MDLWLY is on audible. Your first book is free. I signed up, got the book and canceled audible. For me there are some books I need hard copies of but I doubt I would have actually read MDLWLY so the audio book was perfect. You could try that.

I appreciate the suggestion but I prefer e-books over audio books. However, I *might* actually start collecting them to listen to while reading simultaneously. I think it might help to reinforce what I'm reading. I wonder why I never thought of that until now, especially since I love watching tv and movies with captions/subtitles.

My mom bought me an Eric Jerome Dickey audiobook (it was on CDs at the time) several years ago. Probably around 2004. I appreciated it because I love his work, but I low-key felt some type of way that it wasn't a hard-cover or at least a paperback book. I don't think e-readers were as popular back then as they are now.

I hated it, probably for reasons stated above, but maybe I should give it another chance. His stuff is hard to find in e-book format, though.

On another note, I did find Ho Tactics before I went to sleep last night (finally!) so I will start reading it soon. It took a while and some serious digging, but I found it, so I know I can find the others.

I appreciate the suggestion but I prefer e-books over audio books. However, I *might* actually start collecting them to listen to while reading simultaneously. I think it might help to reinforce what I'm reading. I wonder why I never thought of that until now, especially since I love watching tv and movies with captions/subtitles.
I feel the same. I don't like audio books but I don't usually like relationship books either. And if I bought hard copies of them I know I'd never read them. But I don't like ebooks either. I need to feel the book in my hand and I only use my kindle for guilty pleasure books. Like I read Twilight and The Hunger Games on my kindle so no one would know I was reading them. Lmao

My book is in Kindle format so I don't think there is a way to send it. I wonder if it is floating around the internet somewhere in pdf format :look:. I think the Kindle book is $10 and honestly, it is worth it! Solving Single is really good as well and it is a part of Kindle Unlimited which has a 30 day free trial for new subscribers.

U can convert kindle to PDF for free.

Google and follow the directions.

If u do, I'd like a copy.

Sometimes I think I might be a psychic or at least my manifesting energy is on one because everything I say I want happens in very short order.

On my calendar last month I wrote that I would get a new job. I went on some interviews that went well but had yet to hear back so I rewrote that goal and underlined it on my calendar for this month. I received an offer last Friday. I would be working with a very well known and prominent organization in politics and the networking potential is out of this world.

I also met a man at the gym who says he will be running for a public office next year and he hinted that he might have a job for me. I told him about the position I was offered and he gave me some advice and mentioned that in addition to the people I could meet, there are also several big parties "we" could attend and due to the office I would be in, my finger would be on the pulse of it all. He said with my looks and the people I would be around, I might end up in a scandal. :look:

I knew I was meant for more than just free meals. :lol: I feel more and more powerful each week and with his knowledge, I'm sure to learn a few things. I feel like a charming woman makes it her business to know a little bit of everything so it will be good to have a mentor to guide me in politics.

Last edited:
I'm trying to stay positive but man... this is tough. :nono:

So a few months ago, when I was about 2 weeks into my new city, I met this guy at a restaurant. We were sitting at the bar and he initiated conversation. He was also new in town and we hit it off immediately-- or so I thought. He was cute, smart, BLACK, and had a great job (Nurse Anesthesiologist). I was thinking, alright Surferbabe, this is a good start. Somewhere during our conversation the (white) female bartender butts in. We engage her for a bit and then we're back chatting with one another. I got up to take a bathroom break. Once I got back to my seat, I felt like something shifted. Suddenly, they are totally engaged in conversation and I'm the odd one out. Once she got back busy working, we started chatting again but I felt like his attention was no longer on me. As soon as she was free again, they were back at it :rolleyes:. Once it was time for me to leave, he asked for my number, but it didn't sound like he was interested-- it seemed like it was out of duty. I never heard from him again.

