So I'm acting like I don't know how to multiqote and post everything at the same time with all these posts but I don't care. :lol:

I tried to end things with dude this morning. I told him he was really great but I don't think we should see each other anymore. Dumping someone is hard when the relationship isn't really a relationship. You would think it would be the other way around but it's harder because I have no real reason other than i don't like you and who wants to hear that, right? He tried to hang on saying he can come over this weekend and cook me dinner. Pasta Bolognese. First of all I'm not a major Italian food fan so you aren't really winning me over here and bruh why are you making this harder than it has to be. I really am at that place where I would rather be on my own than spend time with someone I'm not interested in.

All my reading has got me feeling myself. I'm strutting around here like I'm hot ish. I mean, I am but I really feel like I am after these books. :lol: Men are looking at me on the subway, in Starbucks, in the supermarket and I'm staring them down like you gonna come talk to me or just look? Just look? Well out of my sight then peasant! It's pretty fun to watch
. Out of all the men only 2 approached me and one was cute but then I heard him on the phone before he approached me and he was yelling at someone and it turned me off. Oh well.

I was seriously thinking about signing up for another dating site but this time it would have to be a substantial site. Not sure though. Still thinking about that since I'm having fun enjoying all the eye candy irl for now. I guess I can do both. We'll see.

Sounds like someone is all Spartaned up!! :toocool: Don't hurt girl LOL!

Why may i ask? I was going to attend..but im not sure yet

Yea I want to know why too! My friends have enjoyed attending for the past two events. The guys love it because of all the beautiful Black women and the girls love it because they got to mingle with other young Blacks & it's in Brooklyn so they didn't have to travel.

Just a bunch of vendors in a park outside. It wasn't very interactive.

Vancouver was life changing, y'all. I'm already planning my next trip but this time to Vancouver Island. It was magical. I'm moving to the Pacific Northwest. It is happening-- likely next year. Why? Because I felt at home for the first time in my life. I found my tribe there. And also because Danny Bonaduce told me to. Let me explain.

I stumbled into a popular Vancouver dive bar after a long day of sightseeing and figured I'd treat myself to a beer since I was good all weekend. A couple sits next to me and the man strikes up a conversation. I noticed he looked familiar but couldn't quite figure it out. When we exchanged names I realized it was Danny Bonaduce. When he asked where I was from (South) he told me right away that I belong on the west coast or pacific northwest because I have that vibe. He suggested Seattle or LA. I think I'm sold on the PNW for now. He and his wife were nice and gave me a lot of encouragement to move where my heart takes me. He pretty much told me to move out west and my life will change. After this trip, I believe him.

Yes, Vancouver was life-changing. I made so many friends who connected with me in a way I haven't found in many other places. I hiked, kayaked, and chilled on the beach with people who felt like lifelong friends. It took no effort for me to find them-- I was just being myself, but this time I was in the right place.

And don't get me started on the men. There were many, and they had everything I'm looking for in a man. It is so clear to me now why nothing has worked out for me so far. The guys I thought I wanted weren't for me. The men I met in Vancouver were world travelers, adventure junkies, and free spirits. In just a few days in Vancouver I got more play than I'd gotten in a year back in my hometown. I wasn't even looking. What other men overlooked drove these men wild. It should be this easy all of the time. This feels right.

I've discovered a renewed passion for life and all it took was a solo trip and for me to release all of the negative energy I had around being single. I trust that it will happen in time, but for now I live in alignment with who I am. That's all I can do. My biggest goal right now is to do my research, visit some cities, and decide on my next move when this contract is up. I need mountains in my life and I have to be back near a coast of some sort.

As crazy as it sounds, I know how I'm going to meet my FH. We are due to cross paths in time. No more worrying about it or comparing myself to others. Have some on this board tell it-- you failed if you didn't meet your SO before 25. That works for some, but knowing what I want, my FH and I are meant to meet later than most for a reason. It won't always be easy but I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Vancouver was life changing, y'all. I'm already planning my next trip but this time to Vancouver Island. It was magical. I'm moving to the Pacific Northwest. It is happening-- likely next year. Why? Because I felt at home for the first time in my life. I found my tribe there. And also because Danny Bonaduce told me to. Let me explain.

I stumbled into a popular Vancouver dive bar after a long day of sightseeing and figured I'd treat myself to a beer since I was good all weekend. A couple sits next to me and the man strikes up a conversation. I noticed he looked familiar but couldn't quite figure it out. When we exchanged names I realized it was Danny Bonaduce. When he asked where I was from (South) he told me right away that I belong on the west coast or pacific northwest because I have that vibe. He suggested Seattle or LA. I think I'm sold on the PNW for now. He and his wife were nice and gave me a lot of encouragement to move where my heart takes me. He pretty much told me to move out west and my life will change. After this trip, I believe him.

Yes, Vancouver was life-changing. I made so many friends who connected with me in a way I haven't found in many other places. I hiked, kayaked, and chilled on the beach with people who felt like lifelong friends. It took no effort for me to find them-- I was just being myself, but this time I was in the right place.

And don't get me started on the men. There were many, and they had everything I'm looking for in a man. It is so clear to me now why nothing has worked out for me so far. The guys I thought I wanted weren't for me. The men I met in Vancouver were world travelers, adventure junkies, and free spirits. In just a few days in Vancouver I got more play than I'd gotten in a year back in my hometown. I wasn't even looking. What other men overlooked drove these men wild. It should be this easy all of the time. This feels right.

