@DarkJoy - going to respect the not quote but trust me... I was saying the exact same thing. I was shaking my head so much and hit quite before I realized not to do that.
Once they break the vows, their lives take some sort of low turn. It is like one bad decision after another. But they will never admit it to themselves.... you just see it when you see how angry they are with you. Like da f&ck you mad for. You chose this.

My ex tried some bull ish this weekend. I asked him two weeks ago if he could take son for the weekend. He waited until last minute to tell me that he couldn't. Then I was like ok son will be a baby sitters and he was like, no I am going to get him.
When I picked son up Sunday, ex had a whole attitude. Everyone else was happy to see me, even my ex sister in law. She even said something to him like "be nice and say hi". I just ignore him. You chose this. This is what you wanted. Ex thought I would be miserable and alone and that made him happy.... but when he realized that I WOULD move on, it is like that makes him pissed.

Right! My ex also tried some bs. "forgot" he was supposed to pick her up.:confused: Our exes look like they were made from similar cloth.

I may not be in a relationship at the moment but have moved on and, in comparison, have become "successful" while he sits salty wondering where their next meal is coming from and how will rent get paid. Still.

We were doing that 15 years ago when i was in college but it's worse now because we have a child and now he's trying some blended family that's running on fumes. Their combined income is still below poverty level.
Like you said, he chose this.

How does a man suddenly take on a woman and her tween when he can barely make his own rent and not enough for health insurance for his own kid (I cover that for her and have since birth!)?! Again, his choice.

Certainly for homegirl, he is a come up from her section 8 dwelling, but they just moved to poor working class. I can't hate her hustle but as a single woman with a child I would be looking for better. I certainly am and it's taking time.

So in the meantime I work on me, improve my finances and not glom on to the first (or 5th) thing. I deserved better. We deserve better.

Hope he enjoys his karma and when it's time, it's not going to be pretty when he is served those court papers.
@DarkJoy - going to respect the not quote but trust me... I was saying the exact same thing. I was shaking my head so much and hit quite before I realized not to do that.
Once they break the vows, their lives take some sort of low turn. It is like one bad decision after another. But they will never admit it to themselves.... you just see it when you see how angry they are with you. Like da f&ck you mad for. You chose this.

My ex tried some bull ish this weekend. I asked him two weeks ago if he could take son for the weekend. He waited until last minute to tell me that he couldn't. Then I was like ok son will be a baby sitters and he was like, no I am going to get him.
When I picked son up Sunday, ex had a whole attitude. Everyone else was happy to see me, even my ex sister in law. She even said something to him like "be nice and say hi". I just ignore him. You chose this. This is what you wanted. Ex thought I would be miserable and alone and that made him happy.... but when he realized that I WOULD move on, it is like that makes him pissed.

Not relationship related but I want to switch careers but I have no idea what else to do. The plan for so long was law school and I've been saying that for years but right now I don't even want to waste money on that. Someone told me I could be a mediator. Some don't have a J.D. but I'm wondering if I should step away from law altogether. I'm getting bored and while I'm young enough to do it I think I should make switch. Any ideas? I'm a problem solver so any profession where I have to stategize and fix things would be a good fit. I just don't know what!

Not relationship related but I want to switch careers but I have no idea what else to do. The plan for so long was law school and I've been saying that for years but right now I don't even want to waste money on that. Someone told me I could be a mediator. Some don't have a J.D. but I'm wondering if I should step away from law altogether. I'm getting bored and while I'm young enough to do it I think I should make switch. Any ideas? I'm a problem solver so any profession where I have to stategize and fix things would be a good fit. I just don't know what!
I'm in the same bind. Trying to gracefully exit my current sitch. I'm kinda done with this industry.

Have you thought about project management? Pick a field of focus and roll with it...

If you have an industry focus, consulting is always good IMO

Business analyst or data analytics. You can learn that on your own with a few paid courses. It's not a bad job and the pay is good. It may get tedious depending on who you work for but since you like problem solving it's perfect.