Welp, guess who I bumped into yesterday while out at brunch (by myself of course)? The happy freaking couple. The stringy haired, chipped nail polish, run through chick had to do absolutely nothing but be her ivory-skinned self and she snagged a professional black man. Oh and she leaned in. Yet here I am reading a million and one books on how to be feminine and lovable and I get stood up on Saturday and have to take myself out to brunch-- yet again-- on Sunday. I have my insecurities, but I've never been insecure about being a single black woman navigating the dating world. I always felt like it gave me an edge because I'm so in love with my blackness. But y'all, I don't know anymore. :nono: I've run out of quotes to read, activities to partake in, and trips to take to get my mind off of my failure in relationships. I'm social, I volunteer, I'm always out and about doing something-- and nothing falls into my lap. Yet this woman had a darn good dude just walk into her job and now she's being wined and dined while I'm footing the bill for myself at a table alone while people look at me crazy. I hate to bring this negativity here but I just need to vent. :cry3: Coming back to this wasteland from paradise is getting to me. :cry:

Sometimes I think I might be a psychic or at least my manifesting energy is on one because everything I say I want happens in very short order.

On my calendar last month I wrote that I would get a new job. I went on some interviews that went well but had yet to hear back so I rewrote that goal and underlined it on my calendar for this month. I received an offer last Friday. I would be working with a very well known and prominent organization in politics and the networking potential is out of this world.

I also met a man at the gym who says he will be running for a public office next year and he hinted that he might have a job for me. I told him about the position I was offered and he gave me some advice and mentioned that in addition to the people I could meet, there are also several big parties "we" could attend and due to the office I would be in, my finger would be on the pulse of it all. He said with my looks and the people I would be around, I might end up in a scandal. :look:

I knew I was meant for more than just free meals. :lol: I feel more and more powerful each week and with his knowledge, I'm sure to learn a few things. I feel like a charming woman makes it her business to know a little bit of everything so it will be good to have a mentor to guide me in politics.

I wish I had your manifesting energy. How did you get yours to be so good?

And CONGRATULATIONS on the BOSS ass new job!!! :yay:

So a few months ago, when I was about 2 weeks into my new city, I met this guy at a restaurant. We were sitting at the bar and he initiated conversation. He was also new in town and we hit it off immediately-- or so I thought. He was cute, smart, BLACK, and had a great job (Nurse Anesthesiologist). I was thinking, alright Surferbabe, this is a good start. Somewhere during our conversation the (white) female bartender butts in. We engage her for a bit and then we're back chatting with one another. I got up to take a bathroom break. Once I got back to my seat, I felt like something shifted. Suddenly, they are totally engaged in conversation and I'm the odd one out. Once she got back busy working, we started chatting again but I felt like his attention was no longer on me. As soon as she was free again, they were back at it :rolleyes:. Once it was time for me to leave, he asked for my number, but it didn't sound like he was interested-- it seemed like it was out of duty. I never heard from him again.

Welp, guess who I bumped into yesterday while out at brunch (by myself of course)? The happy freaking couple. The stringy haired, chipped nail polish, run through chick had to do absolutely nothing but be her ivory-skinned self and she snagged a professional black man. Oh and she leaned in. Yet here I am reading a million and one books on how to be feminine and lovable and I get stood up on Saturday and have to take myself out to brunch-- yet again-- on Sunday. I have my insecurities, but I've never been insecure about being a single black woman navigating the dating world. I always felt like it gave me an edge because I'm so in love with my blackness. But y'all, I don't know anymore. :nono: I've run out of quotes to read, activities to partake in, and trips to take to get my mind off of my failure in relationships. I'm social, I volunteer, I'm always out and about doing something-- and nothing falls into my lap. Yet this woman had a darn good dude just walk into her job and now she's being wined and dined while I'm footing the bill for myself at a table alone while people look at me crazy. I hate to bring this negativity here but I just need to vent. :cry3: Coming back to this wasteland from paradise is getting to me. :cry:

She is probably a loose floozy. U kmow how those ww are. They are very quick to drop a hint that they give it up quick. And thats probably what he was looking for anyway. I know how u feel. But dont beat yourself up about this. U didnt know enough about this man to come to the conclusion that he is a good guy. For all you know he can be an emotionally unavailable serial cheater who jumps from woman to woman to validate himself. U probably dodged a bullet.

