERO damage. Not even water from the firemen pumping gallons in there for over 20min.

Half of her apartment looks like charcoal. The neighbor will recover from her burns and be OK in time. She had insurance so will financially recover as well. So not such a bad ending.
OMG THAT'S HORRIBLE. I am glad everyone is ok. I didn't see your other thread...

It’s been 6 months, can’t believe it’s been that long :spinning:! I love it here, there is always something to do which is why I need to stop being such a house mouse.

Waaaaay more people/men of color which is a huge plus for me.
I still haven't made my way to Dallas yet (other than the airport lol). I know too many people there to not have gone. I'll make sure I go before I move in June.

I've also become a bit of a recluse. I workout with my friends once or twice a week, and have work sessions at cafes once a week, but that's about it. I have no desire to go out because work has been ridiculous, and I'm over going to the same spots. I'm also trying to lose weight and save money...so I just stay at home.

I am excited (and a little nervous) about the last 8 weeks of the year; I'll be in Chicago twice, San Fran Bay Area twice, NYC, and Boston :drunk:All for work. Oh, and Charleston for a wedding. It's a lot, but I loooove catching flights. I always meet a travel bae.

I still haven't made my way to Dallas yet (other than the airport lol). I know too many people there to not have gone. I'll make sure I go before I move in June.

I've also become a bit of a recluse. I workout with my friends once or twice a week, and have work sessions at cafes once a week, but that's about it. I have no desire to go out because work has been ridiculous, and I'm over going to the same spots. I'm also trying to lose weight and save money...so I just stay at home.

I am excited (and a little nervous) about the last 8 weeks of the year; I'll be in Chicago twice, San Fran Bay Area twice, NYC, and Boston :drunk:All for work. Oh, and Charleston for a wedding. It's a lot, but I loooove catching flights. I always meet a travel bae.

Me, too! :lol: People think I'm crazy but I get excited about flying, and I always meet men when I travel. I hope you meet a few travel baes.

For those that don’t have it there is an insurance app called “Lemonade”, you can get renters insurance for as low as $10 a month.

This is a good tip. I have it bundled with my auto insurance right now and it's too high IMO.

Think I am going to dress up to go to the kiddie Halloween thing with DS. I will probably like it more than him LOL!

I am trying to lose weight and save money too and all my friends want to do is go eat and drink:mad:

**clears throat** ugh ugh... So been outta looking to do anything related to dating for last 2/3 weeks, my father passed...

A guy, I was speaking with over 6 months ago hits me up...

Who's this I inquire...
Him: states name
"Oh you still have number?
Him: yes of course, because I'm interested, next text: Are you interested?, no response... deleted cause no need to entertain... gettin betta with the block game, vetting process :grin:

why this m0f0 sends me a text TALKING AT ME this am... Lol, Im like really guy....

Le sigh :rolleyes:

You should definitely check Dallas out! Where are you moving to?

I’ve lost 25lbs since I’ve been here but I rarely workout so I need to at least get out the house and go to the gym.

Ohh your travel schedule is lit :toocool: and weddings are always clutch for meeting potentials boo’s.

Back