One of my good guy friends introduced me to a man. He checks up on me from time to time but he explained that he wouldn't be able to realllly talk to me until Ramadan was over. We met the night before it started.

Anywho, I put up a post on fb looking for someone to run at the track with me and he messaged me.
We ran. He's cool. It was fun.

Date canceled. His dad's friend just passed away and he wants him to drive him out of town for the services. It's father's day weekend and he isn't going to say no. He wants to reschedule to Tuesday. Why am I feeling...not right? Like something else is up? Oh well not stressing it. Already made new plans with #2 for Saturday.

I'm already making plans for V-day next year :look:. I'm not getting caught again sitting around while everyone else parades by with their flowers and chocolates. I want to chill on a beach somewhere, and it won't bother me that a lot of couples will be there-- as long as I can get away.

Silicon Valley bae is in town. I met him at his office and he showed off his work space...then we went to see Kehinde Wiley's work because I've been wanting to go and tomorrow is the last day...

I knew he had money but today it has been confirmed that he's rich af.

We grew up together but never really hung out until now. I haven't spoke to my friends about him because it was all talk until now. Chemistry is ridiculous. He's a gd genius and we think a lot alike mostly because we are both kind of azzholes.

I'm home now but we are meeting up with other friends we grew up with tonight. I'm slightly afraid because we are way too comfortable with each other and I have never really dated anyone in my hometown as an adult and I'm too old to have my name in the streets this late in life.

Pray for me y'all.

I just came back from my solo vacation to Miami. Had a great time by myself. I ate the food i wanted, shopped, and went to the beach. I didn't meet any guys but I really wasn't putting myself in places to meet guys in the first place. I think i hit the bed at 10 each night, which i was fine with. I'm around people alllll the time. At work, at home, my commute. It's non stop. I actually used Miami to get away from people constantly in my space. Had a beautiful room with a view in downtown miami. I swam in the rooftop pool. Came home and took a bath in the gorgeous jetted tub. It was freaking relaxing. There were some random moments I missed having a guy around, but those thoughts were very short lived. I want to go back again before the end of the year.

I just came back from my solo vacation to Miami. Had a great time by myself. I ate the food i wanted, shopped, and went to the beach. I didn't meet any guys but I really wasn't putting myself in places to meet guys in the first place. I think i hit the bed at 10 each night, which i was fine with. I'm around people alllll the time. At work, at home, my commute. It's non stop. I actually used Miami to get away from people constantly in my space. Had a beautiful room with a view in downtown miami. I swam in the rooftop pool. Came home and took a bath in the gorgeous jetted tub. It was freaking relaxing. There were some random moments I missed having a guy around, but those thoughts were very short lived. I want to go back again before the end of the year.

That sounds glorius!

This post is right on time! I was curious as to how a solo Miami vacation would go. You've inspired me.

I've decided to take a break from dealing with men in a romantic way. If things don't work out with Jai, then I'm done with the whole thing for a long time. Maybe forever. I just don't want to put up with anyone's foolishness or baggage. Right now, I'm having an experience with Jai that has been so different. He seems to really value our time together. He makes me feel secure and accepted. It's like being a kid, and making a new friend at the playground. And you meet there every day, and play for hours. That's how it feels.

I've decided to take a break from dealing with men in a romantic way. If things don't work out with Jai, then I'm done with the whole thing for a long time. Maybe forever. I just don't want to put up with anyone's foolishness or baggage. Right now, I'm having an experience with Jai that has been so different. He seems to really value our time together. He makes me feel secure and accepted. It's like being a kid, and making a new friend at the playground. And you meet there every day, and play for hours. That's how it feels.

Awww, that's such a cute analogy!

Every 23 days I am on my period.... anyone else? I have a copper IUD in so I think that is the problem. When it was out, it seemed my cycle was about 27-28 days long.
Great Scott! That is a long time to be on your cycle. I have the Implanon and my cycle comes every month, but it's 8 days long.

Geez, the next thing I'm getting is a car.
I have had it up to here with the tomfoolery
that I have to witness while traveling.

Last night on my way to work while waiting on the bus, there was a couple that I was for certain were gonna come to blows.

And then today, My son and I walked my mom to the bus stop and this ugly old fat guy with wrinkled clothing kept trying to talk to me. Talking about "why y'all do that? Act like y'all don't want something good. *points himself* This is good."

I'm over this ish. Freaking over it.

Back