I was just talking to my mom about how I didn't do anything but go to work and come home. On my off days I was with my son, Literally, that's all I did this summer. That put me in a rather morose mood. I wanted to shake my tail feather at least one time this summer. Now I gotta text someone so I can argue with them :lachen:

Lawd, I really need to update you guys with dating life, been very active and it has been an interesting phase, Lol
3 Pages later and she is back, I dont want to say defeated because the game is not over and I intend on winning... Just gotta STAHP reverting back to miss basica behavior

The last 2 months, I was on grind getting out there, mixing and mingling and met a couple of guys online... The first one, previously mentioned in post #22831, Lets call him Jack, well he earnestly surprised me, and took me out for birthday and it was overwhelming, it was a conservatory garden and we spent entire day there with a picnic and all. All I kept thinking about was that even if it didn't work out, I appreciated that I was able to do something so nice on birthday because of him. My other plans were sort of lame, since not traveling out of state was going to take a trip to Coney Island get a hot dog or something..

I had told him about my Coney Island plans say the Wednesday before (My Birthday was the next Tuesday) and he was all down to go , then the next day he is like I have a proposal but I want to talk to you on phone. I am all like what so he obliges and gives me a hint, like I would love to take you on a picnic in park, I was like huh? (I am not trying to go to Central Park) So after speaking on phone he sends me the name of place and I see it is a great spot to take, no other than, Glam shots, ok call me anal, but my pictures came out bomb.com... Lol

So about the day, ugghh, I was tasked with bringing the picnic food, insert basica behavior, why the freak did I offer to bring something... Your girl goes out to get cushioned mats for the ground, cause my butt needs something, there were benches there though, but in light, it was just more romantic... Home slice brought a bottle of Sangria which I guess kept the day following, we walked around... yadda yadda, I found out some of pet peeves and he got some of mines...

But not really, its like I need to find self, realistically... but that is another story...

Back to date, we were there from like 12-5ish and it was a good time, at no point did he try to hug me, get close, in head thinking I look grand and this outfit is snatched. At one point, he asked if I was scared to touch him, which was funny cause I would playfully touch his arm, etc but not reciprocated, I found that strange, but just shrugged it off. After the Garden outing, he took me to dinner and that was good, although we both got sick...

Here is where ish went left, me caught up in my day, I was in my emotions, on some Jack is cool ish. So Jack is like I have to use bathroom, we probably 15mins from his crib, but right outside restaurant. I was like go inside the restaurant, he is like would you mind coming to my crib, I am like ok real quick, right.... En route to car, I see meter, I go to pay (BASICA), he is like like nah, im like cool, so when we get to gate, he looks at me like you can pay here, Lol... At this time, I am looking at him like you just told me not to pay, him well you offered before if you would have gave me card now I would have denied it anyway... I am looking at him sideways, and ready to go... We get around his way, he finds parking then like you coming up, I am confused at this point because my intentions were to possibly sit in car well he went to bathroom, so I am like I can come up for a few. He is like I would have ddrove you home if only for a few... At this point he is bothered and hits me with, do you have self esteem issues, I am like huh?! Like WTF did that come from...There is so much more to write about dude, but I wont indulge...

After that night, he asked me if I wanted to meet him real quick for Sushi, which I told him in past I do not like. Now he is in an area I am not familiar with, so I say I am good with anything but that. I ask do they have tempura or something, he thought or thinks I am unwilling to compromise because he felt I should have offered up an option, I am thinking if I say anything except was an open playing field... Him: In a relationship people compromise and I am just thinking but we aint in a relationship.

Today: We hit each other back and forth, like hey, nothing major. He stays saying he is busy as he is in grad school.

Okay that was a lot, let me breathe and I will be back with dude #2.

Last edited:
3 Pages later and she is back, I dont want to say defeated because the game is not over and I intend on winning... Just gotta STAHP reverting back to miss basica behavior

The last 2 months, I was on grind getting out there, mixing and mingling and met a couple of guys online... The first one, previously mentioned in post #22831, Lets call him Jack, well he earnestly surprised me, and took me out for birthday and it was overwhelming, it was a conservatory garden and we spent entire day there with a picnic and all. All I kept thinking about was that even if it didn't work out, I appreciated that I was able to do something so nice on birthday because of him. My other plans were sort of lame, since not traveling out of state was going to take a trip to Coney Island get a hot dog or something..

