I think it was either the end of May or the beginning of June. But I'm talking to a few guys and I don't feel anything for them. I mean I like them and flirt with them, and I even colored with one. But I'm ambivalent about them. I wouldn't be too hurt if they stopped talking to me, but I'd be hella bored lol.

You don't feel anything because there is no chemistry and compatibility. It's a sign that you're holding out for something deeper. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you still feel empowered and are having fun. Men do it all of the time with placeholders. This is the best time to get all of your needs met because what do you have to lose?

I always log on with every intention of updating this thread, but I come to LHCF to turn off my brain, so I get lazy as soon as the page opens lol.

Bae weekend was amazing :/ One Day I'll give deets. He was attentive and easy-going and the coloring was fantastic.

I have a date tonight with the typical Houston guy. I'm not excited but I'm trying to lower....I mean adjust.... my standards.

Why did you break up with him?
Got the gifs right so now I can tell my story lol

My ex that I broke up with in December is back. He sent me a long email basically saying he's got a fancy new job with lots more money and he's ready now. Did I miss something?

tenor.gif

Ready for what? Bruh I don't want you no more. Then he goes on to say he knows he can give me what I need now and he knows all I wanted was attention. Umm

tenor.gif

You must still be having some mental issues dude. Keep that over there. Deleted.

Why did you break up with him?
After a few years together it was just like what are we doing? Why am I here? He was secretive, he was all depressed for like a whole year and things just weren't moving forward. I was unhappy. And on top of that when I broke up with him he said "OK" He said OK!!!!! He didn't say anything else! Like really dude? Right before I broke up with him I told him I was unhappy and explained why. I asked what we should do about it he said he didn't know. It was like he didn't care so I left. Right after that everything went downhill. He went into the hospital to be evaluated, his mother was bringing drama. I was too through. He is not the one for me.

After a few years together it was just like what are we doing? Why am I here? He was secretive, he was all depressed for like a whole year and things just weren't moving forward. I was unhappy. And on top of that when I broke up with him he said "OK" He said OK!!!!! He didn't say anything else! Like really dude? Right before I broke up with him I told him I was unhappy and explained why. I asked what we should do about it he said he didn't know. It was like he didn't care so I left. Right after that everything went downhill. He went into the hospital to be evaluated, his mother was bringing drama. I was too through. He is not the one for me.
Chile block him.

Physician bae is trying to creep back in. I love his fine *** but that man will break my heart and I'm not playing myself.

It's my fault because I went over to cuddle with him two weeks ago and that was all I allowed. Now he's sending me songs and ish.

I wish I was dumb enough to fall for his ish...I would live a nice life. This man says he's gonna marry the woman he "accidentally" impregnates...and this is an intelligent man who only dates intelligent women. Why is he like this!

Hi there single ladies!

For those of you who aren't actively looking, what are you doing to live your best single life possible? Maybe this should be another thread, but I like it in here. I'm trying to come up with some fresh, new ideas to get through the boredom and routine. I'm in a new city so I don't have many friends right now. Suggestions about ways to connect with new people would be great!

Hi there single ladies!

For those of you who aren't actively looking, what are you doing to live your best single life possible? Maybe this should be another thread, but I like it in here. I'm trying to come up with some fresh, new ideas to get through the boredom and routine. I'm in a new city so I don't have many friends right now. Suggestions about ways to connect with new people would be great!
I'm spending all my time at the park and bookstores but I'm kind of a shy nerd so that's what I like. I should probably try some activities as well. I think I might want to sign up for a ceramics/pottery class but again...shy nerd over here.

Hi there single ladies!

More ideas:

Look up events at museums. Find out about local festivals and parades. See what's up at the farmer's market, visit a brewery.

If your city has embassies, look for fun events there.

When you make new friends, be proactive and stay in touch. I'm working on that.

More ideas:

Look up events at museums. Find out about local festivals and parades. See what's up at the farmer's market, visit a brewery.

If your city has embassies, look for fun events there.

When you make new friends, be proactive and stay in touch. I'm working on that.

Good suggestions!

There are so many festivals going on here but I'm tired of rolling solo to them. I need to be more proactive when I meet new friends. I was just thinking about this today. Instead of exchanging numbers and letting those contacts go cold, I should start throwing out suggestions right then and there like "Hey, do you like outdoor festivals? There are some great ones coming up in August, let's exchange numbers and maybe hit one up."

