I'm back and I found me a cute attorney with a doctor (pediatrician) brother while I was away. I had a hard time choosing between the 2 (my sister didn't want either) so I just flirted with them both the whole weekend. Lol They stayed in the same house me and my sis stayed in and we met them at breakfast and and joked how we were both on trips with our siblings. My sister is so head over heels for her stupid boyfriend :rolleyes: that she wouldn't give the doctor the time of day and he was definitely into her. Doctor was way cuter than the attorney but of course the attorney latched onto me because I said I was a paralegal. I shouldn't have done that. Anyway, they took us to Nancy's for dinner on Saturday and then we went to the beach Sunday morning. Before we left I gave the attorney my number. Is it weird that I'm hoping he doesn't call? I am just so comfy not dating right now but I know I'm about to be in the danger zone if I get too comfortable here. Then I'll look up and it'll be a year later and I'm still saying I'm good with not dating. I need to get it together.

Sooooo I think I may have unintentionally sparked a bidding war. I floated the idea (read: lied) that I might be married, just to see how this guy I'm currently dating would respond and his response was surprisingly....understanding?

I told him I wasn't but considering marrying the green card guy for the money (not really but he doesn't need to know that) and he told me he would pay me more to date him. Idk what to do now. :look:

Sooooo I think I may have unintentionally sparked a bidding war. I floated the idea (read: lied) that I might be married, just to see how this guy I'm currently dating would respond and his response was surprisingly....understanding?

I told him I wasn't but considering marrying the green card guy for the money (not really but he doesn't need to know that) and he told me he would pay me more to date him. Idk what to do now. :look:
Pay you to date him? Do you like this guy at all? The only way I'd consider it is if I didn't like him and needed an incentive to continue on with him.

Mr Grabby is an idiot. He called me this morning. I picked up and he was quiet a few moments. This fool said "I bet you weren't expecting me to call" :rolleyes:

I say no because of the way you sped off. He asked me if I felt bad about it and I said bad for what??? I was amused. He said bad for over reacting.

I called him every type of idiot. He said I knew it was an accident and blah blah blah. I said whether it was an accident or not didn't matter. I told him that he was stupid for inviting himself to my apt and he said he was only joking.

He is so stupid and annoying that I just hung up mid sentence.

Mr Grabby is an idiot. He called me this morning. I picked up and he was quiet a few moments. This fool said "I bet you weren't expecting me to call" :rolleyes:

I say no because of the way you sped off. He asked me if I felt bad about it and I said bad for what??? I was amused. He said bad for over reacting.

I called him every type of idiot. He said I knew it was an accident and blah blah blah. I said whether it was an accident or not didn't matter. I told him that he was stupid for inviting himself to my apt and he said he was only joking.

I'm confused about what y'all are discussing as a mistake. It can't possibly be when he grabbed your breast. Is it? Did he have a seizure and his hand landed on your breast? Because otherwise.....wtf..

Girl why haven't you blocked him yet? :look:

I'm confused about what y'all are discussing as a mistake. It can't possibly be when he grabbed your breast. Is it? Did he have a seizure and his hand landed on your breast? Because otherwise.....wtf..

Girl why haven't you blocked him yet? :look:
He was driving. He wasn't looking when he reached over. I thought he was going to squeeze my shoulder cuz that's what would have made sense with what he was saying.

Take the money? Cause why not? LOL men use to have to pay to get married to women. Think of this as the modernized version of having a dowry, except for marriage it's for keeping your attention.

So I'm in Houston and got through all that storm madness. I have a male friend (romantic a year ago, platonic since then, I shut things down) who I talk to on the phone a few times a week. About 2 months ago, he mentioned that he is dating someone. I told him I was happy for him (I am) and out of respect for his new relationship, think its best to fall back a bit on our talks. He's all like "naw, she knows about you and that we are friends". I pulled back anyway and only answered the phone maybe once a week and chatted briefly. Since dating this woman, our convos digressed into him wanting to talk about what he is thinking of doing for her, places he wants to take her. I don't want him and am not jealous, but don't understand why he thinks I'm interested in hearing this, especially since it is why I cooled it with him myself, I felt he wasn't courting me properly (he's aware of this btw).

Anyway, so this "friend" did not reach out to me once to see if I and my daughter were ok during the storm and I'm salty about it to the point that I'm thinking I should block him altogether. I had folks I haven't spoken to in years reaching out to me over the last 5 days to see how we are faring. Yes, there is the chance he is in a ditch somewhere, but I honestly don't believe that. I feel like any friend, particularly a male one, who cares about you at all, would at least check in to see how you are doing.

Do you guys think it makes sense to block this guy and keep it moving?