:orders: NEXT!!

She was ear hustling on your conversation, heard he was making 6 figures, and found her prey. He's going to learn the hard way with that one. She waited until you went to the bathroom and pounced. Evil heifer.

Like Uncle Snoop would say, she saw a sucker and she licked him.

I keep saying, writing it down makes it real. There was a thread on here a few years ago about short and long term goals. I ended up getting each and every thing I listed, one by one. Since then, I make sure I write goals down, doesn't matter how small. If I want it, I will get it. It may not come all at once, but it comes. I love vision boards for this reason too, I need to visualize it.

:bighug:When you find your guy it will be that much sweeter. You don't know him so there's a huge chance you probably wouldn't have liked him anyway.

Went on a date yesterday:

Dinner and a movie.
I was starving and the movie was three hours long. I told him I was hungry, but he didn't offer to get a snack. Get to the restaurant, I'm just thinking about food which took over an hour to come. They gave us free dessert to compensate. He ordered a cheeseburger with nothing on it, just burger meat and cheese, and a bowl of plain vanilla ice cream. He tried to make out with me and I curved it. At the end, he pulled out a teddy bear and box of chocolates, which I thought was sweet.

We were talking a couple of months ago but he cut it off because I called him and he doesn't like to talk to the phone. He strictly does texting. He hit me up a week or so ago talmbout I miss you. So I just had to meet this guy. He asked me "So why did we stop talking again?" He thinks I dumped him; I didn't bother reminding him.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

next on the roster is Trini. Cuz he is trini :lol: anyone got experience with this nationality?

thing is idk wtf he saying. his accent is weird. he is also racially ambiguous. he might be mixed. idk. he said Trini dad California mom so...

Anyway he say he looking for a wife. widower. oil rig engineer. welltodo. grown kids.

I'm not taking him seriously tho but he is in hot pursuit.

You on the west coast? cuz chiiilllle....

next on the roster is Trini. Cuz he is trini :lol: anyone got experience with this nationality?

thing is idk wtf he saying. his accent is weird. he is also racially ambiguous. he might be mixed. idk. he said Trini dad California mom so...

Anyway he say he looking for a wife. widower. oil rig engineer. welltodo. grown kids.

:lachen:

Well, being half American may be a positive....

I'd also expect him to know how to cook bomb ssa food, I've never met a Trini man who couldn't, so that's a plus :)

Last edited:
#1 is annoying now. I haven't spoken to him in days. I certainly wasn't going to call him but he texted me today and we did a basic how's your day going, what's for lunch, ok enjoy the rest of your day kinda thing. Just now he texted some nonsense and I was just like listen we need to chill for a bit. I didn't officially dump him but we haven't been dating long enough for it to be some long drawn out discussion so....

But then he got...mean. I can't take a mitch made man. So instead of being an adult you wanna do this? It's not helping your case. He's going on and on I didn't give the relationship a chance and I'm being negative. Bro me not wanting to date you anymore is a negative...for you not me. Sorry but sometimes things don't work out. Then he says ok I guess sleep on it then hit me up tomorrow when you realize this is a bad idea. But his tone was so sarcastic and nasty throughout the entire conversation. Just biting. I didn't expect him to be happy but this? I was like even if I was thinking about dating you again you made sure you sunk that ship.

Number deleted and blocked. He's totally different from the guy I thought he was. He was showing itch signs for almost a month now though.

uh oh... that bold aint sound too good. luckily I'm not really interested. his accent is way too thick. never met a trini before though so that's interesting..
*half. Excuse the typo, I don't know what's going on with my errant thumbs. To my knowledge they don't have the worst reputation in the Caribbean :) and the majority of the ones I know appear to be good guys

Back