I'm spending all my time at the park and bookstores but I'm kind of a shy nerd so that's what I like. I should probably try some activities as well. I think I might want to sign up for a ceramics/pottery class but again...shy nerd over here.

Those sound like fun. I've been meaning to try out one of those sip and paint events. I'm trying to get into more activities with majority female attendance. I can chill and not think about dudes there.

Good suggestions!

There are so many festivals going on here but I'm tired of rolling solo to them. I need to be more proactive when I meet new friends. I was just thinking about this today. Instead of exchanging numbers and letting those contacts go cold, I should start throwing out suggestions right then and there like "Hey, do you like outdoor festivals? There are some great ones coming up in August, let's exchange numbers and maybe hit one up."
Yes! Sounds great.

Guy I dated was talking to me about his taxes - saying they were too high because he didn't have dependents. I told him maybe he should think about settling down. He sends this as a response:

"Having a wife would alleviate some of my tax problems lol. I'll get serious about dating and marriage as soon as I meet a woman as good and worthwhile as you are. And I haven't met that woman yet so I'll have to find other deductions lol.
Although I doubt I'll ever meet that person because nobody I've met since has been nowhere near as amazing and special as you are..."

Lol- I love the game but I hope he believes half of what he wrote... because it is probably very true. He lost a good thing *shrugs*

So guess who launched her LLC this morning.... EIN, registered with the state, and website live????
The birthday girl! Now I need to transfer a stack over to the business so it can "reimburse" me for the money I spent on all the expenses. I also passed my second exam so I have one more exam to go before I can get the EA license - a bit redundant since I am a CPA, but I have learned so much more about taxes and IRS representation now than ever before. My white peers are charging a minimum of $1000 for these services - I am hearing between $2500 - $5000 average so I need to get in on this market.
I need to redo my business cards to include all these new things for me - website, new license, business phone, etc.

Well today Lee is taking me out- we are going to the National African America Museum today among other festivities. Son is going with dad for the weekend (story for another day but this ninja really tried to ruin my birthday). And as a reflection of 2017- amazing. It is like everything is coming together

So guess who launched her LLC this morning.... EIN, registered with the state, and website live????
The birthday girl! Now I need to transfer a stack over to the business so it can "reimburse" me for the money I spent on all the expenses. I also passed my second exam so I have one more exam to go before I can get the EA license - a bit redundant since I am a CPA, but I have learned so much more about taxes and IRS representation now than ever before. My white peers are charging a minimum of $1000 for these services - I am hearing between $2500 - $5000 average so I need to get in on this market.
I need to redo my business cards to include all these new things for me - website, new license, business phone, etc.

Well today Lee is taking me out- we are going to the National African America Museum today among other festivities. Son is going with dad for the weekend (story for another day but this ninja really tried to ruin my birthday). And as a reflection of 2017- amazing. It is like everything is coming together
:toocool::bouncy::clap::congrats:

:birthday3::birthday2::dance7:

awww. congratulations!!!!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
:birthday2::birthday3::birthday3::birthday3:

Happy birthday!! Why do you want to be an EA?

Thank you ladies!

Happy birthday!! Why do you want to be an EA?
Honestly because I am bored- I would go to law school right now if I had the money.

I wanted another designation after I completed my CPA but I couldn't decide on one. Then I heard about the EA and I was like sold! I didn't need it- but now that I am close to getting it, I can go after national clients instead of the ones in my area. CPA is limited to state unless you have license mobility.

Thank you ladies!

Honestly because I am bored- I would go to law school right now if I had the money.

I wanted another designation after I completed my CPA but I couldn't decide on one. Then I heard about the EA and I was like sold! I didn't need it- but now that I am close to getting it, I can go after national clients instead of the ones in my area. CPA is limited to state unless you have license mobility.
Ok Makes sense then. I worked for an EA and she was a B. I think it was due to me having more education than she did. Like ms why hire me if you're just going to badger and criticize everything I do. I quit in less than 2 months. I think my next step in an Exec MBA and my CPA although I never want to work with taxes, I want to stay in the financial realm. So I know if I get those letters with my MBA, I'll look all fancy.

Awww, Happy Bithday and Congratulations!!!!

Here is my gift you. Dirty version, of course:gorgeous:

Back