So I'm in Houston and got through all that storm madness. I have a male friend (romantic a year ago, platonic since then, I shut things down) who I talk to on the phone a few times a week. About 2 months ago, he mentioned that he is dating someone. I told him I was happy for him (I am) and out of respect for his new relationship, think its best to fall back a bit on our talks. He's all like "naw, she knows about you and that we are friends". I pulled back anyway and only answered the phone maybe once a week and chatted briefly. Since dating this woman, our convos digressed into him wanting to talk about what he is thinking of doing for her, places he wants to take her. I don't want him and am not jealous, but don't understand why he thinks I'm interested in hearing this, especially since it is why I cooled it with him myself, I felt he wasn't courting me properly (he's aware of this btw).

Anyway, so this "friend" did not reach out to me once to see if I and my daughter were ok during the storm and I'm salty about it to the point that I'm thinking I should block him altogether. I had folks I haven't spoken to in years reaching out to me over the last 5 days to see how we are faring. Yes, there is the chance he is in a ditch somewhere, but I honestly don't believe that. I feel like any friend, particularly a male one, who cares about you at all, would at least check in to see how you are doing.

What value does he provide as a friend right now, especially since he is in a relationship?

Classic Man texted me both Sunday and yesterday. I like that he is keeping in constant contact but he's clearly multitasking because it takes him a while to respond. It doesn't annoy me... yet. :look: So far our conversations are intellectual. I like that but I want to go deeper. He better get back to me about our next date soon because my week is already filling up and I'm not holding a place for him.

Side note: My HS BFF's relationship ended sooner than I predicted and for some reason that's sparked me to see where this can go with Classic Man.

violation. flag on the play. i have a problem that he felt the need to call you and invalidate your reaction.
doesn't scream supportive or accountable. he's burden shifting. the burden was on him to treat you like a lady. the burden was on him to make you comfortable. the burden was on him to honor your wish to go home. and he couldn't walk you to the door, or even as much as sit there and wait to see that you got inside safely? no home training. then to call you and say you're over-reacting? I can just hear him in the future.
and this was the first-ish date? no. this is the best he's gonna get. next! please please block him.

violation. flag on the play. i have a problem that he felt the need to call you and invalidate your reaction.
doesn't scream supportive or accountable. he's burden shifting. the burden was on him to treat you like a lady. the burden was on him to make you comfortable. the burden was on him to honor your wish to go home. and he couldn't walk you to the door, or even as much as sit there and wait to see that you got inside safely? no home training. then to call you and say you're over-reacting? I can just hear him in the future.
and this was the first-ish date? no. this is the best he's gonna get. next! please please block him.
He is a stupid man who is trying to be manipulative but doesn't have the brain power to pull it off.

I would say I was over it but I was never under it.

Five days and no call when he usually calls twice a week? He's selfish and possibly lying about her knowing about you. Maybe they were trapped in the house together and he couldn't talk but his behind still could've texted. He's not useful to you. Drop him.

I just blocked this dude I've been seeing for a few months for similar reasons @sunnydaze. This fool told me today "good luck" when I told him I wasn't able to find gas, water, supplies, etc. today for hurricane Irma that's supposed to hit south florida. I was lying :lol: I'm well prepared for the hurricane but wanted to see what he was going to do. That fool said "good luck" o_O. Sir, you just signed your own walking papers. A man is supposed to show that he can protect and provide at a minimum and he talmbout "good luck." Aiight. Bet. Good luck and good riddance to you bruh.

I just blocked this dude I've been seeing for a few months for similar reasons @sunnydaze. This fool told me today "good luck" when I told him I wasn't able to find gas, water, supplies, etc. today for hurricane Irma that's supposed to hit south florida. I was lying :lol: I'm well prepared for the hurricane but wanted to see what he was going to do. That fool said "good luck" o_O. Sir, you just signed your own walking papers. A man is supposed to show that he can protect and provide at a minimum and he talmbout "good luck." Aiight. Bet. Good luck and good riddance to you bruh.
wow. loser.

hmm, if you two really are friends, then communicate your disappointment about the hurricane correspondence and give him a chance to explain. or in other words, treat him like you'd treat a girlfriend. wwyd if a girlfriend did this to you? how would you feel if a girlfriend talked about her new guy? would you block her?

p.s. glad you're safe after the storm!

Lmao!
I did the same thing to one of the guys I was talking to and he offered me cuddles .. boy bye. Your cuddles can't fill my (already filled) gas tank.

But i will say a few guys are stepping up.. offering to help with prep and get me supplies.

Pay you to date him? Do you like this guy at all? The only way I'd consider it is if I didn't like him and needed an incentive to continue on with him.

Lol. I'd do it.. especially if I liked him. Sets the tone early.

Sounds like some great holiday gifts in your future @hunnychile

Back