Happy birthday @KammyGirl !!!!

giphy.gif

It's so cute seeing Soccer Guy get nervous about meeting my mom. He texted me yesterday to ask if he should shave his beard, which cracked me up. I told him to just make sure it's well-groomed.

I'm nervous too, because I want it to go well and for everyone to like each other. Situations where I can't predict the outcome make me anxious. Despite my anxiety, I'm sure the actual dinner will be very anticlimactic.

I wonder if he was this nervous when I met his parents? :scratchchin:

I went through a situation with a guy last week. We were talking and all of a sudden he mentions to me that he lost his brother a couple of months ago. Mood goes down, I go into listening mode in case he wanted to talk about it, but he just said he can't dwell on it.

The next day he switches up, not texting me at all and he's normally a bug aboo. So I call him on it. He tells me he never talked about his brothers death before and he needed the time that day to speak with his family because only they could understand but he would try to do better.

I said don't try. Just focus on dealing with your grief, don't worry about texting me, and I'm praying for you.

I had my date with Classic Man. It was fun. We discussed a lot but didn't get too deep. We discussed our families, movie tastes, traveling, how he likes living in SF and some other stuff. We went to two art exhibits but spent most of our time at a Chinese restaurant. He's an animator and was analyzing all the painting. He is super sweet and gentlemanly. I love how easy our conversation is. My home life is kinda crazy right now so this was a nice respite. I felt like I could be myself with him and be playful and energetic. We debated our movie tastes and shared bits of our lives up to this point.

I got his birthday and birth place so I could configure his astrology chart. It makes so much sense. I feel a subtle sexual tension with him but not overt. I need to get to know him more to know if I see relationship potential. I want to know about his past relationships and where he sees his life going like does he want marriage and children? :look:

So... I was on Tinder for about 2 months at the end of last year beginning this year. Obviously, I interacted with quite a few guys that I never actually met. I ran into two of the guys out and about and they actually came up to me like "All4tris? Do you remember me?"

One of the guys told me that he was nervous about saying anything to me because he felt like he missed his opportunity.

So... I was on Tinder for about 2 months at the end of last year beginning this year. Obviously, I interacted with quite a few guys that I never actually met. I ran into two of the guys out and about and they actually came up to me like "All4tris? Do you remember me?"

One of the guys told me that he was nervous about saying anything to me because he felt like he missed his opportunity.
.....and that was it? Did he ask you out?

Happy Birthday!!!
@KammyGirl
Happy Birthday sweetheart!
Happy birthday @KammyGirl !!!!
I'm a day late but happy birthday @KammyGirl !!!!!!!
:alcoholics:
You didn't miss it, it's tomorrow.

Happy almost birthday @KammyGirl!
Thank you!!! My ferry to Martha's Vineyard is at 4. Until then I'll just keep on sipping these pre birthday mimosas :toocool:

.....and that was it? Did he ask you out?

I guess I should tell the whole story! Lol

So, I ran into that particular guy in June (when I was attached... so, I spoke and moved around). He actively follows me on SM (liking and loving everything... sending DMs). He recently sent a DM saying that we should have linked up earlier this year and the communication flowed from there. We've been talking/hanging out since then. He told me about being nervous when he saw me during one of our recent convos. We have another date tomorrow.

This man asked me to come to the mosque with him this morning. I was so confused because he called me at like 10pm.

I asked him where this was coming from and if he was serious. I told him I was confused and he laughed and said he was kidding.

Then I see all these happy Eid posts and realized he was serious. Where tf did that come from?

I texted Classic Man I had a good time last night and thank you. He said he wants to go out again. I asked him if he's okay with coming over to the East Bay. He says yes, he won't make me come to SF all the time lol. I probably broke a rule but I told him my week so far is free so whenever. Just let me know. Little does he know one of my BFFs is coming back from vacation and wants catch up so I might not be as free as I told him. :look: Anyway he said he'll let me know on Monday when he gets a better idea about his schedule. So we'll see.

The boo was very encouraging today. He sent me a gift certificate to a spa because I've had an awful week. That was sweet of him and very unexpected - especially because we had a difficult conversation about poly vs. monogamous relationships last night. I gave him a clear out and he started panicking but... who knows? I'm still actively building a roster.

Last edited:
Back