Honestly, it sounds like he's trying to get a green card OR he's already in a relationship. A lot of times these island dudes try to be real slick with it and ain't about ish. So like the PP said, just let his actions speak. TBH, I probably wouldn't even waste anymore time on him given what you've said.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there's some agenda. Unfortunately for him, I'm jaded AF right now, he won't get very far.

Last night I was sitting down with a glass of wine and thinking about my life so I was not in a good mood. And I get a text message from some dude I dated like 100 years ago that said "how's your summer going?" @chocolat79 do we know the same guy? lol I replied summer's over and he came with small talk about how he loves the fall. I didn't reply. He says are you interested in joining me for a drink this evening. I wrote back no thank you. He wrote back when would be a good time this week. I don't want to go out with him so I said I'm kind of busy this week. He says Are you free Friday? I say no. He says well you aren't doing anything right now and I tell him I do not accept last minute dates but thanks. Then he goes what about December. You can't possibly be busy in December so I would like to book a date then. I just stopped responding.

Last night I was sitting down with a glass of wine and thinking about my life so I was not in a good mood. And I get a text message from some dude I dated like 100 years ago that said "how's your summer going?" @chocolat79 do we know the same guy? lol I replied summer's over and he came with small talk about how he loves the fall. I didn't reply. He says are you interested in joining me for a drink this evening. I wrote back no thank you. He wrote back when would be a good time this week. I don't want to go out with him so I said I'm kind of busy this week. He says Are you free Friday? I say no. He says well you aren't doing anything right now and I tell him I do not accept last minute dates but thanks. Then he goes what about December. You can't possibly be busy in December so I would like to book a date then. I just stopped responding.

:lol:

:rofl:

My ex sent me an invite to his party and there's some sexual innuendo on the flyer that my homegirl noticed so I asked him about it with a bunch of laughing emojis. He replied saying he's happy I noticed that with a wink emoji. Why when he got off work he called me and asked me to come outside cause he wanted to ask me something. I say yes because Slim loves trouble & I love a good F-boy. He starts by saying how he now realizes how much I loved him and how I always support. How I'm always so helpful and concerned about him & how he knows I'm gonna be a great mother. I'm just sitting there smiling and listening. Then he dives right into the nasty talk so my smile disappears and I stop him like buddy we can be friends but we can't do no sex talk, I am spoken for. Now he's been texting me all week saying good morning. I think I'm gonna change my costume for his Halloween party. I was gonna be a Baywatch babe but I'll be something else cause I don't need him on me all night long.

I need some advice ladies!

So last Monday this guy I've been chatting with on OkCupid asked me if I'd like to check out a museum with him this weekend. He gave me a choice of Saturday or Sunday. I chose Saturday because my Sundays are booked. He's been in Europe all last week so I didn't expect a bunch of back and forth messages, but I haven't heard anything since I agreed to meet. Plus he hasn't signed into the app since Tuesday :look:.

I also realized that we haven't exchanged names yet :spinning:. It's just been small talk and I've been leaning back and letting him take the lead but now I'm not even sure if he's interested anymore. I was just invited by a buddy to go kayaking this Saturday and I'm tempted to ditch plans with Cupid dude. I feel like reaching out to see if we're still on is leaning forward.

Considering this dude hasn't even asked me my name yet, should I just count this one as a loss and take my behind kayaking this Saturday instead? Would it be reasonable for me to give him until tomorrow to say something before I book my Saturday? As you can tell, I haven't been in the game in a while, and it is hard for me to pass up a good ol' kayaking trip.

What would y'all do?

I need some advice ladies!

So last Monday this guy I've been chatting with on OkCupid asked me if I'd like to check out a museum with him this weekend. He gave me a choice of Saturday or Sunday. I chose Saturday because my Sundays are booked. He's been in Europe all last week so I didn't expect a bunch of back and forth messages, but I haven't heard anything since I agreed to meet. Plus he hasn't signed into the app since Tuesday :look:.

I also realized that we haven't exchanged names yet :spinning:. It's just been small talk and I've been leaning back and letting him take the lead but now I'm not even sure if he's interested anymore. I was just invited by a buddy to go kayaking this Saturday and I'm tempted to ditch plans with Cupid dude. I feel like reaching out to see if we're still on is leaning forward.

Considering this dude hasn't even asked me my name yet, should I just count this one as a loss and take my behind kayaking this Saturday instead? Would it be reasonable for me to give him until tomorrow to say something before I book my Saturday? As you can tell, I haven't been in the game in a while, and it is hard for me to pass up a good ol' kayaking trip.