I had told him about my Coney Island plans say the Wednesday before (My Birthday was the next Tuesday) and he was all down to go , then the next day he is like I have a proposal but I want to talk to you on phone. I am all like what so he obliges and gives me a hint, like I would love to take you on a picnic in park, I was like huh? (I am not trying to go to Central Park) So after speaking on phone he sends me the name of place and I see it is a great spot to take, no other than, Glam shots, ok call me anal, but my pictures came out bomb.com... Lol

So about the day, ugghh, I was tasked with bringing the picnic food, insert basica behavior, why the freak did I offer to bring something... Your girl goes out to get cushioned mats for the ground, cause my butt needs something, there were benches there though, but in light, it was just more romantic... Home slice brought a bottle of Sangria which I guess kept the day following, we walked around... yadda yadda, I found out some of pet peeves and he got some of mines...

But not really, its like I need to find self, realistically... but that is another story...

Back to date, we were there from like 12-5ish and it was a good time, at no point did he try to hug me, get close, in head thinking I look grand and this outfit is snatched. At one point, he asked if I was scared to touch him, which was funny cause I would playfully touch his arm, etc but not reciprocated, I found that strange, but just shrugged it off. After the Garden outing, he took me to dinner and that was good, although we both got sick...

Here is where ish went left, me caught up in my day, I was in my emotions, on some Jack is cool ish. So Jack is like I have to use bathroom, we probably 15mins from his crib, but right outside restaurant. I was like go inside the restaurant, he is like would you mind coming to my crib, I am like ok real quick, right.... En route to car, I see meter, I go to pay (BASICA), he is like like nah, im like cool, so when we get to gate, he looks at me like you can pay here, Lol... At this time, I am looking at him like you just told me not to pay, him well you offered before if you would have gave me card now I would have denied it anyway... I am looking at him sideways, and ready to go... We get around his way, he finds parking then like you coming up, I am confused at this point because my intentions were to possibly sit in car well he went to bathroom, so I am like I can come up for a few. He is like I would have ddrove you home if only for a few... At this point he is bothered and hits me with, do you have self esteem issues, I am like huh?! Like WTF did that come from...There is so much more to write about dude, but I wont indulge...

After that night, he asked me if I wanted to meet him real quick for Sushi, which I told him in past I do not like. Now he is in an area I am not familiar with, so I say I am good with anything but that. I ask do they have tempura or something, he thought or thinks I am unwilling to compromise because he felt I should have offered up an option, I am thinking if I say anything except was an open playing field... Him: In a relationship people compromise and I am just thinking but we aint in a relationship.

Today: We hit each other back and forth, like hey, nothing major. He stays saying he is busy as he is in grad school.

Do you even like him? I am very confused. First if I had to pee, I would have walked in the restaurant like naw hold up give me 5 minutes. Did you drive or did he drive? Why would he even reach for your card and it's parking by his house or did you have to pay to leave the parking lot? If he had an attitude that you didn't wanna kick it with him you should have said fine, then you can drive me home now since it's only for a few. It's YOUR BIRTHDAY not his.

Sounds like he's setting you up to not have all of your needs met. "I'm busy" and "Compromise" are male speak for I can't fill your needs and don't have expectations of me. In the meantime he is going to ask you for as much as possible and test to see if you have any boundaries. He's also big on criticizing your behavior and telling you what you "should" have done in all of the scenarios. It reeks of control.

Civil engineering? Lol. I love it!

Business analyst or data analytics. You can learn that on your own with a few paid courses. It's not a bad job and the pay is good. It may get tedious depending on who you work for but since you like problem solving it's perfect.
Civil engineering? Lol. I love it!
More professions for the list. I want a change by the end of the year. I'm holding myself to it.

More professions for the list. I want a change by the end of the year. I'm holding myself to it.
I came from a music and english degree. I never even thought about Civil/ architecture. I never knew. It let's me create, be precise which speaks to my Virgo moon and help communities. I have villages in Jamaica and Bermuda that wants me to construct waterways. I am like 3 years out of a civil, because normally it is a six year degree. In a year at least get my cert. In drafting and pick up freelance work. Already being approached by the Army Corp of Engineers. If you like analytical work, GIS is really fun.

1 potential on the roster. See how long he lasts. Not even gonna give him a nickname yet since we haven't met. So far he can string a sentence together. Has a job.

Thing is, I'm liking being brutal. Instant elimination based on employment and finances. I'm cool on size (to a point) and race (to a point) and grown kids. Call me what you want but these middle age dudes need to have it together. 40+ better not be no scrub / FBoi types. And there a a LOT of them.

Hittin' 'em like Storm! :lol:
giphy_s.gif

It's easier now that I know what i want and need.

Back