I'm officially manless for now. My roster just doesn't know it :look: I need a break. My patience is wearing thin and I need to get myself together. I'm going to up my workouts and meditations and focus on manifesting some positive things. Maybe after this break I'll find someone that I want to keep.

In other news...This guy that I almost dated has been texting and calling since Saturday. He was texting all day long and then would call at like 3 or 4 am??? I didn't not once respond or pick up until he texted something stupid today like "I'm resigning this now as in I'm deleting your number" as if that was supposed to mean something to me. I wrote back "why haven't you done that already? Buh bye" and immediately blocked him. Funny thing is I wanted to date this guy at one point but he only got in touch with me sporadically and had me going insane trying to "win" him until I had to stand back and check myself. And now I'm not interested he thought that I'm deleting your number shtick was going to work. Nah

Sooooo, went to the book store today. The book store is part of a mall so there's other stores, movie theaters and restaurants all around. I was almost inside when this guy stops me and asks if I know of any men's clothing stores. I'm thinking there are two visible from where we are. I don't do much clothing shopping in stores honestly. I do it online. So I end the conversation and enter the book store. I walk around for a few minutes, grab a copy of my usual magazine then go to my favorite section on the upper level. And standing there is the guy who asked me about clothes outside. He says "hello again" and I notice him looking like he doesn't know quite what he's looking for. I say "Are you new here?" He says he is, just moved from another nearby city for a job and wanted to check things out.

Basically we start talking about our careers and lives and stuff and we exchange numbers. He offered to take me out for coffee if I can tell him what good books there are on the subject we were talking about. He's average in terms of appearance but that's a good thing for me. It's always better if he grows on me physically rather than me drooling over him in the beginning. He texted me after he left to say it was nice meeting me and he's looking forward to my book recommendations.

We'll see.

One of my boos wanted me to come get some food. I wasn't remotely ready and had my son. Mom was literally gone all day too.
That be me, too. I'm dating someone and they just hit me up out of nowhere like "Come over". You can't do that to single moms!
It's the 4th of July. The sun is setting and I'm alone, just kicked back on my balcony looking & listening to fireworks. I'm totally okay with this.
I actually got really in my feelings watching the fireworks alone. But it's encouraging to see you in the same situation yet happy about it. I need to get there.

@LovinLea Seriously!

Him:Let me get somethin str8 if we gonna be friends u cant be lazy when dealin wit me cuz i mite call u and be like lets go out or wateva.

Me:Let ME get something straight. When I deal with as much stuff as I deal with on my own, I have the right to be lazy when I feel like it. Now if you want to do something you need to let me know in advance cause I can't just go off galavanting when I feel like it.

:confused:

@LovinLea Seriously!

Him:Let me get somethin str8 if we gonna be friends u cant be lazy when dealin wit me cuz i mite call u and be like lets go out or wateva.

Me:Let ME get something straight. When I deal with as much stuff as I deal with on my own, I have the right to be lazy when I feel like it. Now if you want to do something you need to let me know in advance cause I can't just go off galavanting when I feel like it.

:confused:

You mean being a single mom there with the bolded, right?

You don't want to be saying "I don't have a babysitter" 4 or 5 times because you're afraid of the guy saying "distewmuch". THis is one of the reasons why people don't want to date someone with a kid.

Now that I'm looking for hubby, I just say it. "You need to let me know a few days in advance if you want to see me."

Soooo.... I'm feeling a lil frustrated with Mr.Milk Chocolate.

Our date was very cute, we sat and watched the fireworks, and he kept kissing me on the forehead, had several Usies( his idea) then we sat in the parking lot of my complex and talked/kissed for like 3 hours.

He told me he can't believe he found someone like me from swiping & kept saying "Who would've thought..wow" and I've been a pleasant surprise in his life, said he missed me, kept kissing and hugging me. Then told me I was amazing and thanked me for creating an amazing memory with him that evening.

So maybe I'm jumping the gun but now I'm like well what now dude?!?!? It's been 6 weeks & we've been consistently kicking it & talking, plus he already made plans for us again this weekend.

I don't really want to date anyone else at this point but.....if you're not going to claim me officially then someone else might get a chance to experience all this "awesomeness".

Guy hit me up on Tinder... I went back to review his profile because his message was very respectful and refreshing. I wanted to read about who I matched with...

Good job, height, handsome, bi, educated, recently tested for HIV.... wait.... BI? So I unmatched. I mean he looks like he could be a top but I refuse to talk to someone who I know may be attracted to the same sex I am. My butt is suppose to make men quiver--- I can't compete with some of those gay dudes. Plus- it doesn't turn me on to know that his peynus may have been in a butthole or his butthole had one. I just can't do it. I respect his honesty but no.

And I swear- his profile didn't have bi the first time. I wouldn't have matched as I DO read the profiles before swiping right.

Last edited:
I actually got really in my feelings watching the fireworks alone. But it's encouraging to see you in the same situation yet happy about it. I need to get there.

Wow- Fireworks never get me in my feelings. If anything it brings up fond childhood memories or makes me daydream. I always feel good watching them. The 4th isn't one of those holidays when I'm thinking about relationships though so maybe that's why.

I'm in my feelings right now cause I have to go to work. :look:

I really don't understand these fools.

So I spoke to this dude I met online on the phone for an hour, he's thanking me for giving him the chance to talk to me, telling me stories about his family and crap. The next day, we talk by text most of the day. Then...nothing. Not a peep since Wednesday.

This was another NY dude, too. Last thing I need is to be importing B.S. from another state.

So this dude resurfaced last night talking about how I haven't called or texted in a week. I'm like "yo, I hit you the day after we talked on the phone, you never responded to my last text and then I didn't hear from you again". He said he didn't hit me back that night because I told him I was out with co-workers and he didn't wanna bother me. Ok, fair enough, but what about the almost week that followed?

We chatted back and forth until I went to bed but I'm like "meh". Not expecting anything from this, especially with him being in NY but I'm bored so what the hell.

OAN,, I never really cared to deal with dudes from out of state but the way my patience is set up right now, it may not be the worst thing in the world. But only like NY and CT.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see how/where men fall in line in your life. Men I was previously concerned with letting down sort of just naturally get pushed out by new men....it's almost calming. I really don't have to worry or think about anything.

When do you tell someone you're casually dating that you are casually dating? My usual policy is to answer honestly when asked directly, but when they innocently ask "what are you doing later?" or "what did you do yesterday?" and I was on a date, should I say that or that I was out with a friend?

It's also only a matter of time before one of them sees me out in the city with someone else.

You mean being a single mom there with the bolded, right?

You don't want to be saying "I don't have a babysitter" 4 or 5 times because you're afraid of the guy saying "distewmuch". THis is one of the reasons why people don't want to date someone with a kid.

Now that I'm looking for hubby, I just say it. "You need to let me know a few days in advance if you want to see me."
Yes indeed, along with other issues.

Back