What would y'all do?

If he doesn't reach out by tomorrow or Wednesday at the very latest I would go kayaking. If he reaches out, I would say something like "I hadn't heard from you in a while and wasn't sure if you were still up for the museum on Saturday, so I made other plans. Maybe we can reschedule later this week?" Especially if he tries reaching out the same day you're supposed to meet up. And that's if you're really interested in seeing him. If not, then I wouldn't even menruin anything about rescheduling.

Lol I had to send a similar message to Filipino bae last week when he kind of waited until the last minute to confirm plans.

Last edited:
^^^ Reschedule with dude (if he even really follows up, he's suspect right now) and go kayaking.

If he doesn't reach out by tomorrow or Wednesday at the very latest I would go kayaking. If he reaches out, I would say something like "I hadn't heard from you in a while and wasn't sure if you were still up for the museum on Saturday, so I made other plans. Maybe we can reschedule later this week?" Especially if he tries reaching out the same day you're supposed to meet up. And that's if you're really interested in seeing him. If not, then I wouldn't even menruin anything about rescheduling.

Lol I had to send a similar message to Filipino bae last week when he kind of waited until the last minute to confirm plans.

Thanks y'all! This is kinda what I wanted to do.

@SurferBabe is he still in Europe? I'm rarely on my phone when I'm traveling. Most times I don't even bother with international service or connecting to wifi. Online situations are often flaky, I like @Damaris.Elle suggestion. It's unbothered and light.

He might still be in Europe and you're right, I don't bother with internet at all when overseas. I kinda wish he would have at least given me an "ok" or something last week before he left so I could be prepared for this weekend but I'm not sweating it. I'll give him until tomorrow to confirm and if not, I'm going kayaking.

Thanks again ladies!

I decided to stop ignoring the messages of a guy I briefly dated because honestly it was just getting exhausting and took so much energy to hate him. I just wanted to be like hi, I'm fine, glad you're fine, etc and move on with life without so much built up hate. He's all whoever you're dating now is a lucky man, you're one of my favorite women of all time :blah: :rolleyes: He's trifling, and married. Thank God I dodged a bullet.

So on my dating app I matched with a 2 really cute guys. I had told my home girls with this new round of online dating I needed to set rules and expectations "Like don't ask me to come chill, actually plan a date" & "I ain't on here for casual sex so keep it moving with that".

Just my luck 1 guy was like, "I live solo" and "I was like okay, what does that mean" he was like, "You can come chill" & I was like' "We can meet up" and I never heard from him again.

2nd guy just instantly says, "I wanna be next to you", I'm like, "You don't even know me". Thought that was the end of that but I guess he got his numbers confused cause he texted me like, "Give me your address so I can pull up" I'm like, "No" he was like, "Don't be like that, on snap you just said we could f**k in my car". I was like, "Ummm you texting the person, but please be safe since you out here thoting" and then I blocked him. Dodged 2 bullets

2nd guy just instantly says, "I wanna be next to you", I'm like, "You don't even know me". Thought that was the end of that but I guess he got his numbers confused cause he texted me like, "Give me your address so I can pull up" I'm like, "No" he was like, "Don't be like that, on snap you just said we could f**k in my car". I was like, "Ummm you texting the person, but please be safe since you out here thoting" and then I blocked him. Dodged 2 bullets

Omg that's hilarious :lachen:I wonder if he even tried to respond to you after you let him know he was texting the wrong person.

So on Sunday I gave this guy my number & he hit me up yesterday evening and we've been chatting ever since. This afternoon we discussed where we lived in the city and realized that we live rather close to each other, I stopped responding to him for a little while because I got busy with work and he just sent me this

"Not having heard your voice nor seen u, even tho your apparently up the street, I'm starting to suspect you're a man"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to hear my voice you should call me then right? Or if you want to see me and you should invite me out right? I'm thinking it's time for a block!

So on Sunday I gave this guy my number & he hit me up yesterday evening and we've been chatting ever since. This afternoon we discussed where we lived in the city and realized that we live rather close to each other, I stopped responding to him for a little while because I got busy with work and he just sent me this

"Not having heard your voice nor seen u, even tho your apparently up the street, I'm starting to suspect you're a man"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to hear my voice you should call me then right? Or if you want to see me and you should invite me out right? I'm thinking it's time for a block!

TBH - his text message is lame. Why would he even fix his mouth to say that?!

Back