It makes me sad, not for myself, but for the wives, when I googled his name his wedding album popped up, his wife is absolutely beautiful, childhood sweethearts.
Men cheat because they are selfish. They aren't thinking of what the cheating would do to his wife, if she found out. Actually, they aren't thinking about the reality of it at all. Just simply the fun, ego strokes, no responsibilities and new kitty kat.
And society GLORIFIES cheating. We don't talk about the emotional torture, the broken homes, the heartache.... (Which is why I absolutely loved Lemonade short film even though I am not really a Beyonce fan).

It isn't you. It isn't her. It is him and his own brokenness.

Sooo..I never posted about this in here but I did end up applying and I got my acceptance letter today.

I'm nervous, as I've been out of school for 16 years now, but I'm excited and looking forward to being more productive with my free time.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I need some dire advice.. I work within a 15 black radius of home, so it is usually, work-home-work-home again! I rarely like traveling to other boroughs via mass transportation, too expensive to rent a car... Only really get out if travelling out of state... I need a wake up call and looking for suggestions on what I can do to make a difference in life... Not to mention my birthday is next month and havent planned for it... :perplexed:... excuse the rambling and venting at time, jus in thoughts... I so got other things I should focus on but this thread is an outlet, so...

I need some dire advice.. I work within a 15 black radius of home, so it is usually, work-home-work-home again! I rarely like traveling to other boroughs via mass transportation, too expensive to rent a car... Only really get out if travelling out of state... I need a wake up call and looking for suggestions on what I can do to make a difference in life... Not to mention my birthday is next month and havent planned for it... :perplexed:... excuse the rambling and venting at time, jus in thoughts... I so got other things I should focus on but this thread is an outlet, so...

Do you have any hobbies? If not, get some. Do you have any friends? Go out with them. Pick a day of the week and go to a lounge or cafe by yourself weekly. We live in nyc, there is plenty to discover. Also, check out AM new york everyday. They post interesting events.

What kinds of things do you like to do?

The work home work home rut? Don't head straight home. Are there any bars, lounges, hell even coffee shops near your job? Stop off in one and just chill for a minute. There's no pressure there because you're alone just trying to decompress after work. Weekends pick something you like to do and go out and do it. Even if you go alone.

Ex. This past weekend I didn't want to be cooped up in the house so I went to Prospect Park by myself and laid on the grass. Read my book, got some sun. Met lots of people since people had their dogs running around and coming up to me to play, footballs were getting thrown my way, and little kids were running around saying hi and waving.

I tried to end things with dude this morning. I told him he was really great but I don't think we should see each other anymore. Dumping someone is hard when the relationship isn't really a relationship. You would think it would be the other way around but it's harder because I have no real reason other than i don't like you and who wants to hear that, right? He tried to hang on saying he can come over this weekend and cook me dinner. Pasta Bolognese. First of all I'm not a major Italian food fan so you aren't really winning me over here and bruh why are you making this harder than it has to be. I really am at that place where I would rather be on my own than spend time with someone I'm not interested in.

So this guy that I tried to dump is still around. He called me on Monday saying he was in the city and asked if we could have lunch. I agreed because I really wanted to go to the bar across the street but my purse did not agree with it. So that's where we went and we had so much fun. How can you have so much fun just having lunch? lol Then toward the end we had a semi-serious conversation about why I wanted to end things with him. He seems very adult and mature and I was able to tell him basically he didn't do anything to me I just lost interest and I wasn't sure why and I'm not going to make excuses about it. It's just the way I felt. He understood but still asked if we could give it another try and surprisingly I wasn't turned off and told him I would think about it. Then later he sent me a text saying he hoped I enjoyed the rest of my day. Well I had started cramping and was miserable. I told him I wasn't feeling well and he came and picked me up from work and drove me home. That was a huge plus for him. And now I have a renewed interest and we've been talking constantly. I'm very comfortable with him and with myself when I'm with him. I was before but in just a week's time and after having that conversation with him it feels...different? Idk. Let's see what happens now.

Watch that pms moodiness. for real. notice how your lack of interest turned around after a week and the cramps andor flow started? hmph.

pms could make you pass up something good (or break up something decent. its happened to me not watching my cycle patterns. smh).

he seems like a nice guy.

So this guy that I tried to dump is still around. He called me on Monday saying he was in the city and asked if we could have lunch. I agreed because I really wanted to go to the bar across the street but my purse did not agree with it. So that's where we went and we had so much fun. How can you have so much fun just having lunch? lol Then toward the end we had a semi-serious conversation about why I wanted to end things with him. He seems very adult and mature and I was able to tell him basically he didn't do anything to me I just lost interest and I wasn't sure why and I'm not going to make excuses about it. It's just the way I felt. He understood but still asked if we could give it another try and surprisingly I wasn't turned off and told him I would think about it. Then later he sent me a text saying he hoped I enjoyed the rest of my day. Well I had started cramping and was miserable. I told him I wasn't feeling well and he came and picked me up from work and drove me home. That was a huge plus for him. And now I have a renewed interest and we've been talking constantly. I'm very comfortable with him and with myself when I'm with him. I was before but in just a week's time and after having that conversation with him it feels...different? Idk. Let's see what happens now.

Watch that pms moodiness. for real. notice how your lack of interest turned around after a week and the cramps andor flow started? hmph.

pms could make you pass up something good (or break up something decent. its happened to me not watching my cycle patterns. smh).

he seems like a nice guy.
Dang I didn't even connect the 2! How did I miss that?

This world is toooooo freaking small!

I've been chatting with this guy for about 2 weeks & I'm kinda feeling him, he called me the other day & we caked on the phone for almost 2 hours. During the course of the conversation he told me he was in my hometown for his frat brother's/bestie's wedding a couple weeks ago.

I'm nosy so I decided to see if I can find him on Instagram and saw that he had pictures of the wedding on his Instagram profile and of him with his frat brother(the groom).......his frat brother is this dude I used to talk to but I stopped because he sent me nasty unsolicited dick pics.

I think I could go the rest of my life without having sex and not think twice about it. My dream would be an open relationship with a moneyed eunuch and I'm not kidding.
Yes ma'am!:toocool:
I could so see myself having a relationship like that. As long as he takes care of my emotional and financial needs, everything would be pretty awesome.

the older i get, this is what ive realized it really comes down to.

hey! you changed your name! :up:
Yay, I was wondering if anyone was gonna notice :lachen:
I picked the first username because I was singing Eve's "Who's that Girl" in my head and I was natural at the time. Hence, "whosthatcurl." I didn't know there was another user with a similar name :lol: and I was too lazy to change it. I picked this username because it's my favorite line from Poetic Justice, and I'm usually trying to eat someone's (I'm comfortable with) food :rofl:

Back