went to a social dinner thing for black folk last weekend. We getting to know each other and there's a lot of banter. Dark skin dude and i have the same bday! He commences to hitting on me and chatting me up.

He's bantering a lot with another woman. Then a second later turns on her and says "stop acting light skinned!" Who was that here who just heard the same thing?!

Anyways several times throughout dinner his pickup line to me was "when are you bringing me a present for our birthday?!" like 10x.:spinning:

Dude in his late 40s. Such a bad look. I was so turned off!:barf:

I think it was @gimbap.

Yep, that wack line ain't nothing new like I said. And he's wack too.

If u persued me so hard on a dating app to get to know me more...then u finally get my number...but proceeded to only do text conversations for a week...and not dial my number once....u can exit stage left. If he thought i was supposed to dial first he is out of his mind. Im not taking this from a 37 year old man. Is it petty...maybe. But im really getting tired of these lazy bastards. I just pulled my eharmony account and my okc. I have never seen a bunch of lazy men over 35 in my life

If u persued me so hard on a dating app to get to know me more...then u finally get my number...but proceeded to only do text conversations for a week...and not dial my number once....u can exit stage left. If he thought i was supposed to dial first he is out of his mind. Im not taking this from a 37 year old man. Is it petty...maybe. But im really getting tired of these lazy bastards. I just pulled my eharmony account and my okc. I have never seen a bunch of lazy men over 35 in my life
I have :look:

Add broke too. smmfh.

Eharmony you say? Is that site any good? I'm thinking I'm going to take my chances meeting the old fashioned way but still have an active online dating profile for backups. It will give me access to more men and will fill up my roster quick and help me get my feet wet and practice my feminine wiles on them. lol I've used okc and it seems to be the same people on there os that one is out. I have only used pof one time and that was so long ago. I was thinking of using match but not sure if you have to pay for it to be worth anything? I'd rather go the free route.

This weekend was nuts...i went to six events and met some fiiooone men and ran into old friends.

I even saw Lupita y'all! I was close enough to touch her.

After afropunk I was walking up my block and ran into some friends who were at a BBQ down the block. I ended up changing my clothes and walking right back out the house. We went to go watch this reggae band and this beautiful man came and sat next to me. I knew he had to be a model and he is. He asked me for my instagram just to dm me and ask me if the guy I was with was my man :lachen:

I told him it was my friend and he said he was trying to play it cool but he wanted to talk to me. He's too young for my taste but I can look at him all day.

Omg and this fine brother working afropunk was walking by me and told me he loved me. I said sheeeeeet, I love you too. We both kept on walking but he is forever in my heart p:cantlook:

My weekend has left me energized and I'm ready for bae to come find me already.

Eharmony you say? Is that site any good? I'm thinking I'm going to take my chances meeting the old fashioned way but still have an active online dating profile for backups. It will give me access to more men and will fill up my roster quick and help me get my feet wet and practice my feminine wiles on them. lol I've used okc and it seems to be the same people on there os that one is out. I have only used pof one time and that was so long ago. I was thinking of using match but not sure if you have to pay for it to be worth anything? I'd rather go the free route.
Match was not worth the money for me. I just cancelled that one too. Eharmony's website is terrible for as much as they spend on advertising. The free sites like pof/okc have more modern websites and filtering. As far as the men. Most of them i wasnt attracted to. The few I was...they were playing games like on a free site. I could tell they werent serious about looking for someone special. Why in the world would u spend that kind of money to play games? It made no sense.

So, my love life is non-existent and I'm about to start therapy tomorrow, but on a positive note, I finished my first class and got an A-.

Congrats @MzLady78 !! Wow this just shows how resilient you are!! With all that was going on in your personal life (which would take out the average person academically) and you had the focus and determination to do well. :cup:

Going to revise online profiles, but always feel not saying the right thing... any tips?

Other than that been really happy, going on with the Gals (College crew & LHCF cuzo's ), Concerts (AfroPunk, Jidenna), travelling, Career moves, ya know keeping busy! this am just thought I havent been on the man thang, so going to jump back into getting roster up for cuddle season, Lol... :grin: Plus I really do want to grow with someone...

Last edited:
went to a social dinner thing for black folk last weekend. We getting to know each other and there's a lot of banter. Dark skin dude and i have the same bday! He commences to hitting on me and chatting me up.

He's bantering a lot with another woman. Then a second later turns on her and says "stop acting light skinned!" Who was that here who just heard the same thing?!

Anyways several times throughout dinner his pickup line to me was "when are you bringing me a present for our birthday?!" like 10x.:spinning:

Dude in his late 40s. Such a bad look. I was so turned off!:barf:
WTF!!! uggghhhh! that sucks!!!!

Ig is low key becoming the BEST dating app for me.

It's usually someone I've met before but didn't really get to speak to or someone who I have irl friends in common with.

I have had more dates from there than all the other dating apps combined...granted I only went on 3 or 4 from those.

Back