Now that I see Kenya Moore is married, for a split second I thought, hmmm maybe I should just wait.

I also thought about how I found it embarrassing for her to always talk about wanting a man and wanting to be married. I figured that would scare men away. I tell men things and they pick up and talk about marriage first. But look, she went around telling everyone she wanted to married and it happened.

Now that I see Kenya Moore is married, for a split second I thought, hmmm maybe I should just wait.

I also thought about how I found it embarrassing for her to always talk about wanting a man and wanting to be married. I figured that would scare men away. I tell men things and they pick up and talk about marriage first. But look, she went around telling everyone she wanted to married and it happened.
At my age- if men get scared away from a woman knowing she wants marriage, then good riddance.

At my age- if men get scared away from a woman knowing she wants marriage, then good riddance.
yea. i think for the younger set its true. but by my age... pffft... im not wasting time and going to say exactly what's up from jump. its a great quick elimination tool.

yea. i think for the younger set its true. but by my age... pffft... im not wasting time and going to say exactly what's up from jump. its a great quick elimination tool.
Right- because wanting to be married doesn't necessarily mean I want to marry YOU (new man I am dating). I still have to qualify you to be a husband first--- but know where my mind is at.

I think women have gotten the bad rap that we all want to get married, want a ring, etc. So men just think that if proposes, we will say yes. I want to say that for a lot of us, that isn't true (hopefully- still debating that one). Just because someone gets a ring, doesn't mean their relationship is happy and they made it. Lots of people are "alone" in relationships/marriages. So after we establish what I want- then I am vetting you to see if you fit the bill. If not, then blocked and moved on to the next.

Right- because wanting to be married doesn't necessarily mean I want to marry YOU (new man I am dating). I still have to qualify you to be a husband first--- but know where my mind is at.

I think women have gotten the bad rap that we all want to get married, want a ring, etc. So men just think that if proposes, we will say yes. I want to say that for a lot of us, that isn't true (hopefully- still debating that one). Just because someone gets a ring, doesn't mean their relationship is happy and they made it. Lots of people are "alone" in relationships/marriages. So after we establish what I want- then I am vetting you to see if you fit the bill. If not, then blocked and moved on to the next.
Right! In addition, i think we're taught (at least bw) to keep a man, any man, who pays you attention around as long as possible. Even if its a dead end situation. Saying you want marriage will "run him off".

No. saying it one time during the getting-to-know-you phase is good. Whining to a dude to put a ring on it 3 years later and he refuses and finally leaves or you throw him out is another. Particularly sad if you never stated ypur goal upfront.

Right! In addition, i think we're taught (at least bw) to keep a man, any man, who pays you attention around as long as possible. Even if its a dead end situation. Saying you want marriage will "run him off".

No. saying it one time during the getting-to-know-you phase is good. Whining to a dude to put a ring on it 3 years later and he refuses and finally leaves or you throw him out is another. Particularly sad if you never stated ypur goal upfront.

I think its all about the delivery and not exuding desperation.

Aww, a 19 year old (he didn't look like he was 19, seriously what are they feeding these kids?) tried to talk to me. I told him he was too young for me and he was like "what does that mean?"

:look: :look: :lachen::lachen:
Girl I almost got cursed out the other day. A little boy walked up to me talking about how you doing? I was like boy I am 30+ years old. Go on somewhere. He was like wowwwww but you look good though. I laughed but he was still trying. I was like did you not hear that I am too old for you and he started raising his voice and getting aggressive talking about so what and I was acting like I couldn't mess with someone younger. smh

Alright, this guy has been saying he wants me to be his girlfriend. Being a girlfriend just doesn't sound cute to me anymore. I'm saying no because it's not even two months yet and I don't want another boyfriend, I want a husband and I'm not sure if he wants that, too in the (very) near future.

So I guess it's best just to say it then. "I'm willing to enter a relationship, but it needs to lead to marriage". Too strong?

So why are you back?
47e1dc4d3d748e034cbbc9eaecad43f8.jpg

Alright, this guy has been saying he wants me to be his girlfriend. Being a girlfriend just doesn't sound cute to me anymore. I'm saying no because it's not even two months yet and I don't want another boyfriend, I want a husband and I'm not sure if he wants that, too in the (very) near future.

So I guess it's best just to say it then. "I'm willing to enter a relationship, but it needs to lead to marriage". Too strong?
You answered your own question! :lol:

So over the last two days, I was having a great conversation with a guy on Tinder. Then he asked about the men on my side, saying it must be tough to find a good quality man.
I told him that he was right- pickings are slim out here but I am living an awesome life regardless of whether I meet a great guy or not.
Then we said good night...
Next morning I found out he unmatched me.

Did I say something wrong? I am starting to think that he was setting himself up to be a prize (with that good quality man comment) and when I didn't take the bait, he figured I was too secure in myself to let him get away with bullsh!t. Like the conversation was going great before that. He was 39 too- very weird.

And no I am not dwelling on it but I was looking forward to meeting him so just kinda like wow

@movingforward13, I'm convinced these guys are just weirdos. I'm not even gonna take it personal anymore.

I was chatting with one back and forth for a few days, he was talking about giving me a reason to visit NY since I haven't been in awhile, blah, blah, blah. After my last response, he just disappeared. I didn't even to hit him again to resume the conversation.

I give ZERO :censored: right now and will keep it moving in a heartbeat and not think twice.

Never to strong to communicate your wants!

Best thing in the world when you can verbalize what YOU want in your life.

@movingforward13 Just because he's 39 means diddly squat. There are a lot of old fools. I'm glad he unmatched with you instead of wasting more of your time.
At some point I will remember this... too many times I am thinking older men are mature and get tired of the games.
But honestly, I am glad he unmatched too. I am not owed a response or reason- I just thought that with the conversation going so well, we were going to take it offline. Oh well-
D appointment in 3 hours.

I always say I'll be right back and just move somewhere else.
:lol: I do this too. @hunnychile When I figure out that he's about to take up my time for the rest of the night I just tell him I'll be back or I have to go to the ladies room or something.
I don't wanna move though, lol. And I don't lie because it will look bad if I see him again later. The place I was at was small so he would've just watched me move away and I don't want to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

I'll think of something. Probably just nicely say, "it was so nice to meet you, I hope I'll see you around." I had a notebook with me, I could've told him I wanted to get back to my writing.

Last edited:
Last week, we spoke about what we're both looking for. I told him I'm dating with a purpose and seeing other people as part of that process. Ordinarily I wouldn't reveal this info but he let me know first he was seeing other people. *shrug* Cool. Now based on a few comments here and there, I get the sense he's a little butthurt. Trololol wut. What's good for the goose ain't good for the gander?? :drunk:

Last edited:
Back