Recent dinner date:
Him: You gonna put something towards the bill?
Me: Come again?
Him: You mind putting in the tip?
Me: Oh! No problem.
:lol:

And I really wasn't even feeling that. Probably our second and last.
But for real tho men that do this are irksome. I am so petty. I would probably put down half and then be like ok I can find my own way home too. Buh bye

But for real tho men that do this are irksome. I am so petty. I would probably put down half and then be like ok I can find my own way home too. Buh bye

At some point in life I used to offer to pay the tip out of common courtesy but fell out of practice. :look: And even then I was never really expecting them to take me up on the offer lol. So although it caught me off guard I wasn't that offended by it. He still tried it, though. Like I said, second and last. :yep:

Recent dinner date:
Him: You gonna put something towards the bill?
Me: Come again?
Him: You mind putting in the tip?
Me: Oh! No problem.
:lol:

And I really wasn't even feeling that. Probably our second and last.

Lol last date I was on the guy mentioned something about the woman paying tip. I ignored him.

Then I just so happened to need to use the bathroom when the check arrived. He made a face and I realized he thinks I left on purpose. Oh please, I have no problem sitting right there while you pay the bill.

Last edited:
^^^I honestly feel like the dating climate has changed. I'm in my 30's and my assistant who's in her 20's insists on paying half the bill when she's on dates. :look: She's white tho (which is a whole other post in itself) so I ain't tryna school her but I feel like dudes these days really feel 50/50 is the way to go smh.
This is a no! I feel like this is this new wave feminist thing.

I need details! And her info. I'm getting tired of the streets.
Glad the reading went well! Now which person did you get it from?

You don't have to tell everything, but give us something :lol:
Good because I already started typing it up. lol It's too good not to share imo. Almost done. Post following shortly.

Ready? I'll try to keep in the order in which we talked about things.

She explained to me how it works and how she works and she wanted me to feel comfortable. She told me a couple of stories of other people she's seen and for one it was clear as day and specific and for another it was more abstract, signs and symbolism and all that. She said that's usually how it works for her.

Then she asked what was the first thing I wanted to talk about and I said duh my love life. :laugh: She asked me for a name of someone from my past that I had been thinking about. I told her the name and she said she saw him with like a link of hotdogs or sausages swinging them around like nunchucks and she laughed. I thought it was funny because I could see him doing something stupid like that. She said she was feeling a very silly and immature personality. He can't and won't commit. So then I asked her what was I supposed to be looking for? And she said this online thing is a game for me. I didn't mention I had been online dating. But she said I click click click so quickly and she had an image in her head of me picking up the phone over and over again. A cycle that is boring me. She said I need to stop. Take a month or 2 off and when I recover and come back I will find what I am looking for. I cut in and told her I wanted to move away from online dating and felt like it wasn't for me. She said something is going to click for me online when I come back to it but I have to get serious and really start reading the profiles. But stay away from the phone. She sees me at a desk or on a laptop. A big screen. Hmm... She said she saw an image of a passage jumping off the screen and I will have my aha moment then. She is feeling masculine energy and I immediately thought in my head how does she know I'm not a lesbian? lol And the very next thing she said was I feel masculine energy. Take it for what it's worth but if you're gay it could be a masculine woman. :lachen:I didn't want to but I had to tell her yeah it should be a man. Thanks.

She saw 2 names Reginald Jeremy. She can't tell if those are the names or if it's the dynamic of the names meaning he'll have 2 first names. I'm not crazy about the name Reginald so let's hope that's not his name. :look: I asked her if he's the one. She said the saw the phrase this is the guy. I asked her if it would be hard and if I had to work hard at it and she only said I see that you're already working hard. No other answer than that. I asked the doozy. Marriage? Kids? Y'all she said she rarely sees specifics but she sees Long Island specifically Levittown with cute little houses and 2 small children about the same height. She isn't sure if they are twins or if they are back to back. Hahahahaha That had me cracking up. I don't know why. Maybe because I don't think I can see myself on Long Island. I pictured someplace else much farther away.

She stressed me taking the dating time off though. And focus on self care. She said take myself to Barnes and Noble (my favorite thing to do lol) take myself out for a glass of wine, do some yoga and focus on my career. (I'll get to that in a second). It is not time yet. I need time to recover and come back to dating with a different mindset.