I've discovered a renewed passion for life and all it took was a solo trip and for me to release all of the negative energy I had around being single. I trust that it will happen in time, but for now I live in alignment with who I am. That's all I can do. My biggest goal right now is to do my research, visit some cities, and decide on my next move when this contract is up. I need mountains in my life and I have to be back near a coast of some sort.

As crazy as it sounds, I know how I'm going to meet my FH. We are due to cross paths in time. No more worrying about it or comparing myself to others. Have some on this board tell it-- you failed if you didn't meet your SO before 25. That works for some, but knowing what I want, my FH and I are meant to meet later than most for a reason. It won't always be easy but I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

I love this post, and I'm happy for you.

Am i the only one sick to death of this gloomy weather in the north east? I have a bunch of dresses and spring outfits i want to wear and it just keeps raining and raining. And if its not doing that its cloudy as hayle and cold
My friend just sent me a pic of us on this very day last year and I was wearing one of the dresses I wear when it's so hot and I want to be naked but have to go outside. Can't believe I'm still wearing a jacket and stockings in practically June!

Imagine a world where women were so no nonsense and up on game that men had to up their respect level and change their behavior because those old tricks no longer worked. Imagine a reality where a woman didn’t waste her time with a man that had her in a Placeholder position because she was confident enough to let go of him and find better.

Imagine if every woman truly had zero ****s to give, heart strings that couldn’t be pulled, and minds that couldn’t be manipulated by guilt… unless you’re a misogynist you would have to admit that it’d be a better planet. The empowerment of women is the only way this world improves.

I’m not talking about freeing the nipple or becoming president, I’m talking about the simple mental progression of no longer being played for fools and treated like second rate citizens all in the name of one day getting married. I imagine that kind of world every day, then I look online or have a conversation and it’s the same old ****. There are girls who talk about “stay woke” when it comes to politics, but have men in their phones right now playing them. There are girls that **** on men all day long via their online persona but in real life are submitting to the same type of bums they clown on the timeline.

How can you wield any power when you go dumb for dick and forget your standards or submit just because you have a crush on someone? All those book smarts and analytical skills and you’re still stuck on, “How can I make him like me?” Men don’t change their ways because they know the female empowerment goes out the window the moment they make a joke and you start giggling like a 16-year-old school girl.

http://blackgirlsareeasy.com/2017/05/things_your_father_should_have-taught.html

Imagine a world where women were so no nonsense and up on game that men had to up their respect level and change their behavior because those old tricks no longer worked. Imagine a reality where a woman didn’t waste her time with a man that had her in a Placeholder position because she was confident enough to let go of him and find better.

Imagine if every woman truly had zero ****s to give, heart strings that couldn’t be pulled, and minds that couldn’t be manipulated by guilt… unless you’re a misogynist you would have to admit that it’d be a better planet. The empowerment of women is the only way this world improves.

I’m not talking about freeing the nipple or becoming president, I’m talking about the simple mental progression of no longer being played for fools and treated like second rate citizens all in the name of one day getting married. I imagine that kind of world every day, then I look online or have a conversation and it’s the same old ****. There are girls who talk about “stay woke” when it comes to politics, but have men in their phones right now playing them. There are girls that **** on men all day long via their online persona but in real life are submitting to the same type of bums they clown on the timeline.

How can you wield any power when you go dumb for dick and forget your standards or submit just because you have a crush on someone? All those book smarts and analytical skills and you’re still stuck on, “How can I make him like me?” Men don’t change their ways because they know the female empowerment goes out the window the moment they make a joke and you start giggling like a 16-year-old school girl.

http://blackgirlsareeasy.com/2017/05/things_your_father_should_have-taught.html

Definitely reading the rest of this later.

I'm sick & it's this bunass weather's fault. I texted Bae and asked if he's still sick cause he was sick the weekend before last. He said no and asked if I was ok. Then I called him & started crying in the bathroom :lol: he's leaving work early to carry me home. I'm happy he's a sweetheart cause lord knows idk how I'm getting home from work today

I'm sick & it's this bunass weather's fault. I texted Bae and asked if he's still sick cause he was sick the weekend before last. He said no and asked if I was ok. Then I called him & started crying in the bathroom :lol: he's leaving work early to carry me home. I'm happy he's a sweetheart cause lord knows idk how I'm getting home from work today

Aww, feel better soon!

This is getting interesting. I feel so comfortable around this dude but I am adamantly against monogamy at this point, but in name only. I do not want to limit myself or feel beholden should something better come along. But everything is so perfect now that I don't have the pressure to commit, if that makes sense. There is no pressure to do anything. I need for anything or want for anything and this is the first time ever I been the focus of any relationship. The catering to my goals and ambitions. Not just relationship wise, but life. I can say I want to take a flight to who knows and I feel the universe would make it happen. I had my first engineering class so I am high minded now lol. I never really functioned at this level.

Does anyone else feel like it is open season on single women around here? Some of the threads in OT contain some low key single woman shade, but I could just be looking too much into it. What gives?

It's ALWAYS open season on single women round here :lol: There can be a thread on the most random topic and it will turn into a "that's why you ain't got no man" thread. The only group of people who get it worse are single mothers

Back