LMAO, sorry @shespoison, seems like it jonesing for you... He got it bad
He called me at 8:30 am. He texted to ask if it was ok first, so I'll give him that.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to tell him I don't like him because he's annoying and doesn't know how to act...

I have zero patience for men. Lucky for him, I'm working on grace in 2017.

Why did I accept a date from the old #1 on my last roster? He's annoying. And I've been ignoring his calls and text messages. He asked me today if he could at least take me out for my birthday. I said yes and we chatted earlier since he was working from home. Everything was fine. Later we're texting and I'm telling him I'll be out of town this weekend and the week after next. He asked me about my plans for the end of the month and I told him I would be in the Vineyard that weekend. He starts going on and on saying he's never been because it's a waste of money and he doesn't want to be around rich snobs and all this other stupid crap. At first I ignored him. But he kept on and I'm like you've admitted to never having gone so what would you know? About the cost, about the people, about what to do there? I couldn't care less if he doesn't like the place but he clearly wanted a fight. Annoying AF. I ended up telling him forget the birthday dinner. He's annoying as hell and just wants to argue over nonsense. I dont want to be bothered with that headache on a normal day, much less on or around my birthday.

Going out just to go out?!

So I thought today was Thursday and I was going to be going to an event at Taj, but nope it is Wednesday... What am I to do with self?! I got self all amped up to go out after work, I look cute feel good, but feeling defeated cause it aint Thursday, LMFAO...

Going out just to go out?!

So I thought today was Thursday and I was going to be going to an event at Taj, but nope it is Wednesday... What am I to do with self?! I got self all amped up to go out after work, I look cute feel good, but feeling defeated cause it aint Thursday, LMFAO...
Bilal is having a free concert at Marcus Garvey park at 7:30...see you there or nah?

A girl I know is performing at The Edge in Harlem tonight as well. I'm not going to that but it should be nice and low key.

I just came in here to say this is the happiest single me I have ever been in life. Why is that? It feels sooooooo good! And there are men around but I don't feel stressed. I feel free, fun and laid back. Men look at me, smile, speak and I smile and speak back. I'm not mad that I don't have a boyfriend so I'm not ignoring ugly fools wondering why the ugly ones are talking to me and not the cute ones. lol And when a cute one does come my way I'm not automatically looking at him as a potential- which I can I say I've been guilty of in the past. Sometimes men just say hi and don't want anything. Sometimes. It feels nice to feel like this. I can feel all the stress and anxiety melting away with each passing day. My interactions with men are becoming easier and I'm hoping I can bring the same attitude with me when I want to start dating again. Right now, I'm feeling good on my own.

Last night I was on the train coming home and this father and son come on the train. The train is empty and they want to stand all bunched up next to me but I don't say anything. When they were getting off they looked over at me and said good night so I looked up from my book, smiled and said good night. I can readily admit my body language and facial expressions would normally say "STAY AWAY!" The father goes beautiful smile nudging his son. lmao. The son says ok dad yes she's beautiful. We got off the same stop and the father tried to get his son to walk me home. What is this? lol I didn't know dads did the same thing moms did with trying to hook their children up. :lol: I said thank you but I live very close and the father looked disappointed and the son just wished me a safe walk home. I thought it was cute. That interaction isn't much to analyze but I've been paying close attention to my behavior and I know that a few months ago I would probably have a mean face on so they could stop talking to me. I don't feel the need to do that anymore. Look at me y'all. I'm growing.

eta: I have a story about my sister and her boyfriend and why I am encouraging her to break up with him but I'll save it for later.

Last edited:
I went on a date last night and it was an amazing time. I "met" him over a year ago via a travel group we're apart of, but he lived abroad so we never met in person. We'd converse periodically and flirt, and he never gave off heaux vibes, so when he asked to see me while he was in my city I agreed. Good convo, and there was no awkward pay the bill moment. I went to the bathroom and when I returned he already requested the check and paid it. We then went to my favorite spot in the city and talked until midnight. We kissed when we parted ways :blush:

I'm plotting a move to my second home next year, and when I brought it up, he told me how he's been on a mission to get his family in that same city because he wants to settle there...

And his money is long...

This could be something. He's smitten by me

Loves it! I feel the same, which is why so thirsty to get out.... So not at home wasting my makeup and cute outfit. Lol.... Want to get out to enjoy the summer...

I just came in here to say this is the happiest single me I have ever been in life. Why is that? It feels sooooooo good! And there are men around but I don't feel stressed. I feel free, fun and laid back. Men look at me, smile, speak and I smile and speak back. I'm not mad that I don't have a boyfriend so I'm not ignoring ugly fools wondering why the ugly ones are talking to me and not the cute ones. lol And when a cute one does come my way I'm not automatically looking at him as a potential- which I can I say I've been guilty of in the past. Sometimes men just say hi and don't want anything. Sometimes. It feels nice to feel like this. I can feel all the stress and anxiety melting away with each passing day. My interactions with men are becoming easier and I'm hoping I can bring the same attitude with me when I want to start dating again. Right now, I'm feeling good on my own.

Last night I was on the train coming home and this father and son come on the train. The train is empty and they want to stand all bunched up next to me but I don't say anything. When they were getting off they looked over at me and said good night so I looked up from my book, smiled and said good night. I can readily admit my body language and facial expressions would normally say "STAY AWAY!" The father goes beautiful smile nudging his son. lmao. The son says ok dad yes she's beautiful. We got off the same stop and the father tried to get his son to walk me home. What is this? lol I didn't know dads did the same thing moms did with trying to hook their children up. :lol: I said thank you but I live very close and the father looked disappointed and the son just wished me a safe walk home. I thought it was cute. That interaction isn't much to analyze but I've been paying close attention to my behavior and I know that a few months ago I would probably have a mean face on so they could stop talking to me. I don't feel the need to do that anymore. Look at me y'all. I'm growing.

eta: I have a story about my sister and her boyfriend and why I am encouraging her to break up with him but I'll save it for later.

Last edited:

:yahoo:Go ahead then! I could have written that first paragraph myself. It feels grand doesn't it? Did you read the summary I typed up of Katarina's audio on High Value Women?
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/katarina-phangs-dating-philosophy.820571/page-4#post-24123125

I'm listening to the audio and reading my notes every morning until it sticks. The most liberating part of it all is that you need not do anything to be cherished by a man. Just be happy in the moment, right now, no matter your current status. Release the worry and surrender. We're exactly where we are supposed to be.

:yahoo:Go ahead then! I could have written that first paragraph myself. It feels grand doesn't it? Did you read the summary I typed up of Katarina's audio on High Value Women?
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/katarina-phangs-dating-philosophy.820571/page-4#post-24123125

I'm listening to the audio and reading my notes every morning until it sticks. The most liberating part of it all is that you need not do anything to be cherished by a man. Just be happy in the moment, right now, no matter your current status. Release the worry and surrender. We're exactly where we are supposed to be.
Still trying to figure out where to get this audio Chica. Lol

Back