Career - she said there is no upward mobility where I am. She saw me in the center of an office with people running around in a flurry all around me and she said it was an incredibly calming picture she saw of me. She said this represents where I am now. And it was good because I found my zen as best I could in a place where it is hard to do so. And she said it is admirable to others. Some people notice and they look to me on how to keep their cool. But she said at some point I am going to make a hard left or a hard right and find something else. I am not going to be running my own business. There will be structure and she sees the word certificate so there will be more schooling. She saw boxes like in a family tree style all leading up one after the other and this is where I will find my upward mobility. She also saw flowers on the outside of the boxes and she said it meant that I would need to find something else outside of work as an adjunct to satisfy all the parts of my soul. Which is funny because my next question was going to be is this career path it? Something that would be my passion?

I asked her about my parents and my sister. She didn't say much about my mom but that she saw her with a big smile and there's some mischief there but she was rocking her empty arms back and forth like she was rocking a baby and pointing to the empty spot with intention. lol So obviously mom wants grandchildren right? She said my dad needed to get better with self care and asked some questions about him that I thought were off base but now I'm wondering because when I mentioned it to my mom she told me some things about my father I didn't know. My sister? That part was really deep and I almost cried but she's not speaking to me. Even though she's not I'm going to call her anyway. So there it is. I'm sure I forgot stuff but it was a lot and I wrote notes so I'll post if I remember anything else.

^^^I honestly feel like the dating climate has changed. I'm in my 30's and my assistant who's in her 20's insists on paying half the bill when she's on dates. :look: She's white tho (which is a whole other post in itself) so I ain't tryna school her but I feel like dudes these days really feel 50/50 is the way to go smh.

My cousin, who I love dearly, had a post about paying for dinner to show that she's different. She just turned 30.

She has older sisters who would NEVER, and I told one of them they need to get her.

Black couple on WaPo date lab. I've seen this guy on OkCupid? I think
https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...50d0b15f83b_story.html?utm_term=.e9924d98b0f1

ETA: They're both weird as ****. She was surprised that he was black? He paid $200 to go to a Britney Spears concert to make fun of her? Huh? What? Clearly a "Well they're both black so let's pair them together!" date. No chemistry
I've seen that guy online too lol.

That part about Britney Spears was so weird. She said he likes adventures then mentioned that he got a suite in Vegas by himself and saw a Britney concert. Quite odd.

Thanks boo!!! :blush::blondboob: Won't be getting no ding a ling but it's all good :laugh:

@UniquelyDivine - I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

happy for you! Yes all them "o"s were necessary. I am calling it- he is the one. Stay cool like you been doing (and read the Solving Single book by GL Lambert) and get you a ring (to a healthy partner who is responsible and self reflective- that seems to be him).

And I am glad no one is leaving this thread, booed up or nah.... All of you are like sisters in my head so within the tears and struggles of dating to the HAPPY and joyous parts- I am supporting you. When you are happy for others and can celebrate with them- your happiness improves as well.

Thank you sis! I saw Jo today and she told me "Yea, he's it! But don't give him no coochie" :eek: :laugh:

I the same way about you ladies, I've been privy to a lot of relationship journeys and hiccups along the way and shared a lot of my own struggles. It wouldn't be right leaving :cry3:

Wow! @KammyGirl So interesting! Which reader was this?

Maybe you are giving off the masculine energy which maybe why the dating isn't going so well right now? But because you are frustrated with your roster, taking some time off with be good anyway!

Aww 2 kiddies! I'm excited for you!
When she said masculine energy she was talking about the person that I would find for me. And that's why I said what if I'm lesbian in my head and that's when she said the masculine energy could be a man or could be a masculine women if I was a lesbian but all she knows is she was feeling a masculine energy in regards to the person for me. I may not have written that part correctly. Probably still not writing it correctly lol

Roster done and gone already so it is a perfect time for me to focus on me.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing- which is why I said keep cool and following the GL Lambert books. I would make him sweat a lil bit longer....
You saw Jo huh? Did you tell her about him or did she pick up on it. I am still thinking on my reading.

She IMMEDIATELY picked up on it, she said "did you get married or engaged"? I told her no and she said "well I see you met your king of hearts, go slow and nurture this relationship because he's totally not like any of the others, you'll know exactly where this relationship is going within 7 months so don't rush it and don't test him with silly games because he's an Alpha male & you'll run him off. She also told me "I'm glad you finally got smart and left the bad boys alone" :giggle: :look:

I asked her how the energy works when she talks to people over the phone and she said as soon as she hears someone's voice her third eye opens. I also mentioned to her how everything she has told me so far has been spot on and she said that everyone that has come to her has told her that's she's been 98% right, I think a lot of what she told you will reveal itself soon.

That's how it was for